Lariel

Beccah

AD2-Lariel.jpg

Lariel

The name means "Lioness of God" and this one is sure to make you roar! In the popular tradition of our citrus gourmand fragrances we’ve whipped up a bold and creamy orange floral cupcake blend just in time for the warm weather. Showers of orange blossom and numerous varieties of ylang-ylang melded with creamy-sweet caramel and vanilla, fresh green coconut water, grounded with sturdy teak and just a touch of tropical smoked sugarcane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

ORANGE & BLOSSOMS ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibly, soothes marital problems. Aphrodisiac, mood balancing, relaxation.
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

Ooooh I like this!

In spirit, this one reminds me of Adrienne's Tangy Ylang or even Celestial Body. It has a really lovely perfume-y quality to it, the orange blossom is faboo - like in LP: Valentine - a bright whisper (if that makes sense) with a sensual creamy bottom, but not too foody. This hits my sweet spot (pun intended) in terms of a gourmand floral which is definitely more in favor of the floral part of the equation. In the long drydown the orange impression deepens but remains mostly floral.

This is bright and lovely, and while it reminds me of Inspire Desire, it is definitely its own thing -- instead of cake, it feels more like the creamy orange that if it were a food would probably be ice cream, but despite the foodie ingredients, it doesn't read as foodie to my nose.

In other words, as I reread Luna's review, everything she said!

This did not agree with me at all at the beginning - I amp orange blossom, which I don't like, so it was doomed. Many hours in, the OB calmed down and it all turned into a creamy smooth purring kind of thing. The teak really adds a timeless quality. Will try again and see if aging brings out some of the other notes sooner.

This is not a review (yet), but I opened this first and BOOM! Fresh orange or tangelo peel. .. .like literally the peel is bursting with the sweet and the bitter green of a peel. . and right underneath is a sweet burnt sugar smell. This is like the crust of creme brulee with candied orange peel on top (on me). . .my eyes are rolling back in my head with delight. And I'm starving for dessert even though I just ate lunch.

I am terrible at describing scents, but when I first put this on, it smelled exactly like Fruity Pebbles....I thought..meh..It's ok, not my favorite. 45 minutes later that smell is gone and I have a wonderful sweet, clean, floral. So that's my description..I REALLY like it. Light and springy.

I really like this. Soft, shimmering & warm. My only issue is that the Orange is LOUD for about 30 min. My skin tends to amp citrus to high heavens, It dies down though and I get the sweet fruity warmth, with the Ylang and coconut backing it up. The smooth wood underneath rounds it out. I'm betting some age with temper the orange a bit. But, overall a wonderful warm scent. Summery & Glamorous. :relaxing:

This is my favorite of the new releases. It smells more like an orange creamsicle than an orange cupcake on me. The drydown is woodsy and sexy. It smells different than when I first put it on so I was wondering who smelled so good and it was me!

First on - orange glazed, cake doughnut! That's what I get! A decadent cake, drizzled with orange glaze seeping into it! Something spicy too...then about 15 minutes in the confection side of it backs off enough for me to recognize the floral side and something - smoky? But there's no smoke note :huh: Hormones?

This stays decidedly foodie, even once the floral comes through. Really yummy! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Upon first application I get tart orange with a gorgeous creamy, sweet, gourmand base. During wear, the teak gives such a lovely rich quality to this fragrance, without taking away the perfume-y quality that the florals provide. Although this perfume is on the softer side on me, it has great longevity.

• 11 months later...

Wearing tonight. Wow,even better than I remembered. Orange marmalade over honey cake with the wood note adding oomph to the composition. Strong, not too foody but also not overly sweet fruit. Much more full bodied than LP Valentine and more orange peel than neroli eo smelling. Swoon.

• 3 weeks later...

Smelling this now, brought Celebutaunt to mind. Not quite as Vroom, Vroom. It feels like a mello version of its lawyered up cousin.

Although, oddly Celeb, on my skin, smells like it has a touch of Lime in it [it doesn't].

Maybe it's aging, for anyone missing the joys of Celebutaunt this might be a good option.

Just dumped the last of my trial down my front so I'll be enjoying this today. It's raining here so I'll be bringing the light and warmth with me. Perfect.

Edited by StacyK

• 1 year later...

I don't have this, but I am currently on the hunt for a strong teakwood scent. All of the other notes in here agree with me, but how prominent is the teakwood? 

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Wet this is coconut forward with sweetness from the vanilla. It's a dry, sort of dark but fresh coconut. Not the sweetened kind. That initial scent stays as an underpinning throughout its wear, but as it dries down the orange blossom comes out more. My skin reacts to orange blossom differently than most people's and turns it kind of masculine. So it's a lot more unisex on me that I think it would be on most people. It's sort of airy and earthy and fresh yet somehow a bit dry all at once. It reminds me a bit of Coco Chrissy's. The low floral one. It's something about the type of coconut and the vanilla. Lariel is much more complex, though, and a bit sweeter. Despite that complexity, it layers really well. I especially like it with Dylan. It's also good for putting under something that's too bright. Helps give depth and grounding without competing too much or clashing. 

At first, I wasn't sure of this one, but I now have 2 bottles. That's a result both of it growing on me and the reactions it provokes. Lariel isn't pheroed, but it acts like it is. I get so many hits with this one. So many. On its own and when it's layered with something. It's magic. (Really, y'all. So many.)