Melissa's Baby Doll

Beccah

• 3 weeks later...

OK, this is seriously amazing! I didn't have the notes when I tested it, and I got gorgeous berry cake with the teensiest hint of new doll smell. Hugely nostalgic -- I get a kids' tea party vibe from it, blanket spread on slightly damp grass, little cups with barely a thimbleful of tea, and doll plate with petit fours from the bakery. I put it on last night and couldn't stop huffing my hand... it was the first thing I reached for this morning. Just awesome, Mel! Love to hear about the inspiration for it if you feel like sharing!

It wasn't anything I can take credit for,nor have I smelled it yet! It was based on a body cream my friend sampled me years ago then I couldn't get any as they'd stopped having it! The notes for that were blackberry, cake, white floral, sweet orange and white musk. It was called Pink baby doll. I think it means a negligee as they had few clothing related scents.

Oooh, interesting! I totally missed the lingerie connection -- and that explains something, which I felt a little weird putting in the original review. It's sexy too! I could totally see it boosted with Sexology or Gotcha. I hope you get your package soon!

I think gotcha is meant to be romantic lol but to me it just does weird cleaning things. Which is good because I use it motivationally!

I wonder if that would change if you changed delivery method? From oil to 60/40 or vice versa. When I had my Unscented LFN in oil, it made me clean and cook like a mad woman. Once I accidentally turned it into a spray, (grabbed LFN instead of LFM), it became ALL KINDS OF SEXY. :lol:

I think I knew that, somewhere in the back of my mind - that he doesn't like it. I should probably get some more UN LFN in oil to get me cleaning! :lol: And cooking! I remember the one day I used it, before I realized it had this effect on me, I made like, 3 pots of soup, a stew, a cake, I cleaned my house upstairs and down, did mountains of laundry... actually I can't remember all the stuff I did. But it was A LOT OF STUFF. And of course, it didn't have a cleaning effect on BF, so he was responding to it like you'd expect a guy to respond to it, while I was like, "no, not right now! can't you see I'm making 100 loaves of banana bread?". If I recall correctly, he did win in the end. But it was an epic "battle" to get me to stop cooking and waving around my feather duster. :lol:

Baahaha. That made me laugh a lot.I am the same. I don't remember it either.it's like memory erasing speed.

ATM I'm in nesting mode so I am crazy to do stuff now but my energy is kind of limited. I have my morning coffee then go nuts before it can wear off. My eyes are seriously closing by 8pm now and I have sooooo much to do.

• 1 month later...

Melissa's Baby Doll reminds me of the Strawberry Shortcake dolls, more on the berry, vanilla-ry, cakey goodness side than plastic. But still provides the nostalgic feeling I had as a child sniffing the doll. I find it a cute, fun fragrance, however, it also gives me a headache, unfortunately :(

• 2 weeks later...

There's a tiny hint of plastic for me but I thought it was supposed to be there, heh. This does have that scented doll-type smell, it's soft and girly and sweet, but not overwhelmingly so. I think this would be the perfect scent for a young girl.

• 3 months later...