Madame President

Beccah

AD-MadamePresident.jpg

This is JLisa's wonderful concept, and she allowed me to choose the notes. One can't help but be inspired and I think this is a minor masterpiece, lol! I chose every ingredient with very definite intent and while this is a beautiful perfume that is fully appropriate for the workplace, it is also a powerful spell. I started with sandalwood and musk in the base - these have great power magically but smell velvety soft...like silk.Strong, yet yielding...sensual, but not passive. I featured orchid on top because it represents dignity and refinement, and olive blossom because it represents enormous power - think Alexander the Great. I added a splash of ginseng because it represents power and virility, protects and wards off evil. A few shakes of black pepper EO to remind people that the kitten has claws, and a single drop of carnation to inspire admiration and also for it's quarrel mending reputation in lore. The result is a deliciously fleshy clean scent, it's approachable yet highly respectable, and I think gives off an aura of health and wealth. Yet, it's still easily wearable for vanilla and foody lovers like JLisa.

Initially, I get a lot of olive blossom, sandalwood, and the tiniest hint of black pepper (it's so well blended in there I wouldn't be able to tell if I didn't read the notes - it kinda adds "heat/warmth" rather than feeling like a full note if that makes sense). The olive blossom is very strong on me throughout drydown - it's definitely a fresh, clean scent with a tiniest hint of floral (but definitely more fresh/clean than floral) that on application reminds me a lot of Money Multiplier but less green and more olive - I think MM also has olive blossom as a note.

The olive blossom is very strong on me throughout drydown - it's definitely a fresh, clean scent with a tiniest hint of floral (but definitely more fresh/clean than floral) that on application reminds me a lot of Money Multiplier but less green and more olive - I think MM also has olive blossom as a note.

I can't wait to try this. I like MM a lot (it does have olive blossom in it) and your description of this being a less green version of that sounds like a great "power suited woman" alternative to MM.

Edited by Witty Kitty

YAY! Got this in the mail today along with other PEs and such!

Of course, I slathered this first.

Smell: It is very much a clean, fresh and uplifting scent. Almost like a grapefruit uplift, if you know what I mean, but with the olive blossom. I'm waiting for all the scents to blend and dry down but initially I know I can wear this in a meeting without worrying about being too loud. I am getting ginseng too (or a bright pepper-not sure which). The sandalwood and musk are there but almost blend with the olive blossom to soften it but firm up the scent. It's sweet smelling but not cloying. The carnation comes out strong after a few minutes.Then the olive knocks it back down quickly so its just the spice. Give this 10 minutes before you really call the scent.

Intent: Yes, this is powerful. I instantly got a bit heady and dizzy but I felt focused and calm. I've been struggling with a work project all am and needed inspiration. Once I put this on, it occurred to me. . I don't have to fix this, I need to lead the group to a solution. I was tired before I put this on, and now I'm more alert, almost jittery. Excited.

Mara, this is incredible. To be able to invoke feelings and focus from a blend is nothing short of amazing. This doesn't feel like I'm wearing perfume. The smells and the vibe feel like I'm wearing a tonic actually. A strength tonic. Yes, that's exactly it.

Edit: Oddly, the swipe on top of my forearm smells very soapy. At the pulse point, it is deeper and spicier. So this is definitely one you want to slather strategically.

Edited by johnsonlisa90012

I was almost more excited for this than I was for my own PE, and though I am wearing it in a very different spirit than I anticipated when I first ordered, it now feels if anything more essential to my spirit.

Even though they are not similar scents this reminds me powerfully of Glamour Puss, in terms of a spell potion that is also the most wonderfully complex and sophisticated perfume. Every note is so well blended that my (admittedly not very talented) nose can't really pick out individual scents -- this is clean (but not soapy), warm, strong (but not loud), firm, powerful (but not overpowering)... I could go on and on! The ginseng and pepper give it wonderful warmth and the teeniest bite. It's green but completely office appropriate. It's not out of place in an executive board meeting, but it's also perfect for an evening out at the most elegant of restaurants. It could go with sweats, it could go with a suit, it could go with a ball gown.

