Columbia - Summer 2017 Collection

Beccah

AD-Columbia.jpg

ORDER HERE: https://www.etsy.com/listing/521101906/columbia-summer-2017-collection

Columbia

In a scented salute to the Good Old U. S. of A. we’re paying homage to the original Lady Liberty, known as Columbia (first personified as a symbol of America back in the 1700s in the Old World tradition of a classical goddess representing a republic). Every heart beats true for our shiny RED apple, sheer WHITE amber and BLUE cotton candy combination, with an additional dollop of luscious butterscotch. Summer yumminess which is American as fireworks on the 4th of July!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scent: A candy-like delight of juicy ripe red apples over blue raspberry cotton candy.

Perfumes by Mara

Scribings by Luna

Labels by Jennifer & Mara

• 2 weeks