Melissa's Plumage

Beccah

AD-PE-MelissaPlum.jpg

Crafted of sweet syrupy plums, blended with peppery flowers of carnation and neroli, with dashes of thick patchouli and black tea in the base.

• 3 weeks later...

Like Baby Doll, this is also a festival of awesomeness. The carnation is dominant to my nose, a peppery burst with the darkness of the other notes grounding it and making it a slinky sexy night time vibe. Usually I'm not a fan of powdery scents, but this one is SO DARK that it works amazingly and does not bring babies or diapers to mind (my usual unfortunate association), and it adds a kind of movement to it, a kinetic feel? The notes are dark enough to make this a weighty scent, but because of the powder quality it has a liveliness to it. I'm not describing well, but suffice to say, really gorgeous! Congrats, Mel!

• 4 weeks later...

I first saw this scent offered on Etsy but I wasn't sure if I should order it because I hadn't seen any reviews for it. This seems to be the type of plum fragrance I'm looking for, which is something dark, and sweet without having a medicinal smell. The carnation and neroli notes sound unique and add a bit of "edginess" to the sweetness of the plum.

Well, payday is tomorrow so here I come with another order!!!

• 2 weeks later...

On me, Melissa's Plumage is a blend of syrupy plum and spicy carnation. It is so rich, dark and intoxicating. A heady mix that makes me think of a burlesque dancer, a little bit flirty, a little bit fun but a lot sexy.

• 2 weeks later...

The carnation is really forward on me, it gives a nice clean aura to it, IMO. It has a sophisticated kind of vibe, the blending of the floral notes with the resin and tea elements.

• 1 year later...

At first this is a nice floral plum. I didn't really get the carnation or neroli specifically, just a general floral. A while later I smelled a beautiful powdery feminine scent on my wrist and forgot what it was because I was swiping a bunch of different scents. At first I thought I didn't need a bottle, now I'm not so sure.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s too bad the label is unavailable, because I’d love to make this as a spray as part of my spray collection:

Edit - I mean, sure, I can add it to my collection, just sayin’... I’d love to have the pretty label to go with.

Edited by melisse
Because I always overthink

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2018 at 3:07 PM, melisse said:

It’s too bad the label is unavailable, because I’d love to make this as a spray as part of my spray collection:

Edit - I mean, sure, I can add it to my collection, just sayin’... I’d love to have the pretty label to go with.

Depending on the label, I've had MOSTLY good luck removing the labels from roller bottles and moving them to spray bottles, but most of the time I originally had the idea to make into a spray after the label had oil leak onto it, which softens the glue. My man has allowed bottles to leak enough that 3 labels were sliding clean off. I removed them, left them in some flour for a few days, cleaned the bottles, and was able to scrape flour and oil off labels and put them back on with clear tape. If I wanted to go one step further (I didn't), I could've used clear packing tape.

• 2 weeks later...