Sticky!

Beccah

AD-Sticky-SM.jpg

Ah, there’s no food like junk food, and you can’t say you’ve really had fun at a carnival until you’re sticky…the scent of melting cotton candy and the glaze of kettle corn, woodchips from the Midway stuck to the soles of your shoes, the warm miasma of various food vendors lingering in your clothes and hair…a sticky-sweet blur of fairy floss and smoked sugars, sawdusty sandalwood and woodsmoke accord.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

(SMOKED & BERRY) SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration,
concealment
and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

• 2 weeks later...

This one keeps tricking my nose. Once I forgot I had it on- I kept catching whiffs of something delicious. It was this scent. Lots of pink berry sugar! But when I put my nose up close to it, it's soooo smoky. Like a berry scented incense. I love the pink sugar-y scent but the smoke keeps throwing me off! Everyone who likes that smoky incense-y type of scents need to try this! It's not your typical super sweet pink fragrance.

Edited by hearts

Like a berry scented incense.

That's a great way to describe it!

This actually reminds me somewhat of Blushing Embers but it's not as intensely sweet (which was due to the mulberry in that one). It's sort of more like if Fade To Black was Fade To Pink instead, heh. The smokiness and the pink sugary-ness are equal characteristics. It does have that aura of something sweet on the air, it's compelling that way because it sort of "drifts" on my skin, if that makes sense. It doesn't necessarily smell like hot-spun sugar/cotton candy to me, but it does provoke that association anyway.

I road-tested this one first today. I love it. I am really surprised that these three ingredients manage to smell like cotton candy and caramel corn -- just like you're at the carnival and those treats are being freshly made. I do get the smokiness, but not a lot. It doesn't remind me of incense. To me it smells like hot (temperature-wise) sweetness. It's pink, but it's not a bright, happy, cutesy, girly pink. It's a more grown up pink to me. And for some reason it reminds me of Christmas. :Emoticons04280: Christmas was my first reaction when I smelled it. So much I think it should be worn in December rather than fall in my mind/nose. But after wearing it all day, I do feel like I am in the food lane at the carnival.

I was always interested in Blushing Embers, so I am glad it somewhat compares. And lately, I've had an obsession with Pure Sugar which I do not own yet. I think that's what led me to try this one first. I wanted something simple and sweet and it does not disappoint.

And I sure am confusing Sticky! and Sweet! Sweet! is the caramel apple one; Sticky! is the pink sugar one! (pounding into brain). But a caramel apple could also be sticky.... :P

Sticky! was named by Mara from its' inception, but we discussed several names for the caramel apple one before settling on Sweet! - it made a nice pairing, we thought. :)

I think maybe the inclusion of the sandalwood is what steers it into incense territory to me, because sandalwood + smoke = incense to my olfactory intelligence.

I do have to say I thought about Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" when I read those two titles together! :banana011: The whole theme is very creative. And Sticky! does deliver on the theme. Will be trying the others one by one.

I am wondering if it's the sandalwood that gives me "caramel corn"! :huh:

SirenSong, that was my first thought too...HOW HOW HOW do these ingredients turn into caramel corn?! But they sure as hell do! First it is total cotton candy, which I was like...meh, ok...but then to have it morph into real live caramel corn. right in front of my nose...I was blown away.

I don't get the incense vibe and the smoke is light but such a great part of this whole experience. I agree that it must be the sandalwood/smoke combo that magickally turns this into caramel corn AFTER Mara waves her wand over this amazing concoction. :witch1749:

I'm not sure if I would have put the Blushing Embers comparison together myself but it IS reminiscent of that long ago favorite!

This is such a fun collection!! I love it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I had nose confusion when I first put it on because I just didn't read the notes that are here. My brain was confused. I think it's whatever is "smoked and berry sugars". There's something initially sweet (berries?) but not quite right (smoked?). Not that it's wrong so much as I have never smelled smoked berries - I'm not sure I've smelled smoked sugar either. I DO however like smoke in LOTS of LPs so I waited this one out. I could pick out the sandalwood once I let myself move past the intense investigation of the smoke notes :D I didn't get the cotton candy :( but over dry down SOMEHOW it DID become caramel corn!

