Cougar Potion (pheromone-enhanced perfume)

Guest Lor

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Well your face is amazingly gorgeous so I'm sure you could inspire jealousy Ms. Supermodel!

I AGREE!!! I am so totally jealous of Eggers!

OK, so I am posting this because I don't want any newbies to think that Cougar works ONLY on younger men. I have a client who is about 5-6 yrs older than me. I have been doing work for him for several years, and today he was coming by to finish things up. I didn't apply scented Cougar in order to elicit a reaction.....I applied it for me.....no extra cops.....just scented Cougar in oil to give me a little pick-me-up.

Well, he arrived about 30 min after I applied it, and when he got here, he started having a really DEEP convo with me about his personal life and what he is going through. When he left, he gave me a big hug, which is out of character for him. Usually, he is friendly, and we joke around, but he has never hugged me before! Very out of character. Thanked me for letting him vent.

Great hit and a really helpful heads-up/reminder. Also, digging your new avi!

Thanks.....dug this one up when I was cleaning some old stuff off of my laptop......

ETA.....He just came back by and dropped off a big fat bonus.......like more than twice his usual quarterly rate......I like that! And in response, I gave him a BIG hug!!

Edited by Dolly

Thanks.....dug this one up when I was cleaning some old stuff off of my laptop......

ETA.....He just came back by and dropped off a big fat bonus.......like more than twice his usual quarterly rate......I like that! And in response, I gave him a BIG hug!!

Wow, great stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to figure out where to post a review on the scented cougar, which I've been wearing for the last couple of days (if anyone can direct me).

Boy, I wanted to love, love, love this as I am a HUGE COUGAR. While I'm a big fan of grapefruit sprays, this smells a little too young girl/sweet at the beginning for my tastes. However, the drydown is pretty elegant. My biggest problem is that I can't smell it much 20 minutes after I spray (and I spray a lot). Seems like my skin eats it and you'd only catch a whiff if you had my arm wrapped around your neck like a python. Absolutely no linger or throw for me. The grapefruit goes away, the sparkle goes away, and I'm left with just a pretty pink sugar type of smell on my wrist.

I think the way to play this is to roll on some, and then spray over it (this requiring me to have a reason to buy more cougar potion in spray form). Any advice to make this throw more?

Maybe you need the oil to add a lasting scent and then use the spray on top of it. You will get good initial throw while the spray is around and then you'll have the oil that will give you a nice lingering version of it that is more personal but longer lasting. Just a thought.

My goodness, really? It is very strong on my and lasts for about 100 years! Could your nose just be getting used to it after a while so that is isn't as noticeable to you but might still be to those around you?

Ug! This happens to sometimes - I'm SO jealous when I know others can smell the amazingness and I get either a faint whisper or a note - or worse - lose the fragrance completely!

A spray on clothes or a scarf usually helps, so maybe a scent locket?

I've been trying to figure out where to post a review on the scented cougar, which I've been wearing for the last couple of days (if anyone can direct me).

Boy, I wanted to love, love, love this as I am a HUGE COUGAR. While I'm a big fan of grapefruit sprays, this smells a little too young girl/sweet at the beginning for my tastes. However, the drydown is pretty elegant. My biggest problem is that I can't smell it much 20 minutes after I spray (and I spray a lot). Seems like my skin eats it and you'd only catch a whiff if you had my arm wrapped around your neck like a python. Absolutely no linger or throw for me. The grapefruit goes away, the sparkle goes away, and I'm left with just a pretty pink sugar type of smell on my wrist.

I think the way to play this is to roll on some, and then spray over it (this requiring me to have a reason to buy more cougar potion in spray form). Any advice to make this throw more?

My first notion is to say try it out a few times, it may have more throw than you think.

Citrus tends to burn off faster than other notes and my skin burns it off super fast, especially grapefruit IMO. But, this one does last on me as well. It's such a pronounced scent. That said, if you like the scent and want it to last longer or have more throw you could do as NuTrix said add a bit to a scarf or somewhere on your clothing (I'm guessing you have the oil?). If you're looking for a lot of throw, you'd want a spray.

Yes, this one really sticks in clothes. I do agree that the citrus sparkle fades faster than the other elements of the perfume, but overall I do find that the overall impression of this one lasts and lasts. You could try moisturising well before you apply the oil to make sure it isn't being absorbed because your skin is dry.

I wonder if my perfume alcohol that I use is to blame. I used 2 trial vials of the scent plus 3 trial vials worth of perfumers and put it in my own atomizer. Perhaps that is to blame.

I did notice, though, that when I got a FB of a scent and mixed that myself, it seemed stronger than the trial vials.

Nevertheless, I also tried Prince and the Showgirl on my arm and that is still really viable 8 hours later and I haven't smelled even a whiff of cougar in the trail vial since morning.

Yes, this one really sticks in clothes. I do agree that the citrus sparkle fades faster than the other elements of the perfume, but overall I do find that the overall impression of this one lasts and lasts.

Yes, I have to really slather to get the first blast of grapefruit, but the long sumptuous dry down is creamy and wonderful and lasts for hours :heart:

Yes, I have to really slather to get the first blast of grapefruit, but the long sumptuous dry down is creamy and wonderful and lasts for hours :heart:

I get a lot of the musk, as well. So it becomes a sort of pink-ish creamy musk.

Edited by donsie

I wore this today. The grapefruit is in your face at first, at least for me. I like grapefruit so that's not too bad. I figure it had to be potent to help it last for more than a few minutes since citrus tends to die a quick death. It dries down to a nice smooth vanilla goodness later though. I can still smell it a bit on my clothes but it is super super faint (It is 11+ hours later though).

I tried my Cougar Potion sample again. As M said above, the grapefruit is in your first at first but it does die down quickly.

This is very faint on me too, at least my sample. Maybe if i got a FB i'd slather (like i usually do).

I do like the scent after a while when the grapefruit is not so loud.

I might consider this in spray.

I have the UN Stone Cougar and i love it. Waiting for my x2 strength FB to arrive :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have the scented Cougar as sample. I really like the grapefruit notes in it. However, I don't think the scent lasts on me very long.. I don't smell it in 2 hours much at all. So I had to reapply. I felt pretty good wearing it, confident and pretty. I read all the great reviews about the effects on others.. well I am not sure it works for me the same way :)

I tried the Cougar on my flight from USA back to Europe. The security checks in London were pretty harsh and the people doing them very really really annoyed and rude. And I had all my new stash of LP in my carry-on - but I did not put it outside the carry-on for the check in the plastic bag, I just left it in my carry-on hoping they will not notice like at the other airports..but they did notice, so they checked my carry-on really thoroughly. The officer took every single thing out one by one and wasn't nice at all. So I did not see any cougar effect on him. Well, luckily he just scolded me about not putting up the LP bottles on display (I had them also wrapped in aluminium foil and in a tin box, so that I would lessen the effects of the x-rays, just in case) ...the check took an extra 15 minutes, but at least I had all my LO bottles safe with me :)

I will have to test it more (while my sample lasts) to see the REAL cougar effects that you ladies are experiencing :)

Sometimes strangers' effects are hard to judge- for all you know these people you describe might have been even WORSE if you weren't wearing the cougar. Esp if you are new to pheros it's more reliable to test on people you already know

Sometimes strangers' effects are hard to judge- for all you know these people you describe might have been even WORSE if you weren't wearing the cougar. Esp if you are new to pheros it's more reliable to test on people you already know

I agree. One can usually better judge the effect on people you know and interact with regularly.

Edited by Dolly

Very true. Additionally you need to try a phero multiple times to witness true evidence of it's power.

For flights I like SS4W with a spray of EST or LFM. it's like hey, human decency has made a brief comeback.

Plus, don't let the Assholes get you down and trust me you haven't experienced TSA dicks until you've gone thru Reagan in DC. Hence my flight phero discoveries.

Edited by StacyK

Very true. Additionally you need to try a phero multiple times to witness true evidence of it's power.

For flights I like SS4W with a spray of EST or LFM. it's like hey, human decency has made a brief comeback.

Plus, don't let the Assholes get you down and trust me you haven't experienced TSA dicks until you've gone thru Reagan in DC. Hence my flight phero discoveries.

Ahhh, nice. Thanks for the tip, Stacy. (I live in the DC area, so I'll remember that!)

I adore sugary vanilla and grapefruit based scents, but I can only do white resins typically so I don't get stabbed in the third eye. The white amber in CP really helps the scent to stick to my skin, and I never over-apply because the scent is a great marker for amount. Like someone mentioned upthread, I think the ingredients in CP are just as effective as the Stone Cougar pheros alone. To Mara's brilliant credit, Cougar Potion is a deliciously mature pink and white scent that wears as luxuriously as a silk. I've never had a bad time when I let the Cougar out. :purr:

I FRIGGIN LOVE IT. :Emoticons04235:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ladies,

I would appreciate an advice. I am torn as whether to buy scented Cougar Potion or UN Cougar. I quite like the scent, but sometimes the grapefruit is a little bit overwhelming, so I quite like it but I am not totally in love.

But I would like to know what works for you better. I read lost of posts here and found out that sometimes the scented versions work better (although they are weaker...or maybe because of it? Or also sometimes the right scent works its magic and is as much as important as the phero itself?). So what do you think?

