Tink's Vulture & the Egg

Beccah

AD-PE-VultureEgg.jpg

Tink is calling up some serious vulture medicine with this crafty potion! She envisioned a potion for cleansing and transformation, with a "light, salty, cleansing" vibe. I used three kinds of cactus accords, an ozone-y sea salt note, some meringue to evoke the egg in question, and just a tiny smidge of powdered sugar and sweet sandalwood to add a desert sand feel. One of the most unique ideas I have been presented with. Very nice!

I got my bottles today. YAY! I have to say it's such a very cool experience to open up an LPMP package and pull out your very own PE. It was a definite warm fuzzy moment!

When I opened the bottle, I could smell cactus and the cactus was very forward on my skin at first. (I don't think I shook the bottle though.) I could detect the ozone sea salt water as well. I could almost taste the salt. This is something I wanted because of how salty and alkaline the desert was were I was staying. Also, Death Valley is salty and alkaline too. After about a half hour or so the cactus backed off a bit and the sandlewood came out more and dried out the scent as a whole, if that makes sense. It has this touch of sweet to it too. The saltiness is still present.

Now, it's dried down a lot and it's this mellow salty desert scent. All I can really say now is that I am in awe of how much this reminds me of my trip to Death Valley. My skin smells almost exactly like what it smelled like being in the hot mineral spring baths. It's so beautiful!!! It's so unique! It's so much better than I could have ever imagined! What an incredible experience! Thank you so much for doing the magic that you do Mara! ❤❤❤

I know I'll have more to say about this later...

Edited by tink333

This one just sounds so intriguing! I was waiting to see your review! I love Mara's "atmospheric" scents. They're the next best thing to physically being in a place. :) I'm glad you're loving it!

Oh, Tink, it sounds incredible! I am so happy that your first PE experience has already turned out so well.... and I am so excited to get my bottle of this (stupid waiting to get paid on Friday!)!

Eggers, you are so right about Mara's atmospheric scents. She really just takes you there!

I shook the bottle this morning before applying. It started out much more balanced and not with so much cactus (and possibly the ozone sea water accord). I should know better by now to ALWAYS shake the bottles!

I've huffed my wrists so many times today! I don't know how it's possible to capture salty mineral springs baths in a desert in a bottle but this is pretty much it. It's dry desert and salty water with some cactus in a light slightly sweet swirl. It's a light scent. I think it's fairly unisex but maybe leans a little towards feminine because of the sweetness but I don't think I'm the best judge of that.

Eggers, I hope you get a chance to try this! (Not sure if you ordered the tiny sampler set or not.) And Blackcat, I cannot wait for you to try it! I am excited to what others think of it.

Edited by tink333

Sounds great!! Mara always does a great job with fragrances like this. I was wondering what it was going to smell like.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, some serious woo with this potion!

First off, let me say that I have little to no acquaintance with the desert. I am a New England girl (raised, if not born) and my nature is greens and woods and mountains and rivers. But when I saw the transformative nature of this one I knew I had to try it, and I'm so glad I did! I do not know how Mara achieves it, but it is beautifully salt and sand (I would not have recognized the ozone note as such, so individual is its rendering).

When this goes on, it has a damp, almost creamy vibe, but very quickly in the dry down it gets dry and gives off an impression of heat that is really startling. In the longer drydown, the sandalwood starts to peek out and make itself recognizable as sandalwood, but overall, I get the impression of sand and shimmering heat.... but maybe a night time sand, releasing the heat of the day into a black sky papered with stars? Space and wind and creatures out there in the darkness. Some serious mojo here, Tink! I'm so glad you had it made!

OK, some serious woo with this potion!

First off, let me say that I have little to no acquaintance with the desert. I am a New England girl (raised, if not born) and my nature is greens and woods and mountains and rivers. But when I saw the transformative nature of this one I knew I had to try it, and I'm so glad I did! I do not know how Mara achieves it, but it is beautifully salt and sand (I would not have recognized the ozone note as such, so individual is its rendering).

When this goes on, it has a damp, almost creamy vibe, but very quickly in the dry down it gets dry and gives off an impression of heat that is really startling. In the longer drydown, the sandalwood starts to peek out and make itself recognizable as sandalwood, but overall, I get the impression of sand and shimmering heat.... but maybe a night time sand, releasing the heat of the day into a black sky papered with stars? Space and wind and creatures out there in the darkness. Some serious mojo here, Tink! I'm so glad you had it made!

