New Releases for SEPTEMBER 2016!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to disagree, I grew up in Pomona where the Los Angeles County Fair is held every year, and it's one of the best in the country. Bigger than the average carnival, but still part of that tradition, and it's awesome.

I grew up in a small town so the yearly carnival was the highlight of our summer. Even though the rides were small compared to today's theme parks' attractions, to us they were the best! During teenage years it was the place to meet friends and hang. It was finally discontinued a few years ago, but the memories the carnival left me are awesome! :)

Can't wait to try these NRs as I'm hoping to relive (is that spelled correctly?)some of those memories when I smell them!!

Edited by TheBirkeys

I grew up in a small town so the yearly carnival was the highlight of our summer. Even though the rides were small compared to today's theme parks' attractions, to us they were the best! During teenage years it was the place to meet friends and hang. It was finally discontinued a few years ago, but the memories the carnival left me are awesome! :)

How sad that it was discontinued! Why did they do that?

WHEN I WAS GROWING UP, THE WV STATE FAIR WAS THE MAIN ATTRACTION EACH YEAR, WAS IN MID AUGUST. PEOPLE FROM SURROUNDING STATES WOULD BRING THEIR RVS JUST TO ATTEND. HAD SOME PRETTY BIG NAME MUSIC ATTRACTIONS TOO.....THE FAIR IS ONE THING I MISS ABOUT WV......THE LAST TIME I WENT WAS THE YEAR I WAS PREGNANT WITH MY SON (AND HE WILL BE 18 IN DEC).

I WORKED ONE OF THE CONCESSION BOOTHS FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS......CRAZY SCHEDULE, BUT GOOD MONEY FOR ABOUT 10 DAYS OF WORK. I ONLY HAVE GOOD MEMORIES OF THE FAIR......GOT MY FIRST "REAL" KISS THERE......YEAH, SAPPY, I KNOW!

Is it sad that I am obsessively checking to see if the new releases are up to be ordered?

How sad that it was discontinued! Why did they do that?

I think the insurance got so high that it was hard to make a profit...there were still lots of people that came...it was sad because there isn't a lot to do here..the only other thing we have in our town is the Minnesota Twins single A farm club...

I also keep hitting refresh..lol ;)

I'd have to disagree, I grew up in Pomona where the Los Angeles County Fair is held every year, and it's one of the best in the country. Bigger than the average carnival, but still part of that tradition, and it's awesome.

How did I not know about that one?

Hey kids - I'm sorry for the wait. You have to give me a few more hours. I'm working on it now.

I woke up this morning with the right side of my face blown up like a balloon.

Sinus infection!!! All I needed was an Rx for antibiotics, but since this happens to be a Sunday, on a holiday weekend to boot, I ended up having to spend six hours at the emergency room to get a prescription.

I'm totally fine, it just put me behind schedule. Apologizes for the wait. I hope you will feel it is worth it. The scents came out great this month and I am loving Luna's scribings. Just give me a few more hours. Thank you!

xoxoxoxoxo

Sending healing thoughts, prayers and energies your way! Hope you feel better! :heart0974:

The scents came out great this month and I am loving Luna's scribings.

Yay! But booooo to sinus infections, you poor thing. Luckily it didn't happen before the party, eh?

I hope you feel better soon, Mara...please go to bed, though, and start fresh tomorrow when the antibiotics have started to work...seriously, we can wait-the most important thing is your health!!! :)

LP Carnival is the return of LP Spring 2011?! My mother is going to FLIP OUT! She is always asking to get her more and I'm always telling her to MOVE ON IT'S GONE! I can't believe this!! I can't wait to surprise her!

ok this was my first question. Well, my question was, which LP is this a redux of? I'm very curious about this one. I just never know what patch is going to do until I try it.

Sweet & Distant Calliope sound really good. I really want to try Carny & Tattooed Lady too. Tat Lady sounds great. But, I'll await my sampler. I just never know what civet will do until I try it.

Wow Mara, glad your doing better. You need a day off. We'll survive. Tate a day for rest. Get better. :)

Edited by StacyK

I can't help with the patch question because I can never really smell it in the LP's except in Honeyed LP, but this Lp will fly off the shelves! I didn't love it as much as my mom so I gave her the rest of my bottle but I did regret it a little so I may just get this one for me too. I think it was a little too sweet pink for me though.

So many sound excellent but I also will wait for my sampler to order FB's.

Oh, Mara, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, I hope you are getting some relief from the antibiotics!

And OMG these look amazing! Luna's scribings are delectable foreplay, as always. :-) I can't wait for my sampler -- so many unisex gorgeous resin and nature-y scents! Vardo is eerily close to a PE I was planning, so I'll need to check that out and regroup. Yay for Fall and yay for NRs!!!

Fun stuff! I'm in the middle of reading all of Luna's lovely scribing. The scents all sound so cool this month! It feels like a really great "mid-way" step between the end of summer, and the beginning of fall. Perfectly conceived. Looking forward to testing them out! :)

Yes, Carnival is a revisiting of LP Spring 11, which was one of my absolute favorites. After I brewed it up, I A/B'd it with my original bottle and it is extremely close, just a little lighter in weight than the original, so likely with time and aging this one will deepen too. I also notice when I first apply it, I can smell the ingredients separately for a second...there's the strawberry - POP! There's the lemon...POP! and then it softens right into to one smooth delicious cotton candy LP scent I am accustomed to.

I'm very tempted. I have to ask,How patch heavy is it? You can use other LPs to compare if that helps. :D

BTW, we are right in the middle of the NY State Fair right now. I don't know if anyone has ever been. But, it's HUGE, an interesting mix of traditional and current and taken very seriously. I've been to a few across the country. But, this takes the cake. I wish you all could visit. This is (as Eggers said) great timing.

Edited by StacyK