Goldfish w/ Alpha-Nol

AD-Goldfish-SM.jpg

ORANGE (TANGERINE) ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
RED CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
WHITE MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SEA SALT ~ protection, purification, grounding, feminine energy. Resurrection, baptism.
EUCALYPTUS ~ Healing.

Wow! This is way refreshing. I love this citrus zip! It is perfect for Alpha-nol. It seems like an odd combo but it is blended so smoothly I really can't pick out the eucalyptus which you would THINK would completely take over. It starts out bright orange and then sort of smoothes out to mostly red currant and musk (and the white musk is not nose piercing!) I get the tiniest hint of that fizzy champagne note (that I realize is not in here so must be the eucalyptus coming at me under cover)...this definitely works and is a total surprise hit for me. Screams for a spray...

This is refreshing and surprisingly pretty. I mean I do get a bit of cologne scent too. But it's soft and clear. At the same time crisp too. Very Unisex. But, I think this one will morph masculine or feminine depending on a who wears it context, rather that smelling straight up unisex.

I thought this might be more of a novelty scent or ? But, this is really a nice surprise. :)

I really like it. My daughter wore some today too. She really liked it. Win.

Edited by StacyK

I tried this one the other day. With the currant and tangerine, I wondered if it would smell the way swedish fish taste (the red ones). I got an initial blast of tangerine. I immediately thought that this is better suited as a shower scent. It was very light and bright. And she nailed that tap water accord!!! Very, bright, crisp, and watery. Is it possible to smell water?

I would say the currant popped out about a half hour later, little like cherry. After some drydown, my impression was a brighter, cleaner version of Kissed By The Sun which I would describe as creamier and cloudier than Goldfish! But I feel they are similar.

Towards the end, I was left with only the musk which kind of bothered me all day long. It was either that or the A-Nol which I've never worn by itself before. I did get a headache later, but I don't know if it was necessarily from the A-Nol (or work or the wind blowing allergens around).

I do not visualize this on a man, seems too fruity. I did notice when I got home that night, that my teenagers were actually pleasant towards each other. My husband, the kids, and I were just having the best conversation and I wished we'd always interact this way. It later dawned on me that it was probably the A-Nol. I am starting the see how Mara's tarts must work. I think this would be a good tart scent!

Is it possible to smell water?

Oh sure - water encompasses different types of scents, so you can create the evocation of it with different ingredients.

LOL, tap water, I totally get that! When Mara told me that I have to admit I was skeptical.

ALWAYS LISTEN TO DA MAWA!

This is far more watery than tangy on me, but aquatic notes/accords always amp on me. It has a clean characteristic which I think a lot of guys would enjoy. The musk gives it more body and helps blend everything. QG, this is your type of scent, I would say.

• 3 weeks later...

I got this one in a spray. On me, it's mostly a musk with some aquatic, oceanic notes. I actually forgot that there was citrus in it until I read the ingredients again. I think this one might swing a little more to the masculine side, but only slightly. I'm certainly not going to stop wearing it.

Sometimes when I put it on, the pheros make my heart speed up quite a bit for a couple minutes. It's actually kind of fun, haha.

• 3 weeks later...

This one I had to wear several times to get a feel for it as wet and dry are VERY different on me.

Wet this is very tangerine. Combined with the currant, this is very citrus and very sweet on my skin. Really too tangerine/sweet for me if the scent remained like that. However, once it dries down, the sea aquatics come forward so you get more of a clean sea aquatics scent with a citrus background on my skin. This is almost too light/citrus a scent on me but it is not a bad scent by any means. I am still trying to make up my mind how much I like the scent lol. I will let you know as time goes by.

I do not tend to wear mixes that are alpha-nol heavy. People already talk to me and tell me their secrets, and alpha-nols on me just tend to make them super chatty haha!

I could have sworn I'd written a review of this but much like QG's experiences with Goldfish, wet and dry are night and day on how this wears on me. I liked how 'light' this wore on me because even though I tend to prefer more, uh, robust scents this had a nice drydown that was slightly sweet but mostly aquatic citrus. I do have to be mindful of how much alpha androstenol I am wearing because it seems to give my bride headaches on occasion. When I get the dose right, however it makes her very upbeat, happy and chatty.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

It turns out Alpha-nol on its own gives me a headache, which is a massive bummer because otherwise I would have gone full bottle on this. Goldfish is aquatic and bright. It is just a tiny bit on the masculine side, but still easily wearable for a woman. I was drinking earl grey tea when I put this on and something about the way the orange(tangerine) combines with the other notes made it very similar. I know bergamot is also a citrus, but it goes beyond that. There is something about the layering/complexity of it, combined with the liquid aspect. It's crisp, but anchored. I think SirenSong really nailed it when she called it a "brighter, cleaner version of Kissed By The Sun ."