Gargoyle Gargle

Beccah

AD-GargoyleGargle-SM.jpg

LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
EUCALYPTUS ~ Healing and cooling.
YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibly, soothes marital problems. Aphrodisiac, mood balancing, relaxation.
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
PINE ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
MISTLETOE ~ Protection, love, fertility, health, exorcism.

• 2 weeks later...

I was dead set on not liking this one. I looked at the notes before I tried it and was thinking "no way do those things sound good together. Eucalyptus and coconut? Lavender and pine? Really?" I never would have ordered it if it hadn't been part of the sampler.

But I should have had more faith in Mara's talent because I put it on (well away from my face, a little dab on my wrist so I could wash it off in a hurry!), took a sniff while it was wet, only caught the eucalyptus, shrugged and forgot about it...and then got this whiff of something absolutely heavenly a little while later. What IS that amazing smell? It was almost herbal, but not medicinal. Slightly sweet, but not in an edible way. I thought I caught a little lavender, but it didn't read like a lavender scent.

My friends, that amazing, indescribable smell was Gargoyle Gargle. Which I legit cannot say out loud without stuttering, so let's hope no one ever asks me :P My budget only allows for 2 Weenies, and this one won out over Just Desserts, which I want to have almond scented babies with, so there you go. GG is clean without being soapy, herbal without smelling like a garden...I mean, you gotta try it. It's magical. It feels very soothing somehow, and-this is what really nails it for me-I can wear it comfortably during a migraine. Every evening after my shower, I've been reaching for my trial vial of this to wear to bed. This is what I wanted pillow stuffing to be for me, but it was too sweet. (I still enjoy it, just not on migraine days).

I was a little surprised to see its thread here in the men's forum but now that I think about it, a man could totally wear this. It doesn't really evoke any gender to me, it's just...argh, amazing. There's that word again! Everybody needs a bottle of Gargoyle Gargle in their LP stash.

I was dead set on not liking this one. I looked at the notes before I tried it and was thinking "no way do those things sound good together. Eucalyptus and coconut? Lavender and pine? Really?" I never would have ordered it if it hadn't been part of the sampler.

But I should have had more faith in Mara's talent because I put it on (well away from my face, a little dab on my wrist so I could wash it off in a hurry!), took a sniff while it was wet, only caught the eucalyptus, shrugged and forgot about it...and then got this whiff of something absolutely heavenly a little while later. What IS that amazing smell? It was almost herbal, but not medicinal. Slightly sweet, but not in an edible way. I thought I caught a little lavender, but it didn't read like a lavender scent.

My friends, that amazing, indescribable smell was Gargoyle Gargle. Which I legit cannot say out loud without stuttering, so let's hope no one ever asks me :P My budget only allows for 2 Weenies, and this one won out over Just Desserts, which I want to have almond scented babies with, so there you go. GG is clean without being soapy, herbal without smelling like a garden...I mean, you gotta try it. It's magical. It feels very soothing somehow, and-this is what really nails it for me-I can wear it comfortably during a migraine. Every evening after my shower, I've been reaching for my trial vial of this to wear to bed. This is what I wanted pillow stuffing to be for me, but it was too sweet. (I still enjoy it, just not on migraine days).

I was a little surprised to see its thread here in the men's forum but now that I think about it, a man could totally wear this. It doesn't really evoke any gender to me, it's just...argh, amazing. There's that word again! Everybody needs a bottle of Gargoyle Gargle in their LP stash.

This is a fantastic review! This is officially on my radar now. And, almond scented babies with Just Desserts! ??? LOL!

I can't top Memorare's awesome review but I want to echo it. It's one of the loveliest LP lavenders I've ever smelled and the pine and mistletoe give it a cool and soothing perfection. It's also intensely relaxing -- my first thought was, I'll get a bottle and boost it with B2 or Balm Bomb and then I quickly realized it doesn't need it. Every time I sniff my test patch I can feel muscles in my shoulders and back relax more deeply and my breathing gets slower.

For the nature scent lovers -- this also has a cool stony mossy cast to it that is really delightful. I don't know how Mara does it.

I smelled all the trial vials with my sister today and this was one of the surprise favorites. After reading memorare's review I changed my mind on which scent I would try tonight. So far I think I love this one.

Edited by Maililyahn

Amazing. I love it. Another of our PM's great comforting, relaxing herbal potions.

This one is all man on me. But, not overwhelming. On my skin, it smells like something from a high end shaving shop. The type of place that caters to men but women find treasure there too. The shaving cream and after shave are clean and fresh using good quality EO's. It's how I'd want my man and his pillow to smell. Wearing it, is like borrowing his white button down shirt to sleep in or to wear with my soft old jeans. I feel very comforted in this. The fragrance has an A1 quality and effect on me. :purr:

Wonderful as is. Would also rock with B2 or Teddy. Win!!!

The eucalyptus is too much for me, sadly, but at some point during the drydown the notes all came together and I was, like, "Ah ha!" It is relaxing, just not my thing.

• 4 weeks later...

This is very much a calm, relaxing kind of scent but it is just a little too feminine for me. That does not mean it will not work for other guys as this is really a unisex scent.

So I tried this the other night before bed, and it was so perfect.. like Eternal Sunshine and Balm Bomb had a baby... I couldn't stop sniffing my arm!

But Mr Perfect wore it yesterday and OMG. It was deep and warm and vanilla-y on him! I think I'm going to get a bottle for us both!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wearing this the last few evenings. I love it! It's a little stabby to my nose when wet, but dries down to a really soft, well-blended fragrance. It's one of several "totally not me, yet me" resinous fragrances I'm considering getting a full bottle of.

I don't like the word "gargle" though, so I'm just calling this "gargoyle". I love gargoyles.

Oh my. How has this not become extremely popular with the ladies for bedtime. OMG this is like a hunky peace of man hugging you!

The things I could get away with wearing this with LFN or maybe even SS4W. This does come off a bit herbal to me, but it's not like RAID herbal which some herbals tend to smell like to me- this is like Winter Wonderland kilt action raw man herbal. I think I need to get this one for me one for my brother and one for my husband. One for me for sure boosted with something. I must test this with LFN. I think I am going to make my brother wear this and see if he likes it. I wanted to create a PE for him and my husband but Im lazy and this is sooo GOOD.

• 3 weeks later...