Cuddle Musk w/ Perfect Match

AD-CuddleMusk-SM.jpg

EGYPTIAN MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
POWDERED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please review this? :) I just wanted an opinion before placing my order..contemplating a spray in it...

Can someone please review this? :) I just wanted an opinion before placing my order..contemplating a spray in it...

I'm sure someone will review when they get their's. You can always order a sample first.

I'm sure someone will review when they get their's. You can always order a sample first.

yeah...I am ordering a sampler of the NRs....it seems like it would be a "love" for me when looking at notes, but I hate to invest in a spray of it without reading any reviews or getting a feel for how it smells..guess I will just get the sampler for now and maybe a bottle next month...:)

Okay so this is very clean and sheer - it's that vanilla/sandalwood thing so many of us love, but with a much lighter touch to it, I would say. I want to say it's almost like a French Musk for guys. I love the Egyptian Musk varieties Mara uses, so that is the heart of it, with the other notes interwoven throughout, with no one characteristic dominating. This is something you could wear anytime, although it has more of a daytime casual vibe to me. It's one of those if you don't know what to wear, wear this kind of scents. It's a clean cotton sheets and fluffy blanket kind of cuddliness. Like with many other of Mara's musk variants this one is just perfect!

Okay so this is very clean and sheer - it's that vanilla/sandalwood thing so many of us love, but with a much lighter touch to it, I would say. I want to say it's almost like a French Musk for guys. I love the Egyptian Musk varieties Mara uses, so that is the heart of it, with the other notes interwoven throughout, with no one characteristic dominating. This is something you could wear anytime, although it has more of a daytime casual vibe to me. It's one of those if you don't know what to wear, wear this kind of scents. It's a clean cotton sheets and fluffy blanket kind of cuddliness. Like with many other of Mara's musk variants this one is just perfect!

Thanks, Luna, for reviewing this....one question...is it the same vanilla as used in Sensual harmony? I can't wear non foody vanilla and Mara, I have noticed, distinguishes whether or not it is non-foody. I just wanted to make sure of this before ordering a FB...it sounds like a scent I will love!!! So excited about these NRs...so many that seem like they will be loves!! :)

Thanks, Luna, for reviewing this....one question...is it the same vanilla as used in Sensual harmony? I can't wear non foody vanilla and Mara, I have noticed, distinguishes whether or not it is non-foody. I just wanted to make sure of this before ordering a FB...it sounds like a scent I will love!!! So excited about these NRs...so many that seem like they will be loves!! :)

Birkeys, this is not my "non-foody" vanilla, this is the one I often call my soft or powdery vanilla and pretty much every time I use it the blend is a gigantic hit. I think you'll like this one very much.

Birkeys, this is not my "non-foody" vanilla, this is the one I often call my soft or powdery vanilla and pretty much every time I use it the blend is a gigantic hit. I think you'll like this one very much.

You have sold me, Mara, lol (didn't take much persuading ;))....I am going to get a FB! Thanks for responding...:)

Wow, when I first put this on, I couldn't imagine it as something a guy could wear -- it echoed so many of my favorite "white" scents which to me always read as ultra-feminine. The longer it dried though, and the more I sniffed, I came to realize that DUDES EVERYWHERE should be wearing this, because it will truly make you the Cuddle Whisperer! Like Luna said, so clean and fresh and light -- definitely has freshly laundered vibe (without being in the least bit soapy). Despite a tiny hint of sweetness, it's absolutely unisex. It's soooooo congruent with Perfect Match! And it's perfect for the ladies as well, bringing the same freshly washed oh this? it's not perfume, just me smelling naturally phenomenal kind of vibe.

Edited by Black Cat

Yeah, this definitely has the vibe of "me, just better" going on.

Ok this sounds like super dumb, but the whole day I was sniffing this on my wrist, I kept thinking I had smelled it before. Like it just reminded me of something in my past. And then I figured out for some reason, the drydown reminds me a lot of Abercrombie's Fierce (for men) cologne, which my high school boyfriend wore and I still absolutely adore as a scent. It also has oakmoss and musk as a basenote, so that's probably where I'm getting the association from...

