Lei's Femme Fatale

Beccah

AD-PE-LeiFemmeFatale.jpg

Lei says: I'm thinking of a fragrance that would pair well with LFN. Something sexy, seductive, and provocative - a night perfume - I'm imagining a self-confident woman who's unapologetic about her looks and sex and feeling comfortable about who she is, with her image and her choices. A woman in a sleek black dress with high heels, sipping her cognac and leaving traces of her red lipstick on the glass, giving off the femme fatale vibe... I want to be able to wear something where I can feel powerful and independent and sexy and not need a guy type of vibe.

Lei gave me a lot of great note choices to play with, and I'm really thrilled with the way this came out. It's sophisticated and sultry, it cruises in and around the scent types and seems to encompass them all. A little floral, a little delicious, a little woody....here's the notes I settled on...

Ingredients: sandalwood and mahogany blended with vanilla and tonka, a dash of slightly spiced floriental musk, a little swig of black currant and a sprinkling of petals of jasmine and Bulgarian rose.

• 2 weeks later...

Mlee - you can reserve a bottle in the December PE's thread!

This is such a wonderfully unique scent, and I love it so much! It's so well-blended, opening with floral - I can't particularly pick out which floral note jumps out the most. The floral fades into a beautiful spicy vanilla scent. It feels incredibly sophisticated! Thanks so much, Mara! :) I love this, and it feels especially perfect for this time of year.

If, "hm, this is not for me" as I thought upon application, why since then have I thought swooningly "omg what is that intoxicating otherworldly smell? oh ... it's me" about fifty times since.

Wet and drying down, on me, it's booming flowers that are dark-purple (almost black), super bold and intense. It's Angelina Jolie with black hair and blood red lipstick. I might at a stretch have guessed at the jasmine but definitely not the rose. It is larger than life, overtly sexual and classically feminine. Its mood reminded me first of Dolly's Dark Side (doesn't smell like it - just the mood/vibe).

It's only been about an hour since I put it on and it has already calmed WAY down, but all perfumes are doing that on me lately because I am not hydrating or moisturizing as I should, so that may just be me. It is now powdery and slinky. It is absolutely gorgeous. Won't jump on that last FB because it is not that congruent for me and so I know I won't wear it as much as it deserves to be worn, but it's a knockout

Edited by tyvey

mlee, there's one bottle left in the December PEs thread! Hurry!

This one is gorgeous!! Soooo classic, so pretty! The florals float around, and the light woods and musk waft up gently to create this amazing air of Elegant Woman..

Mara, great job!! I think you should make more of this one!

This one is gorgeous!! Soooo classic, so pretty!

Exactly!

Usually I tend to run the other way from the sophisticated florals, but this one is so well-blended and it wears rather soft on me that I could see myself rocking it too from time to time. It has such a smooth base, like a suede or cashmere kind of feel to it, with the floral notes swirling around on top, really high-end boutique kind of thing where you're even afraid to look in the window because it might cost you. Just another example of how Mara understands every fragrance trope there ever was or will be. :D

In case anyone wants to know about cops coverage, this covered un-CB instantly and flawlessly for me. In fact it somehow made me like the scent even more, especially wet - a bright dimension that maybe the EST added

Edited by tyvey

• 1 month later...

Starting to regret not getting my oil boosted with cops. I'm going to let my oil age a bit - I only imagine it getting better with time. I have it now in spray too, and it's as lovely as the oil though it gets to the woodsy vanilla floral musk part a bit faster, which is totally fine because that's my favorite anyways. ;) Love this so much!

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Holy wow, what madness is this Femme Fatale? This has been in my collection for a while, it must've been in shock when I tried it last. Like in shock that someone parted with it! I cannot stop huffing glimpses of it's beauty as the heat lifts it off me. So lovely! And so glad I was drawn to it today!

Edited by Eastwood22