Am I OD-ing on Pheromones or just a specific blend?

Hello all, I have a question. I wear a blend that has LFM in it almost every day for work because I'm in a senior position and I find that it gives me the respect feel & reaction that I like. I also wear it sometimes on weekend when going around women who try to look their noses down at me. Here's the thing. I am finding that the more I wear it, the more bitchy I become and kinda irritable. I can become upset quicker, but I do like the reaction that people have to me while I'm wearing it. I don't feel this way (bitchy) wearing Cougar, Cuddle Bunny (blend), Open Windows, nor Gotcha. Should I take a break from LFM? Maybe wear the Open Windows to work?

I'd take a break from it, yes, and try to rotate blends more often. I don't know if I'd call it "ODing" per se, but I've noticed the same thing once or twice myself when I've worn a blend too many times in a row. You certainly don't want to get to the point where you just plain can't wear it anymore. That would suck!

I think Open Windows is the greatest all-around blend, ever. If you have it, I think it would be a good choice for work. I'm sure I work in a totally different environment than you, but I've always noticed that people seem to feel very at ease when I'm serving them - like, they have confidence that I'll take care of everything for them, (which is my job), and they can just relax. So it may have, if not an element of respect, at least it lends a sense of total competence.

For women who look down their noses at you, I'd suggest Pop Potion, SS4W or even Audacious, (because it kinda makes YOU feel kick-ass, and f*ck them - who cares what they think anyway?) Hell, I might be tempted to Leather their asses. Because really, f*ck that noise. I hate those chicks. ;)

It's fun when you first get into pheros. So many nuanced blends to try, so little time. :)

It's always great to take a phero break. IMO, It does sound like you need one.

I love LFM too. It's great for the purpose you describe. It's not just LFM, I find I can't wear pheros everyday and I go thru phases of wearing more or less. But, I like to take a day or 2 off period (at least). Then go back, maybe follow your idea starting back with OW. Your LFM enhanced impression will stay intact. I'm more sensitive to some blends than others. Most of us are.

Also, your cycle can also have an effect, just FYI. Lots of stuff you can only learn while doing when you're new to pheros. After sometime you'll know how & when things work best for you.

In this case I'd take a day off. That's probably what you need.

Edited by StacyK

Thank you Eggers and StacyK. I took a break from the LFM today and felt more like myself...way less bitchy LOL. I chose a blend with Open Windows and it was a HIT as usual. I think I'm going to stick with OW for the next few workdays. On the weekends I like Cougar or Pop Potion if I wear anything (Pheros), unless I'm with my Honey Love (then it's Gotcha or CB). I also do think my cycle is effecting things. But the OW helped me to feel less irritable even though I should be more PMSy :say19::nope02716:

Now I ordered a sample of the PE Dominance...I hope I won't tear someone's head off!! :Emoticons04269: Yikes! I may wait to try that one for a little bit

Have you tried Heart & Soul with your partner? If he's an EST guy, you might really enjoy it.

I'm glad the OW works well for you on the job. It's my favourite blend; it's just so freakin' useful!

As for the Dominance - I personally find that the week after my period is the best time to wear -enone blends - LFN, Sexpionage, Leather, BI & Dom. I might be able to stretch it to 10 days afterwards. But any later than that, and I'm bound to rip heads from shoulders and eat them.

Balm Bomb is freaking amazeballs for PMS-y symptoms. It's saved many a life since I started using it monthly. *Especially* at work. My moods around that time are a little less erratic when I use Balm Bomb. Without it, I'm bawling my eyes out over something stupid one moment, and ready to pull someone's eyeballs from their sockets the next, and in the very next I might be laughing maniacally AND crying at the same time. Balm Bomb makes me feel less psycho. It also really does make people behave more nicely to me, so it pretty much does what it says on the bottle.

• 3 weeks later...

It just happened to me again with LFM...its official, I cant wear this blend. This makes me really sad too as I liked the effect on other people. This never gave me any selfies except for a headache and to feel b*tchy. Today I felt enraged, spaced out and like crying at the same time. I hadn't worn the LFM blend since I posted this topic. I wish I could figure out what is in the blend that is not sitting well with me. I don't even feel that way with Dominance...hmmmm???

I wonder if its the Androstadienone? That's the only ingredient that is in this blend that is not in any of my other ones. This is the only blend that makes me feel like I'm on edge. I'm ok until I run into a challenge, then I want to rip someone's head off then cry...And Im usually the type to not sweat the small stuff.

Have you tried B2.2, Teddy Man, Balm Bomb, Perfect Match? Those all contain much higher doses of a1. The amount in LFM is pretty small. The spacy feeling almost certainly comes from the TH-DOC. It does that to lots of people. Also it can just be from the particular combination of molecules at this exact ratio. It doesn't always mean that you can't wear a certain molecule, just that this exact blend doesn't agree with you. There is just so much testing that needs to be done with pheros. I'm sorry that this one doesn't work for you.

It could also just be the mix of the specific one. When I first started experimenting with pheros, I tried to pinpoint the ingredient that was causing negative reactions but then realized I could use other pheromone blends with said ingredient. Sometime you might have to find your sweet spot with the phero blend too. I'm no expert though and I've only used a handful of them but I figured out that for me it wasn't necessarily the one ingredient. Maybe set this one down for a bit and try a different one or few and then come back to it to see how it works.

ETA: we just posted almost at the same time, Halo! LOL! And now I feel like I might know a little about what I'm saying.

Edited by tink333

I think I may be like you LadyVictoria. I certainly do get PMS, I think I may only be able to wear this blend at certain times. But I am setting it down for a couple of months. I had set it down for 3 weeks before, but I think I won't revisit this blend until the fall :nope02716: ...its too bad.

I hear you Halo & Tink...as for the question about the other blends with A1, I'm a newbie and I have not tried them yet. Ironically the molecules that are the most agreeable with me are EST, Bnol, Anol and Beta-Anol. Oh and copulins (but I guess that's not a molecule).

• 2 weeks later...

I know I can't wear LFN when I'm in a grumpy/irritable mood, whether it's because of PMS or otherwise. Once I did it before taking a walk, and I felt ready to punch anyone who looked at me funny. Went home really quick because it really amped my anger. Probably has to do with the nones.

I know I can't wear LFN when I'm in a grumpy/irritable mood, whether it's because of PMS or otherwise. Once I did it before taking a walk, and I felt ready to punch anyone who looked at me funny. Went home really quick because it really amped my anger. Probably has to do with the nones.

LFN is LFM with 'enone Which turns it into something a little different from LFM. I really think checking out the "Reading Room" @ The Perfumerie might help here.

Check out the individual molecules listed & info from studies on them here..

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/reading_room/articles/PheroWiki

Flower Power, I really think you need a couple of phero free days. Drink lots of water, etc. Then choose a blend to start back with. Write down the amounts you apply. You may be wearing more than you think. It really helps.

As far as LFM, for me, it's a heavy hitter. My first LFM try out was in an enhanced scent. So 1/3 rd the full strength in a congruent scent in oil. I got hits & selifies. This is how I learned fairly quickly that cosmetic pheromones really do work.

BTW. I can't really wear any blend when I'm on my period and sometimes during PMS even Balm Bomb isn't good. I just feel exhausted. Also, you know not to wear pheros at all when you are sick, right? Just FYI.

Anyways, LFM may or may not be for you. Time will tell. There are blends here that I can't wear or some I wear in extremely small, often only 1/3 enhanced strength scents. I also know it's a chance I'm taking. It just takes time. Read up on that link above tho.

My advice, as stated above, take a total break. Put LFM on the shelf for a little vacation. I took a break from a blend (Treasured Hearts) for 2 months. Then later came back and carefully noted dosages, starting out very small. I went through a whole Holliday season just trying TH & H&S with little breaks in between. It was fun & well worth it,

After a clean break, try out other blends, note your dosages. It just takes some time to get a clear view of results. Soon enough you'll know what works, how much, when & wear etc. :)

Edited by StacyK

Stacy is right, a lot is in the dosage. I take a few days off from pheros all the time, and when I start again, I sometimes tend to overdose, putting them on like regular perfume. Today, I had a few spritzes (too many) of Stone Cougar, and went on an emotional roller coaster. I was elated at first, then irritated, then in tears. I was so unstable I closed my office door and tried to have minimal contact with people. Felt better after a shower at home.