Private Editions for May 2016

We've got SEVEN great PEs this month! :D

4/16 Itty Sets are available, $8 each including postage.

(Blackcat, Chelle, Bella, Hearts, EOSP, JLisa, SeaJam, Ute, Curiousnose, Lainey, Tink, Curiousnose)

AD-PE-BlackcatAD.jpg

Blackcat's Afternoon Delight w/ Copulins

A delicious, thick and fruity concoction crafted of cocoa butter, coconut creme, whipped cream, cherries, banana and little dashes of marshmallow and vanilla. Blackcat's summer cops cover will evoke fond memories of the original Me, Jane!

8/15 bottles available

(Seajam x 2, MDCherie, Amyrose, StacyK, Tyvey, Tink

AD-PE-CassandraDW.jpg

Cassandra's Dark Wishes

Cassandra crafted an original gem out of night blooming jasmine and black licorice, (there's the dark) and dandelion and powdered sugar (there be the wishes) on a base of soft white amber. I took the liberty of adding a few drops of Hedione too!

1 bottle available

(Kitty)

AD-PE-FlowersForIzzy.jpg

Flowers for Izzy

Our own Izzy D asked me to recreate a much loved traditional scent that men have been donning since the 1950's, (but I still consider it on the femme side of unisex). The source: Tres Flores Brilliantine, hair pomade for men. The most easily recognizable note is the centerpiece of jasmine, but the other two are secret and I had to guess...to my nose, they smell like neroli and carnation, both somewhat masculine notes so that makes sense, and it came out almost identical to the original. Very nice!

4 bottles available

(Sunnycowgirl

AD-PE-Petit42.jpg

Cassandra's Petit 4.2

Yep, Tyvey guessed right! Cassandra asked for something similar to Petit Four Your Thoughts, and I got close, but no where near exact, as every ingredient besides the original vanilla had to be replaced with newer sources, but the feel is still there and fans of the old should enjoy the new as well!

Ingredients: Vanilla, raspberry, almond, pistachio, coconut cream, and a dash of amber in the base.

15 bottles available

(TiffanySushi x 2, Sunnycowgirl, Tyvey, Hearts

AD-PE-SweetJoyce.jpg

Sweet Joyce

Sweet Joyce has a sweet family too - her hubby and daughter came into the shop to commission a birthday gift for her, and their request was to make mom smell good enough to eat! They decided on thick cake batter style vanilla and a load of brown sugar, with tiny accents of pecan and cinnamon, and a sweet amber in the base. Definitely yummerific!

9 bottles available

AD-PE-TinyFF.jpg

Tiny's Festival Fancy

Tiny5000 has summer on her mind - she wanted to evoke the feeling of humid summer air, good times, and illicit substances on the breeze. Together we came up with a blend of peppercorn and thyme, pipe tobacco and incensey black musk, rounded out with the aromas of green grass and a smidge of aged patchouli. A recipe for astral travel, maybe time travel too!

2 bottles available

AD-PE-VultureEgg.jpg

Tink's Vulture & the Egg

Tink is calling up some serious vulture medicine with this crafty potion! She envisioned a potion for cleansing and transformation, with a "light, salty, cleansing" vibe. I used three kinds of cactus accords, an ozone-y sea salt note, some meringue to evoke the egg in question, and just a tiny smidge of powdered sugar and sweet sandalwood to add a desert sand feel. One of the most unique ideas I have been presented with. Very nice!

2 bottles available

(Blackat, Chelle)

Also want to note that there are still Itty Sets available from the past two months.

April - 12 sets of 5 available ($5 each)

(Ute,

March - 5 sets of 9 available ($10 each)

(Ute,

And for the locals, tomorrow night is PARTY night! Hope to see you there! :D

13076968_1039539616099553_58390010068763

“Festival Frivolity”

a Detective Odin adventure by Julian Lune

Herbert Odin regarded the phone on his desk with undisguised loathing. He opened his mouth to call out to his assistant, who always seemed to know when he was about to do just that.

“It’s the Chief!” Reina said.

“Well can’t you just take a message?”

“Just get it over with, sir.”

Odin sighed and answered the phone. “Detective Odin.”

“Odin, the Mayor wants you in her office within the next hour.”

