Petit 4.2

Beccah

AD-PE-Petit42.jpg

Yep, Tyvey guessed right! Cassandra asked for something similar to Petit Four Your Thoughts, and I got close, but no where near exact, as every ingredient besides the original vanilla had to be replaced with newer sources, but the feel is still there and fans of the old should enjoy the new as well!

Ingredients: Vanilla, raspberry, almond, pistachio, coconut cream, and a dash of amber in the base.

Without comparing it to the original (I'd have to dig out my trial vial from wherever it is), this does remind me of it, so I'd say that's good enough, lol. There's a really strong cherry-almond topnote and then it's nice and sugary in a frosting kind of way.

I don't have the original anymore I don't think.... This one is pretty good. To me, it smells very pistachio heavy. Like pistachio ice cream with a light berry sugar. Very sweet and yummy smelling. It's strong too. But... It could be my overly sensitive pregnant nose. I did a normal swipe and I was blown away with creamy pistachio and berries. I'm wearing just a small dot next time.

I was waiting to see what you foody ladies had to say about this. I loved the scent of the original. It's strong. But, that's good because BI is like a cleaver to my head if I wear too much.

I usually can't do raspberry, I amp it.

Overall it sounds a though the scent is not quite as strong and I find that Hearts gets a good dose of pastishio encouraging. I came so close to getting a bottle (because of my BI issues).

Overal do you guys find this to have strong throw or is it more subtle in general?

Throw was crazy strong... But like I said, my nose has been so sensitive since I'm pregnant again. I can even melt wax at home lately. So I'm probably not the best person to say :)

• 1 year later...

I'm thinking about getting a bottle of this, but it sounds like the almond fades into the background after the initial blast, and then it's mostly pistachio (with a bit of berry)? I was hoping for a more almond-heavy scent, but if its presence is still detectable later on, around the pistachio, I might still be interested in this.

• 2 months later...

This manages to stay mostly like a creamy almond berry on me, which was my hope. I've never tried Petit Four Your Thoughts so I can't compare this to that. So for me, this recalls Determination Potion w Mega Watt, but without the coffee note (or the phero)--and I had been thinking that it would be nice to have a non-phero, non-coffee version of that scent, so I'm very pleased with this. :)

Edited by Witty Kitty