Dosage question with oil...am I too loud?

Hello everyone! I love love love wearing my scented blends, but I tend to feel more comfortable to wear them on the weekends and after work. It seems that I work in a place with very sensitive noses. I know that I'm not putting too much on...lollipop on torso and either wrists or neck (never both), but it seems that my coworkers seem quite sensitive to my fragrances. I mostly wear oils. Is it that my body is a rapid diffuser? I would like to wear enough for effect, self & others. But I feel like my scents are loud. Can you help please???

What types of reactions are you getting from the people you work with that gives you the impression that they have sensitive noses? Unfortunately some people just have 'super sniffers' that can smell much better than us normal humans can.

Hey Snoopy,

It seems like when people are near me, they start to wipe their nose, or put a finger up as to block the scent a bit. This NEVER happens on the weekend, or when I'm on a date or with friends. It's very odd.

If it's not banned where you work, would it be alright to ask them if they're bothered? Last winter, no one could smell me even when I would ask. The sillage stayed very close to my skin, probably due to the cold. Since then, however, I've been applying more and more oil yet haven't asked any company recently of their perception. I, too, hope I can keep slathering without bother. I don't wear fragrance for others, but on the other hand, the pheromones do still get out there =)

Dunno, if you can attribute an oil based scent w/ being "loud." People tend to think your scent is lotion or body wash with the way that oils diffuse, in my experience. I've even had people say I smelled "like a candle." So it may be a case of them trying to figure out what they're smelling, or maybe they don't register what you're wearing as "work appropriate."

Edited by Beccah

I've had reactions from coworkers when I wear a strong scent, usually a resin-based one. Even oil-based scents can be strong. I try to use small dots of scent, and wear it around the house for a little bit while I get ready. Then I can add more, if I think I need to.

I've had reactions from coworkers when I wear a strong scent, usually a resin-based one. Even oil-based scents can be strong. I try to use small dots of scent, and wear it around the house for a little bit while I get ready. Then I can add more, if I think I need to.

I think this is what's going on with me Bella. The only fragrance I can seem to wear VERY LIGHTLY is the Rose Dust with Pop Potion. I think I will take a "dot" approach as opposed to the "swipe" approach that I have been taking.

Bella, do the pheromones have an effect with the dot method?

Darker scents, resin based scents, smokey (or incenseish) & heavy foodies were no no's.

I found I had luck with lighter, watery/clean scents. And of course go light on application.

What scents were u wearing? Also, if you are wearing sexy pheros you may be getting a negative reaction, not being congruent with the environment or sparking an unnecessary competitive edge.

Edited by StacyK

• 3 weeks later...

The dot method seems to be working nicely, hilarious observation though. I accidentally wore Cougar around them and they responded very well to this. Dominance has whipped them into shape as well.

I work a hot and sweaty manual labor job, so my scents amp like crazy at work! I like to swipe my neck, and back. I don't do a lollipop on the torso anymore.

I've found this works great without phero- and scent-bombing myself or my co-workers.

• 3 weeks later...