Chakra Oils: Sacral

Beccah

AD-Chakra6Sacral.jpg

Chakra: Sacral

The Sacral Chakra represents our external connections, those concerns we face when we develop a sense of who we are in reference to others, our place in the world and what we may accomplish. This Chakra Oil glows with the confident vibration of Orange, invigorating our senses, bestowing us with enthusiasm, power and energy.

Tangerine EOs over thick sandalwood with a splash of vanilla.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the tangerine notes - I generally do whenever Mara uses tangerine - and the vanilla and sandalwood blend behind it to create an almost creamy impression which is wonderful. It is cheerful, it makes me smile, it's a great combination!

This one is another great scent! The tangerine is bright and beautiful yet the sandalwood brings it down and holds it at a good level, if that makes sense. It's not sweet. It's this perfect smooth orange. I do love citrus but there are certain ones I just cannot wear. I'm starting to believe it has more to do with what they are combined with than the citrus themselves. I'm now sort of obsessed with citrus scents OR maybe I really need to balance my Sacral Chakra. All I know is this inspired me to pull out my sample of Atomic Mandarin today.

ETA: I feel like this is a lackluster review. What I want to add is just how incredible all the chakra and elemental scents are. I'm planning on saving up funds to buy sets of all of them!

Edited by tink333

Is the sandalwood more the sand witch / unisexy kind (which is perfumey and sometimes seems sharp to/on me) or the creamy night of delight / sensual harmony kind (which seems creamy to me)?

I'm probably not the best person to answer this but I think it's the creamy kind. This seems to have more of a creaminess to it to me. Hopefully someone with more knowledge also chimes in here.

Is the sandalwood more the sand witch / unisexy kind (which is perfumey and sometimes seems sharp to/on me) or the creamy night of delight / sensual harmony kind (which seems creamy to me)?

I would classify it as a third kind, I think.

I was trying to go earthier with this set - lots of attars and EOs - and used Indian sandalwood attar and blended that with non-foody vanilla. It should read as more organic feeling than the others.

Omg this smells so damn good. The tangerine is bright but not sharp at all. Muted by the sandalwood and vanilla. It's definitely reading creamy to me. Almost but not quite dreamsicle. The sandalwood grounds it and keeps it from veering straight into foodie territory. Really gorgeous. It might be pretty light on me though. Not sure if I have my full sense of smell back from my sickness I'm getting over. But the regular LPs I have worn the last few days smelled stronger so I think this may legit be a lighter scent on me. But still totally nommy.

Okay half hour later after long dry down, the tangerine is gone as expected with citrus. The sandalwood is the most prominent note now. Boy is it a gorgeous one. Not a bit stabby or pokey. Softened and rounded out by the creamy vanilla. Lovely.

This smells very clean and sharp on me. It smells like orange rinds. Like when you accidentally eat orange rinds. I'm getting a little bit of a green scent. As it dries down the green goes away and becomes- if this were to be described in lipstick terms- matte. I don't pick up any other scents other than matte tangerine. Maybe the vanilla is helping to seem one dimensional. This almost reminds me of the sugareds. Like it's not as faceted as let's say LP Black or Red, where the notes come out at different times like the dancing sprinkler lights at the Bellagio. None of that here. It's nice, clean, and singular.

This smells very clean and sharp on me. It smells like orange rinds. Like when you accidentally eat orange rinds. I'm getting a little bit of a green scent. As it dries down the green goes away and becomes- if this were to be described in lipstick terms- matte. I don't pick up any other scents other than matte tangerine. Maybe the vanilla is helping to seem one dimensional. This almost reminds me of the sugareds. Like it's not as faceted as let's say LP Black or Red, where the notes come out at different times like the dancing sprinkler lights at the Bellagio. None of that here. It's nice, clean, and singular.

This was actually for Solar Plexus. Can someone move this please?

• 3 months later...

Sandalwood fearers, fear not-- it is smooth and velvety and voluptuous and not pointy AT ALL. My nose is absolutely convinced this is a red red rose with lemon cream, like lemon meringue pie guts with lots of whipped cream. It is swoony and sophisticated and a bit Serious. Loving it

• 11 months later...

Oh, man...I'm going through all my stuff looking for sniffies and buttercream scents for Eastwood22, and I came across this. I decided to put it on tonight. I am in love. I want to marry this scent. It was between this one and the solar plexus chakra, but this one won out because it's bedtime and the solar plexus one smelled too "wakeful."

I should know by now that if something has tangerine in it, I will love it. Mmmmm...

And then the sandalwood giving it a bit of a mystic air...help me I smell delicious.

ETA: This made me behave poorly and break my "no more perfume" promise and buy a full bottle set of the chakra oils (as well as a Pherotine sampler because I wanted the discount). But I've been good for almost a whole year...I deserve nice things...and it's been a rough year in which everyone up and died on me...

*feel free to add in excuses for me, lol*

PS--I have heard people describe scents as "chewy" before and never really understood, but to me, this was "chewy." Anyone else get that from this?

Edited by Lainey

• 7 months later...

I wore this tonight for teaching, it was the perfect follow up to Deliciae! The sacral chakra has a steady "I want" vibe to it, but I couldn't have felt more content. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/7/2018 at 8:16 PM, Eastwood22 said:

I wore this tonight for teaching, it was the perfect follow up to Deliciae! The sacral chakra has a steady "I want" vibe to it, but I couldn't have felt more content. 

Wore this for teaching again tonight, put some on right before class. A girl who was in the class before mine declared, "There she is! The girl who always smells good!" 

On 12/19/2016 at 4:50 PM, Potion Master said:

I would classify it as a third kind, I think.

I was trying to go earthier with this set - lots of attars and EOs - and used Indian sandalwood attar and blended that with non-foody vanilla. It should read as more organic feeling than the others.

This is a kind of sandalwood that I really love. The gal who smelled me from the other side of the curtain has a keen nose, and she's a resin gal. Sometimes I really enjoy what she has on, sometimes it's a little more gothy than I can pull off. (I keep my goth on top of a cupcake!) 

I had just put it on for intention, it's a heavy week, but I love it. Just like so many say, about LPMP, "I came for the pheros and stayed for the scents," that's what's happening here. I'm choosing scents for intention, and just so happen to keep smelling addictively good. If the rest of this week is an indicator, I'm going to be huffing myself non-stop.

One thing I noticed tonight, I got some green in the drydown. Like weed green! Like what I expected from And I Feel Fine or Liquid Shadow, this had a fresh fluffy green nugget vibe. Like for a moment I thought someone had spilled weed in studio or something, and then I realized it was on me. It left rather quickly after that impression. I'm not getting much tangerine, but I eat more citrus than anyone I know and I have tangerine juice on my hands and pants so maybe too much competition elsewhere.