So excited to be here!

Tinkerbelle

I have been a long time user of essential oils and flower essences,etc. For both wellness and enjoyment purposes. In doing research about essential oils I ran across a lot of information about pheromones which eventually led me here. I have been reading the message boards to learn more for a short while and finally decided I need to jump in and try the products as well as engage and try to learn more from you all. I'm so excited to see how the different products work for me. I will probably be posting more details in the journal section for privacy purposes and then referring to that for some advice from the more long-term and experienced users here. I really look forward to hearing from you guys.

Welcome, and enjoy! Ask away, we are here to help!!

Without a lot of details in looking for my "personal" fave, I was wondering about a couple of things.

#1 - When looking at ingredients, are they listed in order of how much is in there? For example, if cops is listed last, is that the least prominent in the formula? Or is there no rhyme and reason to how they are listed?

#2 - Do any of you ever cover unscented pheros with just pure essential oils and not a fragrance or perfume specifically made here? I have TOOOOOONS of essential oils already, and though I do want to sample the scents here, I just wondered if mixing them with my own concoctions was wise.

Without a lot of details in looking for my "personal" fave, I was wondering about a couple of things.

#1 - When looking at ingredients, are they listed in order of how much is in there? For example, if cops is listed last, is that the least prominent in the formula? Or is there no rhyme and reason to how they are listed?

#2 - Do any of you ever cover unscented pheros with just pure essential oils and not a fragrance or perfume specifically made here? I have TOOOOOONS of essential oils already, and though I do want to sample the scents here, I just wondered if mixing them with my own concoctions was wise.

The thing with pheromones is that one drop of one ingredient may be equivalent to 30 drops of another in potency. So, unless you are a phero scientist, order of ingredients (or even specific amount of each ingredient) really doesn't tell you much. The blends here have been formulated by top-notch scientists with years in the industry, so they know what works and what doesn't. You just have to try them and see. It will take time and testing to find out dosages that work for you. Not every blend works for every person. Some people are more sensitive to certain -mones. I have been using them since around 2002 or 2003, and I still learn something new almost every day!

And one thing to bear in mind as you start out is that, with pheromones, more is not always better. Sometimes more is just, well......MORE.

As far as cover scents, there are ladies and gents here who do use primarily scents that they already own. I would NOT start off with mixing the essentials oils WITH the pheros, until you get the hang of which ones work for you and which ones don't. The main thing is to apply the unscented pheros, let them dry down, and then apply your choice of scent. Unscented doesn't necessarily mean "UNSCENTED".....it just means no scent ADDED. Some of the pheros can be stinky, and they NEED a cover. Others, not so much.

GOOD LUCK!!

The thing with pheromones is that one drop of one ingredient may be equivalent to 30 drops of another in potency. So, unless you are a phero scientist, order of ingredients (or even specific amount of each ingredient) really doesn't tell you much. The blends here have been formulated by top-notch scientists with years in the industry, so they know what works and what doesn't. You just have to try them and see. It will take time and testing to find out dosages that work for you. Not every blend works for every person. Some people are more sensitive to certain -mones. I have been using them since around 2002 or 2003, and I still learn something new almost every day!

And one thing to bear in mind as you start out is that, with pheromones, more is not always better. Sometimes more is just, well......MORE.

As far as cover scents, there are ladies and gents here who do use primarily scents that they already own. I would NOT start off with mixing the essentials oils WITH the pheros, until you get the hang of which ones work for you and which ones don't. The main thing is to apply the unscented pheros, let them dry down, and then apply your choice of scent. Unscented doesn't necessarily mean "UNSCENTED".....it just means no scent ADDED. Some of the pheros can be stinky, and they NEED a cover. Others, not so much.

GOOD LUCK!!

Ok, that makes perfect sense. I was asking mostly because of some of the women's formulas that have a "men's" pheromone in them....like Super Sexy...has the androstanone...and it is listed last, so it made sense in my brain that it might be the least prominent phero in the mixture. Having not experimented with them before, I obviously don't know enough about how a male phero might work in a predominantly "female" mixture.

Ok, that makes perfect sense. I was asking mostly because of some of the women's formulas that have a "men's" pheromone in them....like Super Sexy...has the androstanone...and it is listed last, so it made sense in my brain that it might be the least prominent phero in the mixture. Having not experimented with them before, I obviously don't know enough about how a male phero might work in a predominantly "female" mixture.

Women give off "male" pheros too.....but in lesser amounts. AndrostAnone is much less "aggessive male" than AndrostEnone, for instance.

Most humans give off both "male" and "female" pheromones, just in varying ratios....2 of the exceptions being Est, which is ONLY female, and copulins....again, only females.

Here is the link to the Phero Wiki, in the reading room......if you haven't read it yet, it may be helpful.

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/reading_room/articles/PheroWiki

Edited by Dolly

:smilies-23596:

Hi Tinkerbelle, I similarly found LPMP while doing personal research on pheromones. I have been pretty amazed so far.

I also have previous interests in essential oils and vibrational remedies. So, nice to meet you there as well.

I look forward to reading your trial results!

