Tinkerbelle

Acronym mania!! Is there a thread for this?

Hi guys and gals. I have searched and been unable to find an actual list of the acronyms that are so commonly used here. Some of them become obvious after reading a few threads, but some still elude me. Even though I can get the general idea from context, I do think it would be awesome if we had a list in one place. :) If there is one already, can someone point me to it? If not, can we start one here? I will even be glad to list the ones I know and let people add on if there isn't one. I just don't want to do all of that if I am duplicating something that is posted elsewhere.

Thanks!

Haha, I remember asking the same question back in 2010. I was told to just keep reading and I'd get the hang of it. I agree, though, esp for newbies - it's overwhelming and confusing!

Maybe we can start listing them here on this thread, and then make an easy-to-find "LP For Dummies" thread when we have it all ready?

That's somewhat helpful, but as a newbie, I would imagine that a more straightforward approach would be welcomed. Trying to sort through a bunch of chatter just to find what you're looking for is distracting and frustrating.

I'd like to make a more organized thread, with alphabetical acronyms, and a separate section for general internet slang that some people may not be familiar with. Where would you suggest I put it?

The Off-Topic subforum, if you're going to be including general internet acronyms/slang. Otherwise I'd say it should go in General LPMP Discussion.

*edit*

But along those lines, here is a very useful website I would encourage anyone to bookmark for their personal use - I've used it for research purposes now and again.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

I looked through that link, too, and yes, it helps. But I agree...a post that is consolidated would be awesome. People can definitely add their acronyms in the posts, but then the OP can edit the original post to include them all as they are collected. :D

It would certainly help ME!

I only know one: LPMP

:lol:

I am working on a list to get us started. People will have to help me fill in the blanks.

So here is what I have to start with...a few I am unsure of.... Please feel free to give me some to add....and I will edit them at the top of this post....

BI
Blatant Invitation
DIHL
Deer in Headlights
GGG
Going, Going, Gone
IKR
I Know Right
ISO
In Search Of
KWIM
Know What I Mean
NR
New Releases
PE
Phero Enhanced
PE
Private Edition
PM
Perfect Match
PP
Popularity Potion
SLF
Smells Like F-
SO
Significant Other
SP
SS4W
Super Sexy 4 Women
SWS
Swimming with Sharks
TG
TIC
YMMV
Your Mileage May Vary

I think SP is sex partner. TG is target guy. Not sure what TIC is.

I would add:

EOW - Essence of Woman

IME - in my experience

IMO-in my opinion. Sometimes has an H thrown in for Humble

KWIM- Know what I mean?

TTYL-- Talk to you later

STFU- Shut the fuck up.

IDGAF- I don't give a fuck