“Is this about the museum theft, sir? Because I thought the FBI -”

“I’m not letting the Feds swoop in on this one! A man’s got his pride to protect, y’know.”

“Yes sir.”

Odin didn’t consider himself lazy, it’s just that the mayor of his fair city was a rather eccentric woman who some said had a rather sadistic streak. He stood up from his desk and Reina was already waiting for him in the doorway.

“You won’t need your coat, sir, it’s a warm day..”

“Reina, can’t you go talk to her, woman-to-woman?”

“Sir, if Izzy says you’ve got to placate the mayor, then you have to do it. You’re not afraid of her, are you?”

Their boss, Isadore Balmaniente, was the type of man who said you could call him Izzy...until one day you disappointed him, and then you couldn’t. He wore his thick black hair slicked back, leaving a faint scent of flowery pomade throughout the precinct. He was a legend, a hero, a father figure to the force...and a man no one wanted to disappoint.

“Of Cassandra Souhait? Well, uh -”

Reina smiled. “She won’t bite...anymore, that is.”

Their mayor had a bit of a dark reputation...but she was all business now. Odin attempted to remember that as he sat in her tidy but ornate office, full of expensive furniture and exotic accessories. Said official was attired all in black, save a crimson scarf adorning her turtleneck sweater. He mopped at his forehead but she was cool as anything found in a refrigerator.

“Herbert,” she purred, a smile framed by deep red lipstick. “I want to know why you declined the festival detail.”

“Oh well, Your Honor, I’ve got a backlog of cases, and -”

“Now what did I tell you about that, hmm? Call me Cassandra.”

The title of Mistress which had once proceeded her name was implied. She wore her deep russet hair in a chic chignon and drummed nails which matched her lips upon her marble-topped desk.

“Uh, yeah so Cassandra, I just believe it would be a better use of my time, you see, to -”

Why was he always so flustered in her presence? Odin wondered. As Reina reminded him, she wouldn’t bite. Probably.

The Mayor laughed merrily, flicking the tassels on her silk scarf. A faint whiff of jasmine tickled his nose in the wake of her movement

“Herbert you are the best detective on the force. I don’t expect mayhem at this gathering, but kids these days, you know? Also, well, my sister will be in town -”

“Your sister the baker?”

“Yes, she insisted upon having a booth at the festival, and, well, I’m worried about her. She’s a bit eccentric, as you know.”

Runs in the family, Odin thought, and forced himself to remain composed.

“Well we can put a special detail on her, ma - uh, Cassandra.”

“Herbert, you will be the special detail. I’m counting on you to make sure she doesn’t get into trouble. Joyce is such a -”

“Uh ma’am, I don’t know that I’m the right man -”

“- a bon vivant, shall we say. And you are absolutely the right man for the job!”

“I don’t even like rock music.”

“Oh who does?! But I’m counting on you, Herbert.” Her tone made it apparent that she would brook no argument or excuse.

“Yes ma’am,” he said, past caring whether she would be offended by the honorific.

“Sir, don’t look at it as a demotion - it’ll be fun!” Reina assured him.

Herbert tried to look as pitiful as possible. When he had returned and reported to the Chief that the Mayor wanted him to work the festival, Izzy had given him a “Women...what can you do?!” sort of look. Odin had opened his mouth, only to be cut off with, “Don’t disappoint me, Herbie!”

Nobody called him Herbie, except the Chief.

“I hate being out in the sun. I hate rock music. And I hate crowds.”

“Say what you will about Joyce, she’s a darn good baker.”

“Did you know she’s in a cult now? They live out in the desert. They call themselves the Order of the Sacred Vulture.”

“Vultures are very important to the circle of life,” Reina intoned.

“Yeah but, do you need to form a cult for them?”

“Sir, I’ll come with you, how’s that? That way you can just focus on looking for perps. I’ll handle Joyce.”

“You just want to eat those little cakes.”

“They’re called petit fours and yes, I wouldn’t miss them for the world!”

The festival - which was scheduled to last far into the night - was packed full of colorful people imbibing various substances but primarily high on sunshine and music and...well, various substances. Joyce’s booth was labeled with a large sign:

Sweet Joyce’s sweet treats

All proceeds benefit the Order of the Vulture

The Earth Mama in question was doing a bangup business in petit fours, as evidenced by the long line in front of her concession. And she made sure to hand out brochures which contained a great many interesting facts about vultures.