So basicly - does the scented cougar work for you the same as the UN cougar? or is either one better?

Also, if I get the UN Cougar in oil and make my own spray (adding perfumer's alcohol ...2/3 alcohol, 1/3 oil)....would I get the 1/3 strength? Or will I still have the stronger version even though it is dilluted with the alcohol?

thanks for sharing your experience

Also, if I get the UN Cougar in oil and make my own spray (adding perfumer's alcohol ...2/3 alcohol, 1/3 oil)....would I get the 1/3 strength? Or will I still have the stronger version even though it is dilluted with the alcohol?

If you used the Un Oil to make your spray you'd get the Un Strength 1000m

The thing with pheros and you'll find this repeated all over the fourm, less is often more.

So don't assume you're not getting enough.

In addition to Mara's enhanced fragrances having great scent/phero congruency, it's generally easier to apply the enhanced scent (with the lighter 333 or 1/3 the full phero strength) without going overboard. This is particularly true when you are newer to using pheros. If you check out the "reading room" and Dolly's pheros for newbies journal thread you'll see this explained in more detail.

So if you like the scented then go for that. that's a great place to start.

If you are not crazy for the scent or prefer the Un which will give you more variety because you can use it with different fragrances that may be a good choice. Just remember to start out using a smaller amount and slowly adjust if needed. Also note that you should try each dosage more than once to accurately test it.

Edited by StacyK

Thanks for the clarification, StacyK :)

My another experience with scented Cougar. I used it on my wrists, forearms and on pulse points on the neck (and little bit of EoW on the torso). I went for a nice dinner with my family. The restaurant was full. The waiter who was serving us was pretty nervous the whole evening, however I am not sure if it was because of me or because of the Cougar. He was smiling a lot and tried to please us, but I noticed his hands were shaking when he was pouring us the wine :)

Later I went outside of the restaurant to greet my friend and a guy (complete stranger) who was standing outside with his friends j(3 girls) just stopped talking to his friends and just stared at me..like if you stop a movie, and then he just shouted at me "You are so beautiful" ! I am not sure if I can blame this on the cougar though, since he was shouting this like 10 meters BEFORE I even approached him (and the pheros could work). On the other hand, he seemed pretty lost looking at me.. that way he looked, it just was like he was struck... I think I have never seen such a reaction.

Well, the evening went on and it was fun, but I think the biggest effect the cougar had one me ! And let me tell you... T.M.I. is nothing compared to this. I had a couple of glasses of wine (so I think the mix of cougar and alcohol was the culprit), but next day I was just like...wtf?? Did I REALLY tell my girlfriend ALL of this??... It was like truth serum (but only on me !) for real.. I told her stuff I did not even know.. and she was not even asking ! I just went on and on and was spilling all my (and other people's secrets)... well, now I know this, I will be much more careful. I was careful when wearing T.M.I. and I was fine, because I knew this could happen (and didn't). But in this case, I wasn't prepared ...so from now on, I will be prepared that ANY phero MIGHT have this truth serum effect on me, just to be on the safe side :)

Lol! I think it may have been the combo of alcohol & Pheros. There are reports of how pheros make some people more susceptible to the effects of booze.

What you just described is exactly why I don't do TMI. It effects me far more than anyone else in the room, no thanks. :) I'm chatty I don't need that extra push.

Part of the whole phero experience, are all the experiments we do when we are testing these out. :)

Edited by StacyK

Guest cutie.pie

thanks for sharing your experience

Hey Blanche!

There's a thread in my journal in which I quoted posts about stuff like this, so, if you wanf, check it out: http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=10030&do=findComment&comment=383999 ;)

Hello Cutie Pie :)

thanks, actually I have already seen your thread and it was very helpful to me ! Everything in one place :) That is how I made my own spray. I just cannot get my head around the strength.. I would think that if I dilute the pheros I would get weaker mix.. I honestly don't understand that if I mix pheros with alcohol, I will still have the 100 % strength instead of the 1/3 strength :)

Maybe this will help some.

There are approx. 200 drops of oil in a 10ml bottle of LP perfume oil.

A 1oz bottle (30ml) will yield approx. 200 sprays.

If we take a 10ml bottle of oil and pour it into a 1oz spray bottle and mix it with 20ml of perfumer's alcohol, we get the same number of "doses", regardless of whether it is 10ml oil or 1oz spray.

You will be getting the equivalent of 1 drop of oil from a 10ml bottle = 1 spray from a 30ml (or 1oz) bottle.

