Desperation & Djinn

Beccah

AD-DesperationDjinn-SM.jpg

Desperation & Djinn

Love can drive us all to drink sometimes, but we say grab the djinn, not the gin! Love-drawing juniper and dusty rose, deepened with meditative sandalwood, frankincense and myrrh, a breath of soothing sage and just a drop of bourbon to appease the fickle Gods of affection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

ROSE ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

JUNIPER ~ Emotionally calming, physically energizing. Attracts lovers, deflects thieves.

Cleansing, purifying, love charms, exorcism, health.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
CLARY ~ Enhances visions.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
FERMENTED ALCOHOLS: WINE, BEER, HARD LIQUOR, ETC ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.

• 2 weeks later...

This is totally not my usual scent, and I'm glad I didn't refresh my memory on the notes in it (especially the rose) as I might have been biased against it.

It is nice, mostly resinous on me. Seems both soothing and stimulating. It melded on my skin throughout the day, and it also lasted all day.

Funny story: I wanted to come up with a PE for my anniversary, but I waffled quite a bit and wrung my hands and eventually talked myself out of it. The four notes I had decided on before I chickened out were rose, frankincense, vanilla, and sandalwood.

Naturally when I read the description for this one, my jaw dropped, not only because it had those 4 notes I had wanted to use, but because I know I like all the other ones, too. The only thing that made me a little unsure was the bourbon, because I've enjoyed that in some scents but not in others.

Well, at first sniff, it was love! I just finished ordering a FB. If funds permitted, I'd definitely be stocking up, but hopefully there will still be another bottle or two available in a couple of months. This wears like a velvety soft skin scent on me. It's not loud. All the notes blend together beautifully. After a couple of hours, the rose is extremely subtle and the resins really shine. I just love it. The name is slightly unfortunate for my own personal associations ;) but as for me, it reminds me of marrying my Beloved, and that's all I really care about.

Edited by Memorare

• 2 weeks later...

This one is amazingly beautiful, but has a kind of soapy after-smell at first. After a while, it morphs into a very subtle rose with warm and spicy underneath -- but takes a longer while for the soapiness to fade away. I love it, but it's more like how I want my bathroom to smell, rather than how I want me to smell. I would love to diffuse this in my bathroom.

On a whim, I mixed equal amounts of this and Sensual Harmony w/ LFM on the back of my (other) hand and the soapy after-smell is gone. I have a spicy scent with a hint of rose and no soap -- yummmm! Very close to my skin, almost no throw at all. Very lovely and subtle, sexy woman-skin. Autumn fallen roses.

This is interesting - it's got the dry mineral powdery aspect of the frank & myrrh, mixing with the rose. The juniper and sage gives it a bit of a piquant aspect. And there's a little fizziness too. It's an intriguing take on rose, more mature and intricate.

• 4 weeks later...

Upon application of Desperation and Djinn I get a herbal resinous scent. During drydown the rose becomes more apparent, making the fragrance more of a heady spicy rose. Over time, it takes on a powdery nature that gives a smoothness to this perfume. An incense rose, feminine, yet dark and rich

• 2 months later...

Reminds me a lot of the days I used to work at a gin distillery!

It's very boozy and juniper-y to me right out of the vial - feels almost a bit masculine. On drydown, I get this dark, powdery, almost spicy feel. The rose adds a bit of the "powdery" aspect for me, but isn't very strong on me.

• 8 months later...

Holy Moly.

Just out of the sample vial, I am COVERING myself in this. I smell like a very sexy old man in a bar. Apparently that must be my thing. I must have more of this thing.

One hour later, I'm soaking in the scent from my arm as I drive. It now smells like a night out at a very fancy restaurant, with that same sexy old man, except it turns out he's a billionaire, which makes him somehow seem younger. The scent I'm inhaling on my arm hints at hours of getting dolled up just so, valet parking and hostesses that take your coat, and ordering all three desserts on the menu, because why not? It smells like an enchanted magical date night with not quite the right guy, but it's fun to pretend.

Six hours later, it's still soft and enchanting, mellowing to a very adult powdery scent, like the world's most precious and expensive body powder that comes in cut crystal with a giant soft powder puff and leaves a bit of shimmer on the skin. It smells like coming home from opulence, and being really happy to cuddle with the cat.

My man is working in another city tonight, I will try this "dressing up for a fancy dinner" scent on him sometime very soon.

Edited by Eastwood22

• 1 month later...

Um, help. I love this scent. I feel like I just drenched myself in it. I'm not smelling it!!! I bet everyone at party I'm going to will fall in love with my neck, but why can't I smell me?

You probably made yourself go nose-blind by wearing too much.

Like too much at once? (This is s real question, I am not a troll!) I've been saving it for a special occasion so it would have to be too much at once. Is this a real thing?

Strangely, around 11pm, I put a little more on my wrists and smelled it, no problem. And now I'm congested today, but I wasn't yesterday.

Right. It is an actual thing.

http://theconversation.com/anosmia-the-disability-of-being-noseblind-is-no-laughing-matter-67813

In this case, sometimes when you put on too much perfume your sense of smell becomes overwhelmed and you stop being able to smell it. or if you wear something every day and your brain just moves its' effect to the background so you can't discern it as distinctly as you once could. It's something which can happen to any of the senses in a particular context.

• 2 months later...

I'm wearing this on a rainy afternoon, while waiting for computers to get on board with my to-do list. Today it doesn't evoke "out to a fancy dinner," but it says "it's okay you're sitting at home on the sofa getting nothing done, because no lazy person doing nothing would smell that good. Clearly you are prepared and the rest of the world is not." Maybe I'll go to the bank and hope my computer stays on task without me hovering nearby. They will recognize my importance at the bank by how good I smell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This smelled not at all like I expected reading the notes. It starts out kind of boozy and a little smoky, kind of like a cigar bar. It reminds me of a fireplace or burning leaves, making it feel like a late fall scent. Then, it becomes mostly juniper. At least I think it's juniper, it's sort of like pine, but not actual pine. About an hour in, the sandalwood starts to become more prominent.

