Beccah

Winter in the Tropics w/ La Femme Mystere

AD-WinterintheTropics-SM.jpg

GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully 'magnetic' for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.
PIKAKE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
PLUMERIA ~ Love, strong ingredient for love spells.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.
THISTLE ~ Wards off thieves, aids recuperation, courage, strength, protection, hex-breaking, healing.

Mmmm, I wasn't sure what to expect since these are notes I am less familiar with. It's not a Me scent but it's really lovely! It's soft creamy floral, quite elegant, but the grasses and thistle keep it from being too sweet and smooth, and the ginger adds just a little warmth. Interestingly I get a non-tropical beachy vibe from it -- it makes me think of Nantucket, and I can almost hear the rustling of beach grass. Very congruent with LFM -- it's not formal, but it's casual in the way that a 1.5 million dollar beach house is casual, lol.

it's casual in the way that a 1.5 million dollar beach house is casual, lol.

:lol:

Like diamonds and denim?

Yeah, I was going for cold air tropical...like a cool night or winter in the tropics, in my mind anyway.

Like diamonds and denim?

See that's how Sparkle and Shine feels to me.

:lol:

Like diamonds and denim?

Yeah, I was going for cold air tropical...like a cool night or winter in the tropics, in my mind anyway.

YES EXACTLY!

Cool night in the tropics is not something I ever envisioned and it's brilliant!

I love the long drydown of this... the floral recedes further and further into the background and the other notes lend it a very noir-ish quality. This is powerful stuff and works so well with the LFM Queenly vibe!

...it's casual in the way that a 1.5 million dollar beach house is casual, lol.

Yep. That's how LFM always feels to me.

It that "WOW" boost. The feeling you have after being discovered at a soda fountain, whilst ditching high school.

Gardenia always smells a little odd on me. It smells like something that shouldn't happen. To me, this was cold, like hospital or morgue cold. I don't know how cold a morgue is, but I imagine it to be cold like at my place of employment, since we are all just really dead men walking there. Anyhow initially it was cold and a bit chemical smelling to me, but as it dried down, it turned creamy, and elegant.

It was a complete transformation. The gardenia became softer, stayed in the background while the plumeria and ginger blended together to create this creamy lush effect. Very pretty. It reminded me of Duke's in Malibu. Expensive and fancy for Sunday brunch, but if you got directly to the bar, its affordable and the food is so much better. Plus you can be drunk and dirty- and at the beach! Overall perfect for Spring/Summer.

I can see why Mara wanted to pair this one with LFM, it's so lovely and romantic. I really love the blending of the floral elements, with the gardenia as the heart note. In the long drydown I get a bit of the ginger but this is mostly lush voluptuous full-bloom gardenia on me with just a bit of the sweetness of the pikaki and plumeria. Tropical florals usually end up going KAPOW! on me anyway. But I don't get a cool/cold feeling from it, I was really interested in what that might be.

This one reminded me of leilani! Which is one of my absolute favorites. This one is just a little more lush! I see that there is no coconut in this, which is crazy! My mind must just associate coconut so strongly with the tropical vibe that it is filling that scent in! I also didn't get the cool feeling... but I didn't take it on a full ride yet either. I think I will get a second trial vial of this one just in case it sells out and I fall utterly in love.

I put this on & I could've sworn this was a fruit scent, but then I was like "this is a really perfume-y fruit." Very lovely & classy.

What could I be amping in this that is giving me a "bug spray" type scent? I want to love this. Possibly will try it at a different TOM, think I'm a bit PMS-y and maybe that is causing it? I can't see anything in it that would cause me to perceive it like that...

Wait a week and try again. You might be surprised.

Wait a week and try again. You might be surprised.

Actually, after a few hours it mellowed nicely into a great floral ?

Winter in the Tropics on me is like a cool breeze filling the air with tropical floral notes. It's cool and has an almost ozonic feel, yet has great longevity and throw. For me it is very perfume-y and romantic. I love this fragrance!

I'm not the biggest gardenia fan... and the gardenia is very prominent in the beginning. But after it dries down a bit, the other notes come forward and it has a very cool feel to it, and is much softer.

I love gardenia, so this is my favorite LFM scent so far :hearts04276:

This starts as a delicate, grassy coconut with a not very strong magnolia note. This is very feminine which is usually not me. It reminded me of Mr. Bubble, the bubble bath from my childhood due to the gardenia note. It is not your typical tropical scent, but yet it smells beachy. It brings to mind a night-time setting with cool beachy air and I am thinking Cape Cod beach with the fence and beachgrass setting, not a California beach. I really like the dried grasses aspect to it and pikake due to representing self-confidence and anxiety reduction. I smell a sweet amber poking through.