It's a volume thing ^_^ A drop of oil is thicker and dense, the spray is just the drop of oil diluted in a fine mist :)

Edited by NuTrix

Hello Cutie Pie :)

thanks, actually I have already seen your thread and it was very helpful to me ! Everything in one place :) That is how I made my own spray. I just cannot get my head around the strength.. I would think that if I dilute the pheros I would get weaker mix.. I honestly don't understand that if I mix pheros with alcohol, I will still have the 100 % strength instead of the 1/3 strength :)

Blanche, I wouldn't know how to explaine it further. My suggestion, post your last comment on the "ask Mara" thread. Get it straight from the source. :)

• 3 weeks later...

So big time Cougar hit.

I was craving fish, I admit it, fried fish. There's this place not far and I went to get some.

I had applied scented Cougar, one big spray with two swipes of the scented oil on my wrists. All topped off with one spray of Un Cougar.

This place is usually packed, line out the door ect. I go in, no one but me a the 3 guys that work there. It's a small place BTW. I order and the guy was super chatty, they are very matter of fact this is unusual. I turn to the fridge to grab some coleslaw, tartar.. The one older guy, I saw looking at me while my back was turned, says to me go ahead and take what you like. take more of the salads, have you tried the macaroni? I said no, then "ok thanks" he was all try this & that so I leave with 4 containers of salads free, I paid for my fish. While waiting for my fish, another young guy comes out and starts in "Hi" how's your day going"? ect and goes on & on. They were all so interested in me, making sure I was happy and chatty.

It was just a bit disconcerted when I realized oh yeah I'm blasting them with Cougar.

Well I think I found my sweet spot!!! :)

Edited by StacyK

Nice hit StacyK! :) I wore some 2 x Stone Cougar the other day and the CT tech was REALLY friendly with me. Just really cheery and going out of his way to be helpful. We then went out to run a few errands and have dinner and everyone we ran into was just being over the top NICE! On the way out of the restaurant, there was a young couple coming in and first the man held the door for me, then the woman. It was really nice! people around here are just not typically that friendly. Thank you, Stone Cougar!

• 2 weeks later...

^^Thanks Rose!!! :)

Back again. Damn... Dr Stone & Mara!! Wow WTH is it? I must be hitting the sweet spot with this.. and hitting it good.

I've been using Un Cougar with the Orchid & Magnolia Fairy Cakes. When I first tried the Mag FC my brain said "you need Un Cougar for this!" It was a very strong inclination. So I got it with my Fairy Cakes. IDK Y there's a part of me that said but these are not Cougar scents. But instinct won out.

The hits I get are far more frequent and harder that I got with the scented (which is still a fav). I know dose has much to do with it but I swear those FCs carry a very interesting message with the Stone Cougar. VERY INTERESTING LADIES!!

So it's first big hit, the tollway food stop. The young guys working at this smoothie place.. typical.. meh.. uhh ..whattt..attitude, not bad just the "whatever" thing those guys exude. Then.. hello Cougar!! Mr ..uh what oh ok.. is all up in my face and giving me my boosts for free and a free extra smoothie as well. Plus giving my girls all the extras ect. The girl at the coffe place became all smiles and asked if the girls (with me) wanted a samples of the coffee thing she's going to make. When they declined she smiled and gave us cookies :)

It was the same everywhere. On the fourth the restaurant we went to was busy but the hostess got very helpful, out of nowhere for us. Let us choose our table ect.. Young male waiter, very overwhelmed, totally "in the weeds" but sweet and very attentive.

The place (another restaurant) where we had planed to go by the beach to sit and have drinks/dessert & watch the fireworks was very busy. I had put us down 2 hours prior so we'd be seated at 8:45'is just in time for the fireworks. The guy was super nice & helpful..

When we got there they had switched from the iPad (that died) to paper for the wait list. Orig guy not around but the girl there couldn't find up. She was very apologetic and the Mgr came by to say sorry, but we believe you here take this table. Right up front. Later, other guy stopped by to say sorry but he was glad they took care of us.. ect

Had just a super cutie of a waiter from Cork, IRE. OMG.. Just a touch to young for me but still so very charming and drool worthy. The girls were all a twitter and smiley/giggles. Just LOVE everywhere. :heart::)

Everyone just giving that "little extra something" to me.

Edited by StacyK

So similar to the effects that I got Stacyk! Gotta love this stuff! :)

Yes!! You got the 2X right? That's next in my list.. well in awhile. I need mo $$ first :lol:

But OMG.. did those floral Fairy Cakes work for you? OMG The 1,2 punch of that combo.. chills on how amazing it is.

Yes! I got 2X. Totally worth it! I only got the Gardenia in Fairy Cakes. It did not work well with my skin. It came off smelling oddly like root beer??? Elizabeth OSP got the same thing from it, but thanks for reminding me since I need to revisit this one and see if that passed as it did for her. I do love Gardenia and like you, Magnolia! :)