“Dude, whoa, I didn’t know that vultures, will, like, throw up on themselves if they’re threatened! That’s, like, a totally bitchin’ non-violent resistance move, yanno?” proclaimed a dreadlocked stoner in a tie-dye t-shirt.

Odin read the logo on his shirt. “I thought they retired,” he said, referring to the band.

“No way, Precious Metal has tried to retire five times now, but we won’t let them!” the guy proclaimed, throwing devil horns and howling at the sun overhead.

“Easy there, dude,” Odin said, with sarcastic emphasis.

“Sir, your curmudgeon is showing again,” Reina warned him.

“Have some Afternoon Delight!” Joyce insisted, handing him a bowl of creamy pudding topped with cherries, bananas and mini-marshmallows.

“You’ll have to excuse him, Joyce,” Reina said, “Detective Odin is allergic to fun.”

“You know, I think that guy might have drugs on him,” Odin said, trying to look official.

“Oh, kids today, you know?!” Joyce said, putting a flower crown on his head. She then bustled away to serve more hungry customers and Odin turned to Reina, miserable.

“Kill me now,” he said.

“Not even if you beg me,” Reina replied, helping herself to another petit four.

Oh YAY!!!!!! What a fabulous treat to wake up to!!!!

Mara, my label is making me giggle so hard! I posted in the PE ideas thread that I came across the notes and name for this in an old email draft and was mystified -- I have no memory of coming up with this idea. But clearly some corner of Blackcat's soul really needs it, so I asked the Potion Master to make it so! (And ever since ordering I keep getting that song stuck on my head!) Here is what I sent Mara:

Afternoon Delight
-- a summer cops cover! cocoa butter, coconut, cherry and whatever 4th note you think suits? (whipped cream/cucumber/banana/musk? :-P ) A happy slutty 70's suntan lotion vibe!

I don't know if it's OK to place reservations yet, but I know that if possible I'd love to get Tink's Vulture and the Egg!

Every single label and name is calling to me -- anyone else with their notes/descriptions?

ETA: Oh, and please could I get a sampler?!

Edited by Blackcat

OMG! THIS MADE MY DAY!!! I'M SO EXCITED!

I LOVE the label! Mine is Vulture and The Egg Potion.

Here's what I requested for ingredients: Meringue (Representing Egg), Salt Water, Yucca (or Cactus), Smoke or Ozone, which ever one made more sense.

My idea is a Healing and Regeneration Potion inspired by my trip to Death Valley and staying at this tiny place right by Death Valley called Tecopa. They have natural mineral springs there. It was an incredible experience for me. It was a healing and regeneration/transformation type of experience.

The Egg is very symbolic for birth, rebirth and so much more. There is a lot of symbolism for the Egg that I don't have time to go into. For me personally it represents this inner light within.

Vulture is an incredible bird. When I was leaving Death Valley I saw a tree filled with vultures. It made such an impact on me that I started to research vultures. They are amazing. They are peaceful creatures who cleanse the world of death, decay, etc. They represent regeneration. I learned they never kill anything and if attacked, one of their defenses is to vomit on themselves in order to get away.

I cannot wait to see the final ingredients AND to smell and wear this one! YAY! HAPPY DAY!

Wow! Can I get a sampler, please??

blackcat, that sounds like a perfect summer scent! I can't wait to try it!

tink, that is such a cool idea! I want to read up on vultures now, lol. I can't wait to try yours, too!

Vulture and the Egg. Okay hahaha! I love that name! :lol:

OMG! THIS MADE MY DAY!!! I'M SO EXCITED!

I LOVE the label! Mine is Vulture and The Egg Potion.

Here's what I requested for ingredients: Meringue (Representing Egg), Salt Water, Yucca (or Cactus), Smoke or Ozone, which ever one made more sense.

My idea is a Healing and Regeneration Potion inspired by my trip to Death Valley and staying at this tiny place right by Death Valley called Tecopa. They have natural mineral springs there. It was an incredible experience for me. It was a healing and regeneration/transformation type of experience.

