Chakra Oils: Solar Plexus

Beccah

AD-Chakra5SolarPlexus.jpg

Chakra: Solar Plexus

The Solar Plexus Chakra is the exact center of the subtle body. Here lies the power and strength of your physical core, the point at which we honor our best and most powerful self, and to balance this Chakra requires the all-encompassing vibration of Yellow so that you may glow with optimism and the awareness of a keen mind. This Chakra Oil assists you in attaining an essential understanding of yourself, the courage of emotional development, aligning all the points along your path of self-realization.

Tangy grapefruit oils over lemongrass and lemon blossom on a base of soft non-foody vanilla.

• 3 weeks later...

I wore this last night while attempting to meditate to clear and balance my Solar Plexus. I say attempting because this is new to me. This oil is perfect when trying to imagine a yellow and orange ball of light in your solar plexus! I was so nervous about the grapefruit in this. It usually does not work on me AT ALL. It amps and goes all wonky and stabs my third eyeball. This one did not do any of that! It's so beautiful. The grapefruit is the most prominent scent to me, followed by the vanilla. The vanilla balances the grapefruit extremely well. YAY! A grapefruit scent I can actually wear!.

agreed, no stabby sourness or bitter peel in this grapefruit - it's extremely well behaved - first thing it reminded me of was atomic mandarin - actually thought it was manadarin! Being a food ho my nose kept wanting to push the non-foodiness of the vanilla in an ice-cream direction in its mind - to be more like a creamsicle - but as it is the non-foodiness keeps it very wearable and more like a believable skin scent, for example.

This reminds me somewhat of Embody The Tarot: The Sun in its' radiant aura, the warmth and light you can sense from it. I love grapefruit-based fragrances so it's perfect for my tastes, but I especially enjoy how all the citrus notes combine to compliment each other and add up to an overall tangy bright scent which is actually pretty robust, at least on me. Metaphysically it feels like an epiphany, and clarity.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wearing this for the first time. I needed something bright and cheery. Citrus notes are some of my truly favorite but they vex me by wearing off so quickly. The opening of this is bright and clear and sunny without being the least bit sharp or stabby. Then the blossom starts peeking through enough to add some nuance and make it more interesting. Finally the last stage is when the vanilla really starts to shine. It grounds it and makes it rounder and delicious. I love vanilla pretty much all the time but having it be the base note is a fun twist. Overall just a super happy potion. I like it quite a lot.

• 1 year later...

I am revisiting this as far as a review because it seems to be getting better with age. It seems like it's even more full bodied than it was before. It lasts quite a long time on me today as well. To me, I get the yellow sense of solar plexus immediately but as it dries down, it becomes all grapefruit on me with the vanilla as the base but it's the grapefruit that is the star. :Dancing_Grapefruit:

I love this! I feel like I have a beautiful deep golden light shining from my solar plexus. :2182: