Buds of May

Beccah

AD-BudsofMay_1.jpg

Buds of May

That well-known time-honored proverb of growth and change dates back to at least the 17th Century and serves as a reminder to all that the promise of better times is always just a season away. May flowers are nearly upon us, and you too can experience an olfactory growth spurt with this naturally fresh blending of Nature’s bounty! Enjoy the happiness-inducing charms of May lily and Lily of the valley with hints of crisp shiny red and green apples and a sweet dusting of powdered sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, immortality, foretelling spells.
MAY APPLE ~ Powerfully protective, draws prosperity, aids female conception.
MAY LILY ~ Purity, modesty. Wards away
evil, protects, and breaks enchantments. Prosperity, happiness, wealth, excitement.
LILY OF THE VALLEY ~ Soothing and calming
on the nerves. Sweetness, mental prowess, happiness.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

• 2 weeks later...

I love fruity florals, I love apple scents, so what's not to love, right? What gave me pause was the lilies because lily does not like me. :(

However, this is really pretty, I think. It's an interesting combination and lily game not too strong on me. The apple is bright but it steps back in the mix a bit after the initial application. The sugar is sort of tying everything together with a lovely little bow. This is legitimately only the second lily-based fragrance I've ever liked (the first being Anthea) which may prove that an apple a day...does something good.

I love Buds of May. Lilly always comes off as such a classic white scent to me, but the apple & sugar combine with it for a fresh/modern take.

Lily of the valley hates me but I gave myself a nice big slather anyway. This resulted in a mad sneezing fit. When that passed, as the lily calmed down and the fruit came out more, it smelled like a very creamy luxurious white soap in a fancy spa in a fancy hotel. LOV always smells like soap on me. it got on the sweater I was wearing and Interestingly the apple was much louder than way.

• 5 weeks later...

I get a blast of apple mixed with the obvious floral while wet but after long drydown this is a booming white floral on me. The apple is kinda in the back adding some freshness but the crispness wears down into smooth creaminess of the LOV at that point. Very pretty but a little too floral for me.

• 2 weeks later...

The tart apple combined with creamy white floral makes for a beautiful Spring fruity floral. The apple becomes very subtle on my after wear and becomes more like a version of sugared lilies. I like it!

• 1 year later...

I like this, but it's almost too floral. I don't really get any apple. Although I did get what I interpreted as green stems, so maybe that was the apple? Somehow? I don't know. I liked it for myself, but I could see it annoying people if I wore too much (which might be a thing that I might do) out. 

• 1 year later...

This is simple but very pretty.  This makes me think of someone very sweet and innocent, like a turn of a century ingenue who is the ward of her benevolent great uncle and goes for walks in the apple orchard.  The apple is stronger at first but fades and the lily of the valley comes out.  I like layering this with something a little fruitier to bring out the apple.