Lavender Buttercreme Massage Butter & Whipped Cream Soap

luna65

OMG!

I'm sure Lady V will agree with me when I say this is one of THE BEST lavender-based scents Mara has come up with - and I say that as someone who isn't even that big a fan of lavender, although M has trained me over the years to enjoy it. But when I first tried my samples of these products I was just so immediately relaxed by using them, it was amazing - much like the first time I tried Beautiful Dreamer, for example. The lavender is a bit on the herbaceous side, but I think the buttercream accord keeps it from becoming too herbal on me.

I love the massage butter, to me it's the best moisturizer Mara has created since Nommy Butterstuff - it's got a similar really deeply-penetrating blend of oils and butters, where you have to let it sink in a bit. I use it on my hands and elbows at bedtime because those are the most leathery parts of me. :lol:

The soap is a little more intense in scent, I think, and I've only used it on my face so far, but it's true that a little goes a long way - my original sample lasted about a month, so I imagine my jar will last me a good while. It's so creamy and leaves my skin oh so soft. I use it to wash my face when I get home from work, and it immediately chills me out, mood-wise.

Lavender is now my go-to scent at bedtime and my routine is moisturizing with the Massage Butter and then pairing it with a lavender-based scent (my favorite with this is Aurora, so good!) and it really does make me sleepy, which is exactly what I want. So when another batch becomes available, if you love lavender I highly-recommend either of these products, or if you want an intense moisturizing experience I would recommend the Massage Butter in any scent (I really loved it in the previous scent Mara used as well).

Yes, I have been slacking on posting reviews of the B & B stuff. The massage butter is AMAZE BALLS! This is literally the only moisturizer that got my hands through excessive hand washing / below zero temps this winter. The lavender is a gorgeous blend.

Well, it's always said that you shouldn't keep an open container of B&B product more than 6 months because of the risk of getting water in there. (Water contains microbes, and creams are a good growth medium.) If it's sealed, it should last over 2 years.

• 4 weeks later...

I have used the massage butter religiously for two months now and my hands are definitely starting to look less ravaged, so there's a cumulative effect for sure. The best thing is that my skin feels consistently soft now from daily use (I put it on every night before I go to bed and give it a bit to sink in). It's such a relaxing ritual for me, really helps me get into the sleepytime mindset, I just love it so much!

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I tried the whipped cream soap in the shower just for cleansing and it works quite well with a pouf. A little goes a long way but I think a small handful will do the trick, lots of lather and of course it smells so wonderful!

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Naughtysophie said:

I want this !!!

Email the shop. If they have any, you can do an invoice request. They've had a couple things I wanted that weren't on the website :)

4 hours ago, oceanjewel said:

Email the shop. If they have any, you can do an invoice request. They've had a couple things I wanted that weren't on the website :)

It’s good to know that! thank you!