Okay, this is crazy to me because I don't think I've written this part anywhere in the forum. Maybe I did but I can't find it. I did, however, write this as part of my description to Mara for this potion.

One of the best experiences for me at this place in the desert was each night we went to these private natural mineral spring hot tubs. They were outside and were basically large hot tubs in the ground but filled with only the hot natural spring water. I spent my whole time floating and staring up at the stars! The giant desert sky is so beautiful! I saw so many shooting stars and at one point I swear I saw some UFO thing going several different directions. Who knows what I really saw. My point is that this was the part of my trip that was the most cleansing and transformative. Somehow you picked that out of this potion and described it! Amazing!!! Thank for this review!

Also, I've been wearing this often. I have no idea if this is related or not but it seems to be. Whenever I'm wearing it I want to clean, cleanse, purge, and declutter everything! I'm okay with that! LOL!

Well yeah, salt is for cleansing, after all.

I miss the desert night sky; where I used to live we could see the Milky Way every night. What I love about Death Valley is that it imbues you with an entirely different perspective - the vastness of it is both terrifying and liberating. You can't bullshit your way out of a sacred space like that. It is one of my most favorite places on Earth.

Well yeah, salt is for cleansing, after all.

I miss the desert night sky; where I used to live we could see the Milky Way every night. What I love about Death Valley is that it imbues you with an entirely different perspective - the vastness of it is both terrifying and liberating. You can't bullshit your way out of a sacred space like that. It is one of my most favorite places on Earth.

Luna, I couldn't agree with you more about Death Valley. I can't wait to go back! I think about it almost every day.

• 2 weeks later...

I wear this a lot and I love it more and more each day. It's aging beautifully. It's turning into this beautiful and exotic perfume from some faraway land. In fact, I'm pretty sure this is what the characters, Katharine Clifton and Count Laszlo de Almasy wore in The English Patient. When I wear this, I'd like to think I'm as elegant as both Kristin Scott Thomas and Ralph Fiennes, however, my constant tripping and overall clumsiness bring me back to reality pretty fast. LOL!

• 1 month later...

Have to pop back on here and say I've been wearing this a lot and it is seriously my favorite late summer scent EVER. It's settled beautifully in just a short time and I like it better every time I wear it. It's a sleek sandy scent with a lick of salt and it manages both to be a very powerful nature scent while also having serious sophisticated perfume chops. It's like a gorgeous resort where you have totally luxe accommodations in an absolutely spectacular natural setting. I am also about to embark on some big changes (renovation, here I come!) and the mojo feels very right for me.

Tink, thanks again for having this made!

Have to pop back on here and say I've been wearing this a lot and it is seriously my favorite late summer scent EVER. It's settled beautifully in just a short time and I like it better every time I wear it. It's a sleek sandy scent with a lick of salt and it manages both to be a very powerful nature scent while also having serious sophisticated perfume chops. It's like a gorgeous resort where you have totally luxe accommodations in an absolutely spectacular natural setting. I am also about to embark on some big changes (renovation, here I come!) and the mojo feels very right for me.

Tink, thanks again for having this made!

OMG! This seriously just made my day!!! ❤❤❤

I'm so happy that you got a bottle of this and love it like I do! YAY! It's such just a beautiful perfume but just so much more. I think it will be fantastic to wear while renovating. Good luck with all the renovations, BTW!

I tend to wear this a lot at night these days. I use it for cleansing whatever I may be carrying on me from my day. I also used it to try to help with getting rid of a virus. I swear it helped. It, at the very least, comforted me which is positive!

❤❤❤

Oh, Tink, it's wonderful! Also, last night, after I had been wearing Vulture for a while and it was settled (but not gone) I added some Persephone Potion for the night and wow! So much power I could barely sleep!

So this is the kind of place Vulture brings to mind (not sure if this link will show what I want it to, but let's try):

https://www.londolozi.com/en/accommodation/tree-camp/

ETA: OK, it doesn't take you to the picture I wanted, but if you click on the Gallery and scroll through, you'll get an idea!

