New 2016

Beccah

AD2-New2016.jpg

New 2016

Life begins in Spring, and the season is the reason for the return of our much-loved offering to new life and endless possibility. This baby-like fragrance is a lovely reminder for mothers of when their dear ones were New, but everyone can enjoy its' soothing scent. A heart of milk extract accord is made delicately fragrant with clean lavender and vanilla, then given a baby powder soft finish with sweetened oakmoss. Great for wearing at bedtime or whenever you desire a comforting olfactory embrace...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MILK ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this is lovely. Soft, clean, fresh, powdery...

I remember New and got the sample before, but that was used up long ago. Maybe this is a complete over simplification, but I very much like the OCCO Blue because of the oak moss and I snagged the sugared oak moss for the same reason.

The original New BLEW off the shelves :lol: I will try to get a FB this time around...

So clean and soft, powdery, not soapy. Almost creamy even - nice :heart:

First application this was one of my faves. Second application not so much. It was overpowering but in all fairness it was that time of the month so that could of been making me sensitive to it. I will have to try it again.

From what I remember tho it was soft powdery and fresh. Definitely a baby like feel. I sometimes amp lavender so that could be getting sharp on me.

• 2 weeks later...

I compared this with the bottle I have from the second time Mara brewed NEW and it's pretty much the same, although I think the lavender is a tiny bit more forward. But it's that same soft creamy-powdery soothing aura. This will always be one of my favorites for bedtime.

On my skin this version is more of a skin hugging scent. A touch less powdery on the finish and lighter on the lavender than the last brew. Although, IMO it has plenty of throw.

Overall, I get more of a soft, skin hugging fragrance. I love both versions and have a stash of the last brew. But, this is different enough to require a bottle. :heart:

Edited by StacyK

• 2 weeks later...

This really has a baby powder vibe for me. It reminds me a lot of having my first son and the baby powder and bubble bath I had for him at the time. It's not too sweet but very soft, powdery and gentle lavender. Innocent and sleep inducing.

I tried this one for a couple hours this morning... it was very nice when I smelled it close to my skin, a soft, sweet lavender. But the scent that wafted up was kind of like sour milk, lol

I tried this one for a couple hours this morning... it was very nice when I smelled it close to my skin, a soft, sweet lavender. But the scent that wafted up was kind of like sour milk, lol

It's the authentic baby spittle I added. ;)

It's the authentic baby spittle I added. ;)

Bella,that's funny because I've had my skin do that on some "cakey" scents. But, not this one. lol Mara :lol:

Edited by StacyK

• 3 weeks later...

I finally ordered my FB! So glad it was still here to order.

Funny, I didn't get sour milk :lol: but I'll perk my nose for it next time I wear it!

This is so calming and such a skin scent, like you just showered. Clean but not soapy, so soft. A great spring fragrance - thought we seemed to have jumped straight from winter to summer - with a 2-3 week soggy period of rain that was supposed to suffice for spring in between... :P

Even so, this is a nice relaxed fragrance for a lazy day - or something soft for bedtime :heart:

Girl don't perk your nose for it at all! Soon you're going to be swimming in sour milk daily. Enjoy all your milk less days now while you can!

:lol: Sounds like a plan when you put it like that! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Love it! Smells very very similar to the New that Mara brewed last. This is one of my favorite potions. I wore it two weeks ago to stay in the nursery at church. I hadn't even held a baby in 15 plus years and I figured the lavender would help me to relax a bit. Not only did it work on me, but also it seemed to help the babies/toddlers. I would definitely recommend...:)

• 3 weeks later...

A million thanks to Mara for not rebrewing this until after my husband's vasectomy (I was not around for the original brew). The last thing I need is 5 more :P I am absolutely head over heels in love with this one. It doesn't literally smell like a baby, or at least like none of mine did (or I probably WOULD have twice as many, haha!) It smells more to me like the aura of a baby, pure snuggly love and soft fuzzy white light, which I know sounds woo-woo, sorry guys, but I gotta call it like I smell it :D Very soothing, gentle, creamy, powdery goodness. Love, love, love. Thank you for taking me back!

• 11 months later...

This is the only version of New that I've tried. Warm, sweet innocence. The milk and vanilla began to go slightly plastic after a few minutes, but thankfully that went away not long afterward. It's so comforting; I just want to inhale it.

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 10 months later...

Ok I took a break from this for a few months and wearing it tonight, I’m addicted to it. The milk accord is so comforting without becoming foodie; when I want something subtle and skin-like, this is perfect. I want to sniff myself all night long.

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 3 weeks later...

At first, this was really clean and powdery on me, but later it evolved into more vanilla (still clean and powdery, but the vanilla was strong, which I love).