Elementals: Air

Beccah

AD-ElementalsAir.jpg

Elementals: Air

To fly high and reside in the blue-sky realm of dreams, your imagination soaring without limits...those born under an Air sign such as Gemini, Libra and Aquarius may have an innate capacity for tuning in to creative energy and to see above and beyond the horizon, able to view the potential of tomorrow. To enter the expressive realm of Air is to raise your awareness and hone your intuition, and our ethereal Air elemental oil is designed to assist you in channeling these attributes, encouraging you to access lofty heights of potential.

Scent: Ozone and Hedione on a base of soft powdery musky vanilla.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to try out AIR today because it's windy here and I'm a Libra. Actually, I'm so excited about all of these and I couldn't really make a decision on what to try first so this is why I decided to try AIR. ?

AIR is a big blast of fresh air swirling all around you when you put it on. It was sort of a cool experience to be driving in super windy conditions while having this swirl of fresh air all around me. I almost felt like I was flying.

The ozone and hedione are powerful at first, even though this is as light as air. The vanilla is a perfect base for this. Now that it's dried down, it's still so crisp, light, and airy, but the vanilla balances out the ozone and hedione perfectly. It's so beautiful!!!

Edited by tink333

This is my surprise fave of the Elementals! It's a gorgeous wave of ozone with the hedione providing more texture than scent (to my nose). I get the same lift that tink describes. I was worried the vanilla would make it too sweet, but it doesn't. Crisp - yes! Light -- yes! Airy -- YES YES YES. Tink nailed it!

I like how the Hedione tempers the ozone in this one - which can be rather sharp to my nose at times - and keeps it light and sheer. It really is uplifting and refreshing. Hedione is really the best thing ever, I'm beginning to think it needs to be in everything now!

• 3 weeks later...

Well this is bug nuts crazy. I don't like airy notes. Or aquatic , or clean. I don't usually care for hedione either. But I like this quite a lot. It's airy and light and clean without being the slightest bit stabby. It's a soft fluffy cloud in the sky. The musk comes through right away and the vanilla is adding the plush thick cloud effect. I might need a bottle of this one. Nobody could be more surprised about than me.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a little worried about the ozone.. sometimes that can seem a little stabby to me. But this is so pretty! It's light and flowy... the vanilla smooths (why does that look wrong? smoothes?) it all out and makes it elegant. I'm wearing this with no make up except mascara and lipstick and when I catch a glimpse of myself - even in my Beastie Boys cut-up tshirt - I feel so pretty, lol...

This is going inthe soapy direction for me too. Like a nice fresh soap or clean laundry type of thing. It smells cold if that makes sense. Ozone can be stabby sometimes and this one is border-line headache for me personally ... but my nose is pretty sensitive lately.For those who like clean scents, this is a must-try!

I think I've tried a scent with ozone in it before (can't recall which), but not one with hedione. It's funny to say that I can "smell air," but inhaling it is indeed like smelling cool air with the a hint of vanilla powder. Very nice.

• 4 weeks later...

I've discovered that this is also great to pair with scents you feel are a touch too strong. I still have some Sneaky Clean left in a trial vial, and I've added this + SS4W (ratio 2/3 Air, 1/3 phero) to the vial and that has worked very nicely to take the scent down a notch.

• 3 months later...

I do not wear this one enough. It is so beautiful but somehow I forget how beautiful it truly is and so I don't wear it. I am sitting here, smelling so amazing and I keep smelling this perfume, because my fan at work is blowing directly on me so the scent is constantly swirling all around me, and I just keep thinking "Damn girl, you smell SO GOOD!" And for me, this scent makes me feel like I want to fly, which honestly I usually want to do anyway, but this reinforces that feeling to such an extent that I REALLY WANT TO FLY. I should try wearing this when I go to sleep and see if I fly in my dreams. That is such an incredible experience. There is this movement, this flow, this energy to this one, and it is so light. I love it so much!

• 1 year later...

