Aurora

Beccah

AD2-Aurora.jpg

Aurora

You’ll want to catch this cloud of deliciousness before it sails off the shelves! Our beloved customers constantly crave the fluffy soft soothing sweetness of lavender-marshmallow and we’re happy to oblige with this sheer but “sticky” delight crafted with three varieties of lavender and two types of marshmallow oil swirled with luscious buttercream and white amber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.

MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

Unbelievably drop dead gorgeous. It's sweet and soft and lush. The lavender has the smallest tinge of camphor right out of the bottle but it's gone within a minute. It's everything I wished Purple Puff would be. Love love love!

Unbelievably drop dead gorgeous. It's sweet and soft and lush. The lavender has the smallest tinge of camphor right out of the bottle but it's gone within a minute. It's everything I wished Purple Puff would be. Love love love!

Oh I love Puff. I was wondering if this was closer to Fuzzy? or something between the two. I hope I can handle the Camphor, I'm not at all a fan of that particular Lav. Fingers crossed I don't amp it or it dissipates quickly.

No it's not the camphorous lavender you're thinking of. I think most lavenders get a bit of camphor just from aging. This one is not like the one in either Fuzzy Wuzzy/Body Paint or the one in Purple Puff. It's softer .

This is soooooo lovely, and I'm not that big a fan of lavender in general but Aurora is everything I love about a sweetened lavender blend. I agree that it's not like Body Paint, but if you like that type of lavender scent then this one would be a no-brainer.

Wow pretty lavender scent with a creamy feel.

I like this. I do get a sort of Body Paint feel. Well Body Paint without the berries. Which is what I wish for when I try to wear that scent. The berries go medicinal on me.

Here I get a pretty, delicate lavender with a creamy sweet base. A faint powdery wiff at the end finishes it off. Nice.

This is one of the first ones I reached for - lavender and marshmallow - YUM!

And it IS lovely!

On me the lavender is forward and the other notes are a pillow underneath for it to rest on. Not really sugary but not a bite-y lavender either. Just a soft calm fragrance - almost - hmm - powdery? VERY nice! ^_^

I'll echo everyone and say the lavender here is lovely, but what really stood out for me is that this is also the plushest and most intense marshmallow I think I have ever smelled! I keep getting an image of Easter every time I sniff it -- there is something lush and creamy and so sweet. It's foodier and sweeter than Beautiful Dreamer, and softer and less tending towards camphor/medicinal than Body Paint. Probably a little too sweet for where my tastes are right now, but if you wanting something delicious and rich and ridiculously indulgent, here it is!

Yes the marshmallow is soft and plush. I reminds me of the marshmallow in Songi Incantanti (SP? sorry the Italian is rusty). It soft and creamy sweet. Not so dense that I get a toothache. Nice balance.

The gloriousness of this scent goes without saying it is a sweet pillowy dream - The lavender is an extremely tame, mild flavoring, with no herbal bite. It is extremely soft I have to really slather. But the bonus -- without fail, on the nights that I have worn it to bed, I have fallen asleep instantly, and slept deeply and without interruption. It happens with this every time, and doesn't happen when I don't wear it. In fact it is so effective that it is really hard to get out of bed in the morning! I can never be without this not just for normal use, but look forward to using it to fight jetlag when traveling.

Edited by tyvey

This scent is very sweet and a bit medicinal on me.

Very relaxing scent imo!!

Not something I would wear out every day, but this is something I would love to lounge around the house in as it's just so chill!

Would love if this became a bath oil tbh ^.^

• 1 month later...

This is one of my favourites of this batch of NR's. It's like a soft, lush comforting embrace. It's quite subtle, the kind of scent I'd wear when I don't want it obvious I'm wearing anything at all if that majes sense. I get mainly creamy vanilla & marshmallow on a smooth musky background, with very little lavender. I think that's probably why I really like it, I don't amp the lavender to sickening levels, it remains as just a subtle hint in the background. If I didn't know it was there I probably wouldn't notice it.

This is a scent I could see myself slather on for bedtime too :)

I really like this scent a lot. My only issue is the strong powdery finish I get off it. It must be me because I don't see anyone else note that. It goes a little pircey after a bit on my skin. But I do love a good lavender so I'm stuck on the fence. Other than that It is sort of hypnotic scent with a pretty, woozy lavender note.

I've never gone through a bottle as quickly as I have this one, and I don't think I've ever bought multiple bottles of a scent in one shot before, as I just did with this. It is as always fascinating how it plays so differently with everyone's chemistry and even across time - it is no longer quiet on me - now it is very present, insistent, and full-bodied - it even throws a fair amount. I get a fair amount of lavender, and StacyK, it is quite powdery on me too. It is so wonderfully balanced. If i could buy a gallon sprayer of this and soak my bed sheets and comforter with it that would be heaven.

