JULY - Party at the Perfumerie!

Our July First Friday Party happens tonight, and I wanted to share...

13567384_1073202689399912_30814096398965 Yes, that's a cat head on the Statue of Liberty. She's yelling, PARTAY! :lol:

I made a Limited Ed just for July 4th called Betsy's Apple (named after the fictional creator of our flag, lol.) - crafted of red and green apples and sweetened with cotton candy and berry sugars, with a splash of tart lemon on top and a dollop of amber in the base. It's a fresh and fun summer candy apple scent. Yummy! I made perfume, soap and scrubs out of it, and the first 100 people who come to the party will get a large sample of each in their goody bags.

13578983_1071670616233231_39958790_n.jpg

I made the scrubs in Red White & Blue! ($10.00) The soaps are really awesome too...glycerin soap with added shea butter and they are so CREAMY feeling. Love! ($6.50 per bar)

13516385_1072883219431859_32948278107228

The other big news is the debut of BRIGID - our Celtic Goddess from our masthead has come to life! Kinda. She is a full sized Gypsy Fortune Telling Machine. She speaks with an Irish accent and shares her wisdom and gives you a fortune card, all for a dollar. :D

13507219_1072300789503547_20786900060943

I am attempting a red, white and blue concoction as the Cauldron Punch of the Month tonight, I will post pix and a recipe later. Come on down if you can, it's gonna be a great night! :)

Wow. I know someplace you should open a second store haha! :D

Yes, I remember you said you were going to get her a different wig.
Oh cool! I guess I memorized that particular speech because I was saying it along with her. :lol:

I do not have much left of Betsy's Apple, so the bottles I will include with the PEs this month, and the trials are in goody bags along with scrub and soap samples, so how about let's do some kind of giveaway for those? I think I have a dozen left, I will count them in the morning and let you know.

So, the PUNCH. ::sigh:: I made a serious miscalculation when it came to the color. I wanted it to be blue like the Nebula punch, but I added blackberries along with my blueberries, not realizing they pack a wallop in the colorant department, and they turned my punch from blue to PURPLE!!! It still tasted amazing of course, and the fruit still came across as red white and blue, but the punch itself was definitely a deep indigo. Many raves - never had anything like this! amazing! delicious! But trust me, no blackberries next time.

13521856_1072885249445101_53595838468544

Recipe: Lemonade and Blue Curaceau (which tastes like oranges but turns everything blue) and for the fruit colors - strawberries, apple slices, and blueberries. In fact, if you make your punch blue, just forget the blue fruit and use only strawberries and apple slices for the red and the white. That would have been the wiser choice for me. See how much prettier it looks in the virgin version below. And then of course, add the MAGIC of your choice. My choice is RUM, rum, rum and more rum, and then some vodka on top. lol

Here's the virgin version...just strawberries in lemonade, with Blue Curaceau non alcoholic syrup for color and a sweet orange-y zing.

13516596_1072885876111705_32180530950775

Well, Brigid surprised us tonight! She did something she's not done before....usually she gives out fortune cards with long fortunes in tiny type, but tonight, she gave someone THIS! Just like in the movie, BIG! :o It was an old feller who got the card, maybe tomorrow he will wake up 12 years old again.

13592333_1072959652770994_23343961719531

ok ok, I have an idea for the giveaway. If you want to be in the running for a Betsy's Apple goody bag, post an image or meme that is appropriate for the holiday. (If you need help posting one, let us know.) Then we'll number all the entries and Halo's kids can pick the winners out of a hat. Or if they are busy, I'll make origami toys out of them and let my cats pick them. ok?

13512109_1071130409620585_88900824010902

First, I thought your indigo punch was beautiful. It looked patriotic to me, the exact colors I think of for 4th of July. :great:

Second, now I have to be creative to get a Betsy's Apple? :Emoticons04287: How's that? :Emoticons04263:

Our old friend the Naughty Jester posted this on facebook about Brigid's surprise fortune.... :lol:

Uh-oh...that's how it always starts: "Oooo....ahhh! She's not supposed to do that...how awesome!" Then comes the running and the screaming...

Then you swear you saw Brigid looking at you...but that's impossible. Or...is it?

Then she spits out a fortune just for you...only you didn't ask for one. And she's not even plugged in.
"Thank you for shopping with the Delos Corporation. Our Advanced Robotics Division is here to streamline your life. And don't forget to visit our newest attraction: WESTWORLD. Where nothing can possibly go wrong."

