Sable Vert w/ Alpha Nol & Hedione

AD-SableVert-SM.jpg

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
GREEN TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
(HEDIONE) JASMINE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the Green Tea aspect of this scent but something - the Jasmine maybe - comes across as kinda soapy on my skin. That soapiness dies back after an hour leaving just a nice green kind of scent, but for that first hour the "soapiness" is kind of strong on me.

This is definitely unisex in my opinion, so I encourage anyone who is curious to try it!

I was fascinated by this one - not only because of the name (which was so evocative to me), but there was something about the combination of notes on paper which really piqued my interest. Green tea is a great pairing for a-nol (i.e. Elevation Potion) and the blend of sandalwood is satiny smooth underneath - if I can wear this then you know it's good (because sandalwood can be a migraine trigger for me sometimes). There is a hint of floweriness from the hedione, but it's so very slight I would say that the guys shouldn't let that deter them from trying it (and QG that's too bad it went soapy on you, it's usually very airy/sparkly on me). It's almost like just another accent in the tea accord to me. I think this one turned out really beautiful, and it's the kind of scent which has a kind of upbeat aura that anyone could wear, but I can see why it's categorized for guys, because it's clean and smooth and linear.

ETA: it takes on a bit of a powdery feel in the long drydown, but still very smooth.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Perfect wore this yesterday - upon application, he said it smelled citrusy, which I would say is the green tea. I didn't smell him right away, but it lasted for hours and hours, and he smelled AMAZING that night!

• 2 months later...

I quite enjoy this fragrance. It's slightly herbal with rich earthy sandalwood and the floral element of jasmine without being too floral, it just seems to add a zesty kick. It is such a smooth blend, becoming powdery throughout wear, which I really like.

• 5 months later...