Beccah

Julie's Chupacabra

AD-PE-JulieChupacabra.jpg

This is Julie's Savannah cat, Chupi! :lol: I'm dyin' here. What a cutie! Julie came into the shop for a bottle of Black Star Lavender, and loved it, but when she found out she could design her own scent and have Chupi on the label, well! Julie's blend features a body of black licorice, with soft and fuzzy vanilla musk and tomboy-ish tonka, adorned with tiny spots of precious labdanum and oud.

I love licorice scents so this one is very yummy to me. Blending it with the vanilla musk is a particularly great idea, it provides a really soft base and the tonka makes for a nice sort of contrasting accent. It actually reminds me a bit of Celrynnya's Big Fat Tabby Cat in spirit/vibe if not in actual scent.

This is such a yummy fragrance. It has the depth of licorice without that aniseed bite. It is quite soft and creamy. So good!

I tried this this afternoon. I really thought it had honey or AJA in it because that was all I could smell. Now I don't know what it was. Maybe tonka? It was kind of powdery.

I was surprised that I liked this one in the vial because I hate, hate, HATE black licorice with all the fire of a thousand burning suns.

It's not very strong on my skin, and it didn't last very well. It's pleasant but I don't feel the need to find myself a full bottle. I am happy with my little sample. I'm trying to smell it on my skin now but I think it's all gone, and it's only been a few hours.