Sweet Joyce

Beccah

AD-PE-SweetJoyce.jpg

Sweet Joyce has a sweet family too - her hubby and daughter came into the shop to commission a birthday gift for her, and their request was to make mom smell good enough to eat! They decided on thick cake batter style vanilla and a load of brown sugar, with tiny accents of pecan and cinnamon, and a sweet amber in the base. Definitely yummerific!

This is really yummy...maybe a bit like tyvey's Coffee Cake? But if you like Mara's Rocket Fuel, for example, then you would like this too; it's blended so well, not too spicy on me (which is always a worry) and the vanilla is creamy but doesn't dominate.

Like Luna mentioned, this one really reminds me of Rocket Fuel. Rocket Fuel Lite. It's not super spicy, I get a sweet pecan with a creamy brown sugar. Dry down isn't as foodie as you would think. I can pick up on the amber the longer it wears.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

After reading the description of Sweet Joyce, I was wary because I thought it was going to be CAAAAAAAAAKE. I ended up getting it as part of a threebie package. I was pleased to discover that while it was cake, it wasn't  CAAAAAAAAAKE. I think I was mostly afraid of it being far too sweet in a cloying, sickening, tooth achingly way. I needn't have feared, though. It's a  controlled sweetness that isn't overpowering.

Wet, it is all cake (but not CAAAAAAAAAKE.) As it dries down, the spices develop. It's very reminiscent of a coffee cake. To me, it's a bit like Warm and Toasty, but a cake version.