For me, Aurora is like a soft marshmallow. Creamy, sweet with a lush gourmand vanilla. Thankfully, it never becomes too cloying. This has just enough lavender to give this fragrance a pastel purple aura. After wear, the scent powders down, yet maintains that comforting vibe.

• 5 months later...

This is so pretty. The lavender's pointy-ness went away after a bit and more of the marshmallow came through.

I NEED a bottle of this for sure. It's pillowy lavender and marshmallows. It's the perfect cuddle on the couch with soft blankets all day kinda scent.... Or when you wish you could lol!

Pretty much! This is meant for breathing in deeply and relaxing with.

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I always preface a lavender scent review by saying I am not a big lavender fan. This is a sweet, milky lavender. The lavender has a medicinal tone. The marshmallow blossoms within seconds, but the medicinal tone remains (I actually feel it could clear out my nose!). Something else foodie, probably the vanilla comes out and the medicinal tone settles down. Now it is a yummy vanilla marshmallow, very vanilla, very marshmallowey. The lavender is now underneath it all. It ends up being a well-rounded lavender/marshmallow/vanilla scent. Lovely!

• 7 months later...

I am absolutely in love with this. It's become my go to bedtime scent, layered with a smidge of NoCo white. So calming and soothing, not overly sweet, and on me the lavender had a tiny bit of herbal bite to keep it interesting and not-too-tame. When I was a young'un I was *obsessed* with Aurora Borealis and my screennames and handles were always some form of Aurora, so this purchase would have been a no brainer no matter what, but I'm so pleased to love it as much as I do!

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds like it should be exactly my kind of scent. I adore lavender, marshmallow, and any combinations of those two. I love the name, and the label. And I don't mind it. It just doesn't seem to have that somethin'-somethin' that, say, Beautiful Dreamer (which I love madly) has. I don't know if it's too soft on me or what. Maybe I'll need to test it out again and see if that makes a difference, I don't know.

No, I think that was in one of the ones I'm waiting for? It should be here on Monday I think...

BTW did you get my email(s) about the ones we were talking about? I have your box like half packed up but I don't know if you want any of the others I mentioned or not (no pressure if not, I just need to know whether to pull them out or not), or if I got everything right.

ETA: Ooooooh, I just looked up Liebchen...I'm very excited to try that one!

ETAA: I can't remember which sampler I ordered--Pherotine 2018 or Summer 2017...or both? Ahhhhh!

Edited by Lainey

No, I think that was in one of the ones I'm waiting for? It should be here on Monday I think...

BTW did you get my email(s) about the ones we were talking about? I have your box like half packed up but I don't know if you want any of the others I mentioned or not (no pressure if not, I just need to know whether to pull them out or not), or if I got everything right.

ETA: Ooooooh, I just looked up Liebchen...I'm very excited to try that one!

ETAA: I can't remember which sampler I ordered--Pherotine 2018 or Summer 2017...or both? Ahhhhh!

Sad but true, I'll check here any time of day, my email is less interesting. I do only want the LP variant samples. I'll email you in a little bit. I just got home from teaching and fairly committed to watching the Warriors and playing solitaire and not using my brain for the next. hour. Currently failing at convincing my man that not only does he want to cook me food, but that it's actually his idea. He said, "do you want to make out?" I said, "I would, but I'm too hungry" and nothing happened.

I asked about Liebchen because I was also surprised that Aurora didn't rock my boat that much, either. I am also a huge fan of Beautiful Dreamer, and I find Liebchen intoxicatingly lovely. We are lucky to not love them all!

Edited by Eastwood22

Okay, no worries. We'll work that out over email (I'm a bit confused as to whether you still want the bottle of A Lick of Cream and the trial vial of Lait du Citron--but if you don't want Lait du Citron I'm waffling on giving it up anyway, lol!).

Where I live we have a website called Skip the Dishes that delivers food from a bunch of different restaurants and it is basically the only way I manage to eat some days.

Oooh, looks like I did order Pherotine 2018, and therefore will be getting Liebchen! I'm excited now.

Yes, it would be a lot better for my wallet if I didn't love so many of them! lol.

Edited by Lainey

• 2 months later...

I'm not a huge fan of lavender and definitely not milk/butter/cream + amber, but this meld is really soft, so the whole fragrance just clouds me with comfort. It's good for a home-spa mood to drain the day's negativity.