The Egg is very symbolic for birth, rebirth and so much more. There is a lot of symbolism for the Egg that I don't have time to go into. For me personally it represents this inner light within.

Vulture is an incredible bird. When I was leaving Death Valley I saw a tree filled with vultures. It made such an impact on me that I started to research vultures. They are amazing. They are peaceful creatures who cleanse the world of death, decay, etc. They represent regeneration. I learned they never kill anything and if attacked, one of their defenses is to vomit on themselves in order to get away.

I cannot wait to see the final ingredients AND to smell and wear this one! YAY! HAPPY DAY!

Tink! That sounds AMAZING!!!!! I had no idea vultures were so cool, what a wonderful totem for you!

I already knew that I wanted this, but now that I hear the notes, yes, yes, yes, it must be mine. :purr: Pending approval of course!

Tink! That sounds AMAZING!!!!! I had no idea vultures were so cool, what a wonderful totem for you!

I already knew that I wanted this, but now that I hear the notes, yes, yes, yes, it must be mine. :purr: Pending approval of course!

There is so much more out there about vultures. Apparently, if vulture enters your life as a totem or animal spirit guide, then vulture will always be with you. Very cool! I feel like I need to add more because I just took the regeneration part. What I've read is vulture symbolizes death and rebirth, soulful cleansing, reaching a higher spiritual place. This is just a small amount of what I've read. I have time to really learn about them since now Vulture is one of my permanent totems. :)

Yours sounds awesome and now that song is stuck in my head! LOL!

I can't wait to hear about the rest of these too. ?

Edited by tink333

BALLS! BALLS! BALLS!
Melon balls, that is! This month's crazy concoction featured rum soaked balls of honeydew, cantaloupe and watermelon, sliced limes and spearmint leaves floating in a sea of lemonade, pineapple and orange juices. The magic in the potion courtesy of Midori, vodka, and light & dark rums.Yums! We served up 10 gallons this evening!

I'm telling you, people could not get enough of my balls tonight. At the end of the party, the punch completely gone, and an hour past closing time, half a dozen people remained and were stabbing the last few balls in the bowl with toothpicks and gobbling them up.

13139021_1040737545993205_79634026255906

I'm telling you, people could not get enough of my balls tonight.

I read this and just about spit my coffee across the keyboard. YOU ARE THE AWESOMEST. That is all. :-)

And dang it! How I wish I could get to these parties!

I wish I was close enough too! Chelle8422 have talked about taking a trip there and trying to time it right so we can make one of the parties. It would be so much fun! I should make a "Trip to LPMP" Vision Board and add pics of these punches. ?

I thought the BALLS BALLS BALLS was another PE you were describing :)))

Assuming Petit 4.2 is a virgin PFYT rebrew or similar, I would like to reserve one please and thank you.

Edited by tyvey

LOL, when I asked you for a melon LP variant maybe we should have called it Love Potion: Melon Balling. :lol:

That punch must have potent though, all that rum, whoo-wee!

I was thinking that punch would make a good perfume! We ought to have a Punch Drunk month! Mara could perfume-ize all her party punches!!! The label pics are already done! Hee!!! Oh, Maaaarrrrraaaaaaa... B)

Punch Drunk: Balls

Punch Drunk: Stars

Punch Drunk: Lovin' Libation (alternate version...Punch Drunk: Hairballs) *ducks and runs*

~will stop backing up through the party pics now~

Edited by ElizabethOSP

OMG! OMG! OMG! I'M SO EXCITED! Thanks for posting the notes!!! I don't usually hope for a Sunday to go fast but I cannot wait to get my PE! I'm so excited I feel like dancing. ?

oh, that gorgeous starfruit punch that looked like a Van Gogh....sigh, imaginary slurp. And these balls did look succulent

YAY I will keep my petit 4.2 reservation, thank you!

Oh my goodness, PM, I literally squeed out loud when I saw the Me Jane reference! I am SO excited to get this!

And now that I have seen the notes for Vulture I know more than ever that it must be mine, so yes please I am confirming my reservation!

All the notes look amazing. Dark Wishes especially -- I can't imagine how that might smell, and I am so excited to get my sampler and find out.

Oh these ALL look beautiful. Wow!

May I please get 1 Blackcat's Afternoon Delight w/ Copulins

:)