Then the gardenia and plumeria take over. I do enjoy the ginger and grasses. But the plumeria/floral really amps and starts bothering me. I feel it has a lot of throw. It does sweeten up longer in the drydown, but it just isn’t a “me” scent. I do like the fact that it is extremely unique and totally conveys its title better than any other scent I’ve been scented with!

Love it.

Gardenia has an intense feminity that I don't necessarily share, but I think it's a great clean and approachable social scent. It's a good scent for my current evening plans, sitting next to my man at the stage sound desk for a sit down show in a fancy night club in a wealthy town. (I sent him to work in Kingmaker, also setting appropriate.)

If I knew a very sophisticated young lady, maybe 18-24 years old, I would give it to her as a present. I'd like to think my daughter will smell like this when she starts dating someday, but I imagine she'll smell like Sour Skittles, Leather, metal shavings and motor oil.

Next time I make it to Maui, I'll drench myself in this gardenia and plumeria concoction after showering, put on a gorgeous dress and take my sunburned ass to a very expensive restaurant and eat macadamia encrusted mahi-mahi. Other couples in the restaurant will envy us because we clearly enjoy each others company more than they do. And later that night, we'll eat candied coconut that we bought on road to Hana naked in bed, and the gardenia and plumeria will have faded but there will still be ginger.

Edited by Eastwood22

Love it.

Gardenia has an intense feminity that I don't necessarily share, but I think it's a great clean and approachable social scent. It's a good scent for my current evening plans, sitting next to my man at the stage sound desk for a sit down show in a fancy night club in a wealthy town. (I sent him to work in Kingmaker, also setting appropriate.)

If I knew a very sophisticated young lady, maybe 18-24 years old, I would give it to her as a present. I'd like to think my daughter will smell like this when she starts dating someday, but I imagine she'll smell like Sour Skittles, Leather, metal shavings and motor oil.

Next time I make it to Maui, I'll drench myself in this gardenia and plumeria concoction after showering, put on a gorgeous dress and take my sunburned ass to a very expensive restaurant and eat macadamia encrusted mahi-mahi. Other couples in the restaurant will envy is because we clearly enjoy each others company more than they do. And later that night, we'll eat candied coconut that we bought on road to Hana naked in bed, and the gardenia and plumeria will have faded but there will still be ginger.

Love this review! :D

Love this review! :D

Thanks! Let's meet up on a double date at that restaurant in Maui sometime.

Thanks! Let's meet up on a double date at that restaurant in Maui sometime.

I've never been to Maui. Done! ;)

Thanks Halo. You are very kind. I'm not able to pick out individual notes very often, mostly just a few categories and degrees of like and dislike. But gardenia and plumeria are distinctive and easy. I am thinking more about identifying scents, but more so just noticing odors in general. This morning I kept getting an unpleasant whiff on something and realized it was my face cream! It does have a bad smell when it first goes on, but I've never noticed I later in the day. I think maybe I need to keep some Odalisque in between my boobs in case I never need to have a yummy chaser to a bad smell in my environment. Or on my face.

Edited by Eastwood22

I smelled this from the vial without looking at the ingredients.

I got a fruit scent like Beccah did. Then I stroked it on with my finger and still fruity. Then I looked at the ingredients. No fruit...Really?

Then-the dry down. Ahh...all my favorite flowers in one scent! Gorgeous. So much that I want to wear this for my wedding in a few days!

I need mucho bottles of this one! Making my order soon.

The reactions:

Selfies-I feel like a goddess that can do no wrong. It gives me ultimate confidence. This is MY popularity potion. It soothes my anxiety too. I really needed this.

Others-People treated me different. I mean they treat me like I'm important and want to be around me.People are falling all over wanted to do stuff for me. I admired a woman's bracelet and she gave it to me. Wouldn't take no for an answer!

Wow this stuff is ALL THAT. LFM is going to always be in my scent closet in any way shape or form.

Yesssss! LFM is my Popularity Potion as well. Its great for getting good deals and stellar service while shopping. Im not surprised someone gave you their bracelet, thats a perfect example of a LFM hit. People treat you like you are royalty.

Yesssss! LFM is my Popularity Potion as well. Its great for getting good deals and stellar service while shopping. Im not surprised someone gave you their bracelet, thats a perfect example of a LFM hit. People treat you like you are royalty.

LOL! Got to have more more more!

I didn't care for this one wet, but it is sooo great after few hours. I just love it. And people also love me when I am wearing this. I got a free glass of wine from the waiter :)