Actually, looking at the list above and all the "but nots" makes me realize that what I'm feeling most strongly about this is that it simply cuts through the bullshit binaries. It says AND in the most powerful way. It makes me feel like I don't have to choose between my being a woman and being a person, if that makes any sense. I can be everything and there's room for all of it.

I am wearing this to work today! It makes me feel calm and powerful and deeply centered. JLisa, deepest respect for coming up with the idea for this and Mara, what a brilliant and magical execution. This is really extraordinary!

That was a fantastic review. I thought, "Wow, it did this for her too?" Not sure if you had same experience--on my hand, it goes a bit soapy but at pulse points, it is deep and spicy. Almost as if it needs the chi, or personal essence, to bring it into fulfillment.

Thank you so much for reviewing, Black Cat. Tonight I'm going to try the Blue Moon!!

Ooh, interesting, I hadn't thought to test that aspect! Seriously, JLisa, this just got better and better. And it's so subtle unless you are huffing up close that it just conveys "Hey, I'm not wearing perfume, I just smell absolutely awesome!"

Tink, I had the same thought about making this permanent. I have no idea what goes into making that decision, but this feels like such a PERFECT carrier for SWS.... and also like a power female potion that everyone of us should have in our arsenals!

ANd I have to tell you guys -- I got into work this morning, popped into my supervisor's office to check in with her, and the first thing she said (and bear in mind, every conversation we've had in the past week has been a mutual enragement/grieving over national events) was "You look absolutely beautiful today! I don't know if it's a new dress? or a hair cut?"

I have been wearing the same two dresses (which are the same dress, one in grey and one in black) all fall. It was the black one, which hasn't even been recently washed. I have not had my hair cut since August and I haven't washed it in days. Suffice to say, I am quite convinced it was MP at work!!!

I am so in love with this. The other SWS scents that I tried have been fantastic-Totem Beaver, Punsatoxy and Winner. All were unisex, however. This is much more feminine. It would be awesome to be permanent (at least until we get a real Madame President)!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

On my skin, I get mostly the musk and olive blossom. A touch of the ginseng and carnation. I can't really detect the orchid or black pepper. I think the sandalwood is blending with the musk, making a sort of warm base. On the whole, it's a strong, centering type of scent. Not strong as in overpowering, but strong as in empowering.

I got more spiciness than I expected--the black pepper and carnation--in a way that's not quite working for me. I do like the orchid and this is certainly a scent with presence. I'll let this age for a while and see what happens.

Edited by Witty Kitty

I did that too...I think may just be a spice amper. Which is ok to a degree, but right now the spicy elements are overshadowing the floral/fresh ones. Will go back again later. I really want this to work on me. This is such great idea for a fragrance :hearts0425:

Edited by Witty Kitty

This is primarily a dry sandalwood musk on me, it could easily be unisex, IMO. It has a very clean, linear, direct kind of impression of someone who is well-groomed and capable. I actually wish there was more nuance as far as the other notes because I imagine I would really enjoy that, but as it is I think it's a perfect workplace fragrance.

I'm totally on board with more female-leaning scents for SWS. I use it at least weekly at work. And since I'm not really supposed to be 'wearing perfumes' in healthcare, I gotta go office-friendly stealth mode with one scented application and then the rest unscented.

A very clean sexy powerful ass fragrance. This reminded me of Sneaky Clean, it's like Sneaky Clean got their ass handed to them by Madame President. This to me is a more refined and dined Sneaky Clean. I didn't get any spice at all, it was lovely orchid bitch don't mess with me and some lovely sandalwood. There was another note that made it a bit cold or clean smelling to me. Amazing concept and amazing scent! This would blow my mind with LFN.

I'm wearing this again today and what I'm reminded of is Bonded. I know they don't smell the same, but it has a similar feel. That spicy kick with a clean, musky base. Whereas something in Bonded tickled my nose just a bit too much, Madam President is smooth and easy to wear. Crossing my fingers we do get to keep it forever (or at least as long as possible)

A very clean sexy powerful ass fragrance. This reminded me of Sneaky Clean, it's like Sneaky Clean got their ass handed to them by Madame President. This to me is a more refined and dined Sneaky Clean. I didn't get any spice at all, it was lovely orchid bitch don't mess with me and some lovely sandalwood. There was another note that made it a bit cold or clean smelling to me. Amazing concept and amazing scent! This would blow my mind with LFN.