It's very light on me, close to the skin. I'm going to wear it again tomorrow just because the initial fragrance is SO fascinating and I want to explore it again :)

I'm finding out that I really like smoked scents. That tends to be my choice of flavor for cooked meat, too :P

I'm very happy with this one, as it's cotton candy!!! :heart0974:

The sandalwood must be acting as a very supportive base note, because I can't pick it out. I can see how it might just be 'barely there,' and I find that totally likable. But that means I don't get the kettle corn or woodchips experience. That's okay. I'm more of a sugar fiend.

ETA: Oh wait! I just took a big huff and concentrated, and I DO smell kettle corn. WOAH.

It trails behind the cotton candy for a split second, but I'm not going to be able to pay that much attention to it most of the time. Still, having that deep base note to balance seems like a necessity, giving it depth instead of cotton candy's incessant notoriety for melting and disappearing every time it touches anything.

Edited by Ivysaur

I did not reread the notes before I tried any of the samples. So, I was confused at first, almost had a berry-pie-dripped-in-the-oven, but in a good way. Somehow, there was a rounding out and a warmth overall (sandalwood?), and any sharp berry scent was pleasantly berry with a slightly over-browned sugared topping. Very autumnal.

This is REALLY yummy. The more I wear it the more I love it. May need a back up bottle of this one... :heart:

I get no caramel corn from this at any point. What I'm getting is very sexy woody base combined in almost even measure with an LP Pink type of "pinkness". It's to die for. And very long-lasting. If I had a million dollars, I'd buy every last drop! :lol:

Yeah, I was thinking there's a point in Sticky's evolution that I get strongly reminded of LP Pink, which is great because I love that. My oldest gave my wrist a sniff & told me that it almost smelled like the stuff the girls in his school wear, except there's grown up note to it.

• 5 weeks later...

Pink scents don't generally excite me, but mix in some smoke and sandalwood and apparently I suddenly enjoy a pink scent! Sticky is a berry with an incense vibe. I don't get caramel corn, but still find it yummy.

• 1 month later...

To my nose, this is LP Pink light. It's got that same pink scent in LP Pink but it doesn't have the base that LP Pink has. I keep having moments where it floats up all around me and is just yummy smelling! I love those LP moments when you smell something and you think "Dang, who smells so good!?" Then you realize it's you and you smile. It's not an in your face pink scent either. It's just pink and light and fluffy and airy and slightly smokey. Extremely huffable. Love it!

• 5 months later...

I wear this one every so often when I want something pink and light. I always forget the throw this one has even though it is so light. It swirls around me all day long. It has been aging really well too and it's only getting better! Today I smell just like smoked cotton candy wafting through the air. It's fresh and airy and sugary and smoky and yummy. It reminds me of going to a fair/carnival early in the morning, when it isn't too hot yet, and the sun is bright and the breeze is cool. A perfect summer scent!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The House Elves very kindly included a freebie trial vial of this in my latest order and I hadn't smelled it in a while....oh baby, Sticky! has aged beautifully.  The hot spun sugar aspect is much deeper now, coming up against the sandalwood and smoke...this is sexy cotton candy for sure, wow.  I can't stop sniffing myself!  Thank you Elves for giving me an extra TV to enjoy - this is going to get major nighttime pulse point dabbing for a while.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 10:58 AM, dolphindolls2 said:

So happy I still have 1 full bottle left of Sticky... I love this scent so much, its like happy in a bottle.  It's a very sweet and wonderful and lasts all day on me...

I still have this too and soooooooooooo yum! It does last...I wonder if that's part of why it's called Sticky? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 7:39 AM, dolphindolls2 said:

I wore Sticky yesterday and lasted right thru bedtime, I'm glad you have a bottle as well....

And a back up bottle as well! ;)