I really like this one and feels like it leans a bit more masculine - it's fresh, warm, and clean without being soapy, like Black Cat described.

EDIT: 24 hours later, I can still smell this on my wrist.

Edited by Midnight Requiem

I want to love this, since Perfect Match is one of my favorites! I'm getting a Spider Silk vibe... a unisex version. Lots of powdered sugar and white musk. The only thing that keeps me from being head over heels is that sometimes too many of those powdery notes can give me a headache. The longer this wears, the more I like it. And so far, no headache!

Yep Hearts I was just coming to say the same thing about Spider Silk. I smell the nommy vanilla in this for half a second before the musk hits. And the powdered sugar. It's not super stabby but it is sharp enough for me to not like it. It's like a sharp warmness. Which makes sense to me but probably not anyone else. Lol

This reminds me so much of Portmantaue. I probably butchered the spelling, and I'm super lazy to look it up right now.

The musk is identical to Port, I did start to get a bit of a headache after 20 minutes and it's probably due to the musk being Egyptian musk, which is strange because I swore this was french musk. I think maybe the oakmoss tricked me. Egyptian musk will give me a headache 97.9% of the time. It's very cozy though, and I love Perfect Match. It feels like a nice evening in. I'm starting to like the more masculine scents these days, I still enjoy my girlie slut cupcake scents, but I have been reaching more and more for the more masculine ones. I could see myself wearing this a lot more if it didn't give me a headache. I have also been super stressed so I will try again in a week to see what happens.

Okay Mel, I take it back: there is a similarity between Unisexy 2014 and Cuddle Musk although I'd say Cuddle Musk is still more sheer and the sandalwood is not as prominent as it is in Unisexy.

Just received my samples on Friday and of course this was the first I tried...I want to wear it a few more times before giving a full review, but it is a love for me!! When first applied it reminded me of EGG (anyone else?), but, once dry, it morphs...it is very light...I'm so glad I listened to Mara and got a fb spray in it...have a feeling I will be buying some backups...still trying the rest of the NRs and I have to say Mara outdid herself...there will be many loves!!! :)

Just received my samples on Friday and of course this was the first I tried...I want to wear it a few more times before giving a full review, but it is a love for me!! When first applied it reminded me of EGG (anyone else?), but, once dry, it morphs...it is very light...I'm so glad I listened to Mara and got a fb spray in it...have a feeling I will be buying some backups...still trying the rest of the NRs and I have to say Mara outdid herself...there will be many loves!!! :)

I totally get the Egg comparison.

Love the notes but this is too sheer on me. Maybe just a good cover for the pheromones until it warms up here a bit and the notes come out more. Lasts though! Woke up and it's still there after 8 hours!!

Edited by johnsonlisa90012

• 1 month later...

I just got a sample of this and I'm really digging it. The smell reminds me of Autumn Wishes, but cleaner, although I can't double check because I can't find that sample right now.

Anyway, this smells like the first time you hang laundry outside on an early spring day. It has a fresh, cool, almost outdoorsy kind of sent. I don't mean it actually smells like being outside in nature, I mean that it is so fresh that it makes me want to go outside. Although a very white and powdery musk scent is definitely also present. So, I guess what I'm saying is that this smells like warm skin and cool, fresh laundry :)

If I had to say what Cuddle Musk smells like to me in one word, I would say it smells like possibility

I didn't initially see how this could be a masculine scent, or even a cuddly sort of scent, at all until I read Black Cat's comment above. She's right. Any man who smelled like this would be someone I would be very willing to cuddle!

I like the Perfect Match also. I have limited experience with this phero and it is not one I have ever worn out and about. But today I wore it out running errands with my daughter around town and I ran into loads of people that I knew, almost all of whom (especially the men) wanted to stay and chat with me until I actually had to excuse myself.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So I got a sample of this during the sale, and I have tried it a couple of times just for sniffing. But today, I got the bright idea to pair it with PheroGirl because I REALLY want to hit the TG with some PM and serious cops at some point. Oh. My. They meld together WONDERFULLY from a scent perspective. I cannot wait to have the opportunity to try this. He has always responded well to PM and I have worn it with Aphrodisia before, but as the weather cools down and fall comes in, this just feels RIGHT.