Oh, I hadn't made this connection but you are so right about it echoing Sneaky Clean! It has that same quality for me of really echoing great classic perfumes that my mom and other wore when I was little.

Every time I wear this I love it more. It dries down to this haunting skin musk that smells like the most awesome nurturing drama-free competence. If, you know, such a thing had a smell.

Oh, I hadn't made this connection but you are so right about it echoing Sneaky Clean! It has that same quality for me of really echoing great classic perfumes that my mom and other wore when I was little.

Every time I wear this I love it more. It dries down to this haunting skin musk that smells like the most awesome nurturing drama-free competence. If, you know, such a thing had a smell.

Oh, does this one smell a lot like sneaky clean, as I can not wear that one...

DD, it's not even similar to my nose.

I can't wear Sneaky Clean myself, the lilac note is headache-ville for me, but I can wear Madame Prez just fine. It's orchid in this case, which wears like a foody more than a floral. The olive blossom has a clean-ness to it, but it's also oily smelling, and that goes edible smelling on my skin too. Hope it works for you!

It dries down to this haunting skin musk that smells like the most awesome nurturing drama-free competence. If, you know, such a thing had a smell.

I could use all the drama free competence I can get!

I am so glad this concept is working for you, Black Cat, Bella and LV! Mara made magic here if we are all getting "I am a competent woman" vibe! I wish I had a lotion in this too!

I have been so down at work watching others get promoted by being uber political, spouting biz speak, etc. while I cannot help but be the authentic chaos monster I am.

Anyone know of a charm school for women executives?

Hey, DD, sorry to be confusing! It doesn't smell like Sneaky Clean to me, in terms of notes. It reminds me of it because it has the same kind of classic perfume evocation, and the same kind of effortless combination of elegance with warmth and approachability.

DD, it's not even similar to my nose.

I can't wear Sneaky Clean myself, the lilac note is headache-ville for me, but I can wear Madame Prez just fine. It's orchid in this case, which wears like a foody more than a floral. The olive blossom has a clean-ness to it, but it's also oily smelling, and that goes edible smelling on my skin too. Hope it works for you!

Mara, thanks so much, I'm so very excited about this one and I can not wait till it arrives....thanks for letting me know

Hey, DD, sorry to be confusing! It doesn't smell like Sneaky Clean to me, in terms of notes. It reminds me of it because it has the same kind of classic perfume evocation, and the same kind of effortless combination of elegance with warmth and approachability.

Thanks for letting me know, I'm excited that it has Orchid in it...love that note

Nzzzgqksfomg this is fantastic. On me it's quite sandalwood forward but a kind that I like (some are piercing or headachey or angular on me), or it's something the other notes are doing even though I don't recognize them. Wet it reminded me most of Sensual Harmony.

It is MUCH sweeter than I expected, creamy-sweet on top. If a fabric could be foody this would be it. The texture on this is INTENSE. Like if a very strong dense pale gray silk could be turned into a soft taffy or fudge.

ETA in dry down the black pepper peeks out but it's like a black pepper syrup, not sneezy powdery. My love of black pepper is borderline sexual so this additional element peeking in and out makes my eyes roll right back in my head.

This fairly screams for LFM imo. I think I need to make me a little spray......

Edited by tyvey

• 1 month later...

Ok, I was a bit nervous if this would work on me, since clean soap type scents never ever work for me... This blend is simply amazing. I love sandlewood and musk and this blend does not disappoint. It goes on like silk but kicks ass like nothing I've worn before...Love this blend so much

• 1 month later...

This showed up on etsy and I am going to need more although a little goes a long way. Benevolence. That's what this smells like. Kindness and authority. It is such a gift because things have been so bad at work since they reorganized slash demoted me. My boss is a master at micro managing while pretending to be collaborative. When I am feeling powerless and weak, I put this on and it gives me some strength. Thanks again PM!

Edited by johnsonlisa90012

• 4 months later...

Wore this to a new consulting gig and gosh.... it's so perfect for work. Starts off clean floral then goes into a nice sandalwood base for the unisex floral. 10 guys and me sitting at a table and I was confident, clean and crisp smelling and I didn't feel awkward because my entire aura was "team player." Love love love this.