Edited by Ivysaur

Thanks, all! I changed my username for privacy reasons...don't know why I thought the first one was smart. ;) Oh well...I am putting together my first order of samples. I really want to try out a variety of things, so I will be getting the scented ones for that purpose. Do you guys think that if a particular scent isn't pleasing, I could change it up a bit on my own? For instance, I really want to try Gotcha! but I can only sample it in a scent. I am thinking of doing the Honeyed LP with Gotcha!, but I have read how the honey doesn't always work well with some people. Do you think if that happens, I can cover it by adding vanilla or some other foodie type essential oil? I'm not necessarily a honey fan to begin with, but it might be ok on me. I don't want something super strong because of the settings I will be wearing it in.

Thanks!!

Idk, about the honey. You won't know until you try. I will say that if a honey doesn't work for me, it tends to amp to high heaven on my skin. Maybe citrus can help offset what's going wrong, but usually when a honey goes bad on my skin; it will not be ignored! :lol:

However, you're in luck! It's the most wonderful time of the year here at LP, well one of them; it's Pherotine. There are plenty of non-honey scented samples of Gotcha to be had. (Along w/ all the other pheromones.)

Idk, about the honey. You won't know until you try. I will say that if a honey doesn't work for me, it tends to amp to high heaven on my skin. Maybe citrus can help offset what's going wrong, but usually when a honey goes bad on my skin; it will not be ignored! :lol:

However, you're in luck! It's the most wonderful time of the year here at LP, well one of them; it's Pherotine. There are plenty of non-honey scented samples of Gotcha to be had. (Along w/ all the other pheromones.)

Thank you! How do I find the other samples? When I search the website for Gotcha!, I only find the honeyed LP and the one with AJA.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I wanted to check back in with the few reviews I have. I haven't tried everything yet and have ordered a bunch more. :D

So far I have tried Gotcha!, Sexology, MRF alone and MRF with a dab of LAM.

I have tried Gotcha! on three separate days, and each time, I felt like it made me slightly more emotional. I REALLY want this to be one I can work with, so I am waiting to try it again later.

I have only tried Sexology once and I think I got a slight selfie in that I felt turned on in the first hour of using it....with no reason outside of the phero....but that died off fairly quickly. I was only around a few men later that evening and didn't see a response, but it wasn't exactly the environment that I would have expected much.

Both the Gotcha! and Sexology are unscented and I wore them with cover scents I already had.

As for MRF....I LOOOOOOVE the scent! When I wear that, I feel good about myself...whether it is pheros or the scent or both...I adore it. And ordered a full bottle. I did not, however, see any reactions with it outside of the house. At least not on it's own.

One day I decided to just try MRF and LAM together since I had read about several people doing that. And my babies' daddy told me that day that I smelled like maple syrup. He liked it, but I didn't really see anything else in him that I'd consider a "hit." However, I was out shopping and I was not at a store where you typically get great service....a discount store...and most of the workers there tend to just be there doing their job - not making friends with customers. But I did have two different men go above and beyond to ask me if I needed help and give me their names. My first thought was, their management must have given them a lesson in customer service. But one of them walked away from what he was doing (stocking items in another section) to ask if I needed help. And again, I didn't think TOO much about it at first but when I noticed he was continually looking at me as I moved around in his line of vision (which was awhile as I was contemplating a furniture purchase)....I decided it HAD to be the MRF and LAM. He was considerably younger than me and I surely wasn't looking grand. So I am chalking that up to a hit.

It is hard for me to gauge hits because right now, I spend a lot of time alone when working and only see a decent amount of people a couple of days a week. And I don't spend a lot of time out and about, though I am going to have to make myself go out to lunch or something to see if I can gauge any micro responses or head turns...etc. I will be going out with friends tomorrow night and I am trying to decide what to try. I really just want someone to flirt with me as a goal for tomorrow evening. lol...I am pretty easy to please right now. When I am with my target, I have an entirely different goal, but he won't be there tomorrow night.

I know everyone is different, but for those who DO experience selfies, does that seem to be the point where you get the most reactions from others, as well? I want to be able to find my sweet spot and that is hard when I am presently not around people who I would try to get the flirty/sexual response from on a regular basis. So if that is a semi-reasonable gauge, it is something I could shoot for at home...see if I get the selfies before using those few times I do have to gauge the other person's response. I hope that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I am going to give Gotcha another go today. I have given it a few weeks to try to get to a different place cycle wise and emotionally. So far I think I MIGHT have gotten a hit from BANG!, a fairly obvious hit, at least I think so, with MRF a few weeks ago. And I wore some BAM around my babies' daddy last night...not intentionally for him...it just worked out that way...and he got a little more peeved than usual. He is pretty grumpy anyway, but he was just ILL last night. I am guessing the cops messed with him. Not sure if the testosterone increase confused him, if he felt attraction and didn't want to face it, or if it was just that increase in general that made him angrier than usual.

Anyway...I am testing the Gotcha today without anyone in mind, just to see if I can wear it without getting emotional like before. If I can, I may use it on my target next time I know I will see him.

• 3 months later...