Oh, and thanks for good wishes on the renovation. At the moment, I seriously don't know how I'm going to manage it -- ideally I need to find someplace else to live for 3 months. With two cats and a dog. I need to seriously sweet talk my parents, who are really the only option, but I know that all of us find our relationship works best when we have houses on opposite sides of town! So I'm going to wear various Mara potions and trust the magic will carry me through. :-)

Edited by Blackcat

BC, that place looks AMAZING! I would love to stay at a place like that. I will now have these images in my head too! It's beautiful.

I HAVE TO TRY VULTURE AND PERSEPHONE POTION!!! I think I need that combo.

And, good luck with your extended stay at your parents! With Mara's potions and knowing it's only 3 months (fingers crossed!) it should be easy to manage, right? ?

• 2 weeks later...

TInk! Just saw on the other thread you are reading the Martha Beck book... this is the place she is describing! I so want to go to there some day...

And I'm reaching for Vulture all the time these days. With a Persephone boost at night. So amazing! Should be able to carry me through 3 months living as adult child in no time. :-)

I had NO IDEA this was the same place! So very cool! I was going to google it too, to check it out, but I've already seen it. ?.

I still need to try Vulture and Persephone together. I almost did last night because I was wearing Vulture already but then I grabbed Road Opener instead.

• 4 weeks later...

Blackcat - Vulture and Persephone as a combo are AMAZING together! I'm wearing them today and I love it. They are so powerful together. I tried it before but only right before I went to bed. Wearing them during the day together has made me feel the full effects of the combo PLUS the smell is to die for. I need this cleansing from Vulture with the strength of Persephone and with the protection from both. I wonder what would happen if adding Grimoire to the mix.

OMG I just found my bottle of Grimoire the other day! I want to try this but I am little frightened that it will unleash Power beyond Powers! :-)

And you're right, the combo of sand and heat, and then earth and fire and juicy pomegranate..... MMMMMMMMMMM.

Thinking about your seasons thread in your journal -- Vulture seems a high summer potion to me and Persephone a fall potion, so what better time than to invoke both those aspects?

Have you decided when you're going to your Heron PE?

OMG I just found my bottle of Grimoire the other day! I want to try this but I am little frightened that it will unleash Power beyond Powers! :-)

And you're right, the combo of sand and heat, and then earth and fire and juicy pomegranate..... MMMMMMMMMMM.

Thinking about your seasons thread in your journal -- Vulture seems a high summer potion to me and Persephone a fall potion, so what better time than to invoke both those aspects?

Hum, I don't think it could be more powerful than Persephones Potion or Inviting Aphrodite.

I really wish I had grabbed a bottle of "Vulture" it sounds amazing.

Edited by StacyK

I was thinking the same thing! All three together could be way too much to handle. For some reason though I feel like it could help with reading and doing the activities in Finding Your Way in a Wild New World. I don't know that I'm prepared to try it.

And, I wanted to place an order for my Blue Heron PE at the end of this month but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to swing it. Budget constraints. Hopefully soon though and I will let you know so you can be on the lookout for it! Maybe when I can, I'll place an order for two PEs at once.

Hum, I don't think it could be more powerful than Persephones Potion or Inviting Aphrodite.

I really wish I had grabbed a bottle of "Vulture" it sounds amazing.

Wish you could have tried this too. It's pretty unique but man it's got some major power all thanks to Mara. The long dry down is the best because your skin has this sandy desert scent to it and it's just fantastic. It's very good for cleansing away negativity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

This continues to be such a beautiful and powerful potion. I think it's only getting better! I've been working on a lot of cleansing and transformative meditations and such and today I'm exhausted and wiped out from it all. I grabbed this to wear and it's helping me ease through this day while continuing to release energies. It brings me to my Great Blue Heron PE that I still have yet to order! I've seen at least one every single day so far this year (starting in spring). I need to get working on that PE!

Anyway, I think I get more of the meringue now and possibly more sugar. It's a touch sweeter yet still very salty. I love how this is aging.

Edited by tink333

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, Eastwood22 said:

Oooooooooohhhhh. I like this. I have a little sniffle, although I think my man just took it from me for his own.

YAY! I am glad you both really like it!

I use this mostly for clearing and cleansing, especially on days like today, a full moon. After wearing this all day, I will be better prepared for later when I complete whatever type of full moon ritual I end up completing. It is great to wear at night, after a long day of low vibes because it cleanses while you sleep. I use it prior to some meditations and activations I do as well, especially if I know they are going to be pretty intense and I am trying to clear away things. I cannot even express how much I love this one.