Beccah

Melissa's Plumage

AD-PE-MelissaPlum.jpg

Crafted of sweet syrupy plums, blended with peppery flowers of carnation and neroli, with dashes of thick patchouli and black tea in the base.

Like Baby Doll, this is also a festival of awesomeness. The carnation is dominant to my nose, a peppery burst with the darkness of the other notes grounding it and making it a slinky sexy night time vibe. Usually I'm not a fan of powdery scents, but this one is SO DARK that it works amazingly and does not bring babies or diapers to mind (my usual unfortunate association), and it adds a kind of movement to it, a kinetic feel? The notes are dark enough to make this a weighty scent, but because of the powder quality it has a liveliness to it. I'm not describing well, but suffice to say, really gorgeous! Congrats, Mel!

I first saw this scent offered on Etsy but I wasn't sure if I should order it because I hadn't seen any reviews for it. This seems to be the type of plum fragrance I'm looking for, which is something dark, and sweet without having a medicinal smell. The carnation and neroli notes sound unique and add a bit of "edginess" to the sweetness of the plum.

Well, payday is tomorrow so here I come with another order!!!

On me, Melissa's Plumage is a blend of syrupy plum and spicy carnation. It is so rich, dark and intoxicating. A heady mix that makes me think of a burlesque dancer, a little bit flirty, a little bit fun but a lot sexy.

The carnation is really forward on me, it gives a nice clean aura to it, IMO. It has a sophisticated kind of vibe, the blending of the floral notes with the resin and tea elements.

At first this is a nice floral plum. I didn't really get the carnation or neroli specifically, just a general floral. A while later I smelled a beautiful powdery feminine scent on my wrist and forgot what it was because I was swiping a bunch of different scents. At first I thought I didn't need a bottle, now I'm not so sure.

This is on my next order, sounds great!

omg - I Love this!! Just received  my shipment, and omg, omg.... It Is Amazing. 

Posted (edited)

It’s too bad the label is unavailable, because I’d love to make this as a spray as part of my spray collection:

Edit - I mean, sure, I can add it to my collection, just sayin’... I’d love to have the pretty label to go with.

Edited by melisse
Because I always overthink