Ocean Mist

Beccah

AD-OceanMist_1.jpg

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
LIME ~ Healing, love, protection.
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; chastity, protection.
SALT ~ protection, purification, grounding, feminine energy. Resurrection, baptism.

I was really intrigued by this one because of the lime - it's a very intense lime heartnote, but it's not overly-sweet, although it may smell sweet in the vial. But once you put it on I predict it will become more tangy, as it did on me. The mix of the salt and musk is really interesting too, it makes me think of Thane. The blend of these elements does invoke a misty day at the beach, there is a bracing quality to it but it also leans towards a traditional male aura. I think perhaps most will find it more masculine, but I like it because it is so evocative.

• 2 weeks later...

I have mentioned in other reviews that coconut explodes on my skin and it does here too. It has to dry down quite a while for the coconut to die down on my skin but once it does, Luna's description is pretty much dead on. I really do like the mix of the lime, musk and salt. It is masculine and pretty bracing as Luna mentions. The only thing different on my skin is that while I cannot smell the pineapple, I do get a hint of the sweetness of the pineapple. The sweetness is not strong at all, perhaps just enough to keep the lime, musk and salt from perhaps being too much.

Interestingly enough, this is also quite a different ocean scent from Atlantic shore another fragrance in this month's collection. Both are very evocative of a walk along the ocean, but in very different directions. Like Luna says above, it gives off a more traditional male vibe - perhaps because of the lime. It really does remind me of a day at the ocean. If you said masculine, bracing, & ocean, then this would be what you would get. It is hard to describe the difference - just get a sample of both and you will see what I mean.

If you like the clean scent and feeling of the ocean, with what would be on everyone else just a hint of coconut, then this is definitely worth a try!

Edited by quietguy

I was intrigued by this one because of the salt and coconut combo. I also liked the idea of the name, Ocean Mist, and the possibility of smelling like ocean mist.

The first time I wore this, it was very bright, salty, and refreshing. The musk in it seemed to amp a bit on me but I think the salt kept it at bay. The coconut is is is mellow. I think it adds the the freshness, especially when combined with the lime. I am not sure I can make out the pineapple either. It has a cooling effect, which I think is the misty effect. I really like this one. I guess I would maybe say it leans much more masculine than feminine. I wish I could explain it better. It's just really good. I kept huffing my wrists. I would constantly huff my man if he wore it.

Edited by tink333

I wore this one yesterday- now that I'm looking at the notes, the only one that didn't stand out to me was the pineapple. I really like this one, it wore very fresh, a little salty... It was more on the masculine side but very clean smelling. It reminds me of a commercial scent... CK One maybe?

• 4 weeks later...

This is, IMO, the most perfect ocean air scent ever. Absolutely freaking perfect. My family used to rent a house on the beach every summer when I was growing up, and this takes me back to the smell wafting in on the breeze through the open windows, that incomparable salty fresh air. The pineapple and coconut remind me of the kids sunblock I was always slathered in from head to toe all summer long (without actually smelling like sunblock at all, so I'm not sure what sorcery is behind this one!) I do get the lime but I'm not getting hit over the head with it like I expected. Overall I'm just awed. I pretty much bathed in it today because I love it so much and got a random compliment out of the blue on how good I smell, but the person complimenting me couldn't figure out what I smelled like, just "really good, what IS that?" LOL!

• 1 month later...

I really like the tropical beachy vibe of Ocean Mist. I find the salt balances the sweetness of the tropical notes, taking the fragrance into unisex territory. I love how you can almost feel the fine mist of the ocean spraying the skin.