On me, it starts out on the masculine side of unisex and keeps getting more and more masculine. It's like something an old fashioned fisherman would wear, when he's not out on the boat, but relaxing by the fire in a thick cable knit sweater while smoking a pipe. If you've ever seen the movie "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir", this scent is exactly what I imagine the ghost wearing.

• 8 months later...

The long drydown on this is insane. It just gets better and better. I think I'm going to hand this over to my man as I believe I'll prefer huffing it off of him over my own arm. 

This is in the sale, maybe even in the "two-fers." If you're a dude or looking for a dude gift, it edges on haunting after a few hours. On a guy it could make him seem more and more attractive over a few hours or a long dinner. 

@Eastwood22 Good to know!  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 2:12 AM, Eastwood22 said:

@Snoopyace here to help/enable!

Okay, so when I get my bride her bottle of Enivrant, I'm going to get a bottle of this.  Maybe two if I can't find anything else.  Just to have it.  Think it would boost well with The Love God? :Emoticons10311:

3 hours ago, halo0073 said:

Thanks to trying this on for Snoop last night ( after an exhaustive search) I discovered I love it! So thanks to both of you! Trying hard to figure out if I’m going to make another sale order.

We are all evil enablers down here.

22 hours ago, Snoopyace said:

We are all evil enablers down here.

And I’m the worst of the lot. But I just sneakily enabled myself under the guise of enabling you. That’s some subversive ass bullshit on a new level even for me. 

1 minute ago, halo0073 said:

And I’m the worst of the lot. But I just sneakily enabled myself under the guise of enabling you. That’s some subversive ass bullshit on a new level even for me. 

Ahaha!  I love it!

11 minutes ago, halo0073 said:

I just sneakily enabled myself under the guise of enabling you.

Shocking behavior. 

@halo0073 are you getting it for yourself or your Life Partner?

Fair enough @halo0073! I might give mine my D&Dj, partially visually convince myself I don't have "too many" scents, and also because all he's getting from the sale is one Veridian Muse. 

I tried to call him something else, but my oppositionally defiant thumbs refused.

That’s okay Snoop said lover with a straight face in another thread. So I’m validated enough for one day. My SO could not wear this. It smells feminine on me but also it’s powdery enough that I would not ask him to try. I don’t know if you remember that story I told once about how incredibly fucking stupid his nose is, that he once walked in and started speak shouting about how the whole house smelled like “POOP!” Then elaborated that it was very specifically like a big hot dump in an old lady’s bathroom? Well that charming imagery was conjured up by him smelling a beautiful upscale floral with a soft unobtrusive powdery element to it. So NOTHING with even a hint of powder goes near that weirdo. 

3 minutes ago, halo0073 said:

That’s okay Snoop said lover with a straight face in another thread. So I’m validated enough for one day. My SO could not wear this. It smells feminine on me but also it’s powdery enough that I would not ask him to try. I don’t know if you remember that story I told once about how incredibly fucking stupid his nose is, that he once walked in and started speak shouting about how the whole house smelled like “POOP!” Then elaborated that it was very specifically like a big hot dump in an old lady’s bathroom? Well that charming imagery was conjured up by him smelling a beautiful upscale floral with a soft unobtrusive powdery element to it. So NOTHING with even a hint of powder goes near that weirdo. 

Oh that's amazing!!!

For him, powder = poop. Done and done. I bet he's got a pretty good, but unknown, backstory. Could've gotten crossed pretty easily, like in a dressing room where someone tried to cover their kid's poopy diaper smell with talcum powder. You can't fix that.

23 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

Oh that's amazing!!!

For him, powder = poop. Done and done. I bet he's got a pretty good, but unknown, backstory. Could've gotten crossed pretty easily, like in a dressing room where someone tried to cover their kid's poopy diaper smell with talcum powder. You can't fix that.

I’d love to agree with you because a deep seated cause and effect situation is literally my favorite thing in life and how I understand, cope with and manage every facet of my day to day existence with all the difficult people I’m surrounded by. However in this case I have seen sooooo many nonsensical, non scent memory, subconscious clue situations with his broken sense of smell that I know it’s just him indulging his stunted sense of smell. My whole life is ruled by smell so I’m positive on this. He’s exactly the same with his extremely poor facial recognition skills. Will insist to the death that we are watching Morgan Freeman and try to offer proof. I’m like okay dude that’s Bruce Willis and he was once in a movie with Lawrence Fishburn. You’re thinking of Lawrence Fishburn. Then I’ll have to walk him through his broken steam of associations on IMDB. I can say this is true in these two situations because they are two of my strongest talents in life and also two of his worst. He knows and accepts this now and will now just ask me. If you knew him and that he’s more convinced of his inherent rightness on every topic in the history of the world ( even stuff he knows nothing about) than any human I have ever met, you’d take my word for it. In just these two specific arenas, he’s so bad and nonsensical that even HE acknowledges it now. Only took 17+ years but we got here. I’m sure there is an association there down deep like everything in life but scent? You will never figure it out in a logical way. Neither will he. 

4 hours ago, halo0073 said:

That’s okay Snoop said lover with a straight face in another thread...

😄😄😄

On 8/18/2019 at 3:06 PM, halo0073 said:

I’m sure there is an association there down deep like everything in life but scent?

It's true, some is explainatory, but others make no sense. My man gets burning plastic from honeycomb. At least on me, whatever my skin is doing with it.