GAH THIS IS HEAVEN

SERIOUSLY IF HEAVEN DOESNT SMELL LIKE THIS WHATS THE POINT 

ETA ok to try to be slightly more useful... This started out gorgeous and just got gorgeouser as the day wore on. It lasted surprisingly long —12 hours plus.  Wet, I could’ve sworn there was some sort of translucent white flower note – the hedione I guess — but as it dries it becomes indescribable - it has an air (ha) of having always existed and that it will forever exist.  It is THE paradigmatic skin scent to me: if I were an eternal being I would require this to be what I naturally smelled like.  

Well, this review hasn’t gotten any more useful. But I need more.

ETA pherowise this would be wonderful with lfm, pm, a-nol, levitation, OW, th, pop potion, cougar .... swoon 

Edited by tyvey

@tink333 @tyvey it's funny because I've only worn this once, and I loved it the whole time, and I had spent a day at the laundromat in it but I smelled so fresh and clean! I must bust this out again soon.

• 9 months later...

I don’t know that I have anything new to add review wise other than I feel like this beauty has aged really beautifully. It’s still light, crisp and yet still pillowy but the smooth parts are a tiny bit smoother. I think the vanilla and musk components have rounded out just a teetch. Just gorgeous.

@halo0073 I feel hot, sweaty and dirty right now, and nothing but Elementals: Air makes me feel freshly showered straight from feeling dirty! It turns me into bright white, fresh & clean linen sheets. 

You know what it's like, as far as taking me from feeling sweaty and gross to feeling freshly laundered? Elementals:Air is the equivalent of looking tired and drawn, and then transforming one's face with just the right cheerful blush.

• 2 years later...
On 2/17/2017 at 11:17 AM, Witty Kitty said:

I've discovered that this is also great to pair with scents you feel are a touch too strong. I still have some Sneaky Clean left in a trial vial, and I've added this + SS4W (ratio 2/3 Air, 1/3 phero) to the vial and that has worked very nicely to take the scent down a notch.

I went a bit overboard with Wicked the other day, it was a little much for where I was going. I busted out my Elemental: Air, a a few swipes brought everything back under control. 
It hadn’t yet made it safely back into storage when we were doing a whole house 30 minute pick-up with the kids. I popped off the rollerball (with my handy rollerball tool, wouldn’t try it otherwise), and poured a few drops into my wax warmer. That whole half of the house instantly brightened! My man’s parents came over and I feel like it made everyone’s night better. I’m a Libra and he’s a Gemini, so yes that plays a part, but I feel like it’s more like letting fresh cleansing air into the space. Really lovely on the skin or to brighten the room!

On 1/20/2022 at 6:22 AM, Eastwood22 said:

I went a bit overboard with Wicked the other day, it was a little much for where I was going. I busted out my Elemental: Air, a a few swipes brought everything back under control. 
It hadn’t yet made it safely back into storage when we were doing a whole house 30 minute pick-up with the kids. I popped off the rollerball (with my handy rollerball tool, wouldn’t try it otherwise), and poured a few drops into my wax warmer. That whole half of the house instantly brightened! My man’s parents came over and I feel like it made everyone’s night better. I’m a Libra and he’s a Gemini, so yes that plays a part, but I feel like it’s more like letting fresh cleansing air into the space. Really lovely on the skin or to brighten the room!

Damn this is good synchronicity! I literally just put this on because I’m an Aquarius and having a hard time with all of the weird energy from mercury and Venus being in retrograde. Plus all of the strange transitional energy on top of that!

I feel so calm and balanced I think I’ll keep wearing this. 

On 1/22/2022 at 5:05 AM, Vika said:

Damn this is good synchronicity! I literally just put this on because I’m an Aquarius and having a hard time with all of the weird energy from mercury and Venus being in retrograde. Plus all of the strange transitional energy on top of that!

I feel so calm and balanced I think I’ll keep wearing this. 

It’s a keeper!