So...you know that's Grumpycat Bonaparte, right?

BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS 137% MORE PATRIOTIC WITH A UNICORN.

scEivba.png

I do not have much left of Betsy's Apple, so the bottles I will include with the PEs this month, and the trials are in goody bags along with scrub and soap samples, so how about let's do some kind of giveaway for those? I think I have a dozen left, I will count them in the morning and let you know.

So, the PUNCH. ::sigh:: I made a serious miscalculation when it came to the color. I wanted it to be blue like the Nebula punch, but I added blackberries along with my blueberries, not realizing they pack a wallop in the colorant department, and they turned my punch from blue to PURPLE!!! It still tasted amazing of course, and the fruit still came across as red white and blue, but the punch itself was definitely a deep indigo. Many raves - never had anything like this! amazing! delicious! But trust me, no blackberries next time.

13521856_1072885249445101_53595838468544

Recipe: Lemonade and Blue Curaceau (which tastes like oranges but turns everything blue) and for the fruit colors - strawberries, apple slices, and blueberries. In fact, if you make your punch blue, just forget the blue fruit and use only strawberries and apple slices for the red and the white. That would have been the wiser choice for me. See how much prettier it looks in the virgin version below. And then of course, add the MAGIC of your choice. My choice is RUM, rum, rum and more rum, and then some vodka on top. lol

Here's the virgin version...just strawberries in lemonade, with Blue Curaceau non alcoholic syrup for color and a sweet orange-y zing.

13516596_1072885876111705_32180530950775

Well, Brigid surprised us tonight! She did something she's not done before....usually she gives out fortune cards with long fortunes in tiny type, but tonight, she gave someone THIS! Just like in the movie, BIG! :o It was an old feller who got the card, maybe tomorrow he will wake up 12 years old again.

13592333_1072959652770994_23343961719531

Mara. I really want to

make this. Can you remember the recipe? :D I mean measurements wise, how much of each component.

Edited by StacyK

Well, for my large punch bowl, I started with 2.5 gallons of Simply Lemonade - the pale yellow one.

Add the Blue Curacaeu until the color is where you want it, approx 2-3 ounces.

There's around 1.5 pounds of berries in there, and three medium sized sliced apples.

I used both light and dark rums, and clear vodka, around 8-12 ounces of each one. Heavier on the rum as it goes with sweet drinks best.

I used approx 2+ pounds of ice in the first round, and IMO it tastes better after the ice melts a little as it starts out pretty intense and sweet. But the melt dilutes the booze too, so I tend to top it up with a little more booze along the way. So in the end I probably use around 16 oz of each booze...maybe more. It's all to taste, you'll see. If you do it, PICTURES PLEASE! :D

13592392_10209941608525759_5303884781734

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13615452_10209941618446007_5797973812909453077_n.jpg?oh=42649eb3a4e39196414247ce1236a8ce&oe=57F1EEDB

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! This is Kiki, our feral cat that we were fostering...we couldn't bear to see her go so now she is a permanent member of our family!! I think she's gorgeous, but I am a little prejudice..;)

Edited by TheBirkeys

Kiki is so cute!!

Thanks Bella!! I think so too! We have been working with her for about a year now...the box she is in covers my window and it is almost level with the front porch..she likes to lay in it and watch the birds...it is her escape route when she feels stressed and she also still uses the bathroom outside(flower bed in front)...it took months before she would even enter into my apartment (baby steps), but now she owns the place and our 4 dogs..lol...I haven't had a cat since I was little so it's really neat having her.. hope your 4th is great! gearing up for the sale! :)

Mara, your punch sounds divine!! I so wish I could attend...:)

Well, for my large punch bowl, I started with 2.5 gallons of Simply Lemonade - the pale yellow one.

Add the Blue Curacaeu until the color is where you want it, approx 2-3 ounces.

There's around 1.5 pounds of berries in there, and three medium sized sliced apples.

I used both light and dark rums, and clear vodka, around 8-12 ounces of each one. Heavier on the rum as it goes with sweet drinks best.

I used approx 2+ pounds of ice in the first round, and IMO it tastes better after the ice melts a little as it starts out pretty intense and sweet. But the melt dilutes the booze too, so I tend to top it up with a little more booze along the way. So in the end I probably use around 16 oz of each booze...maybe more. It's all to taste, you'll see. If you do it, PICTURES PLEASE! :D

Thank you. I will. :)

My July 4th photo contribution is on my Instagram page @Sophies006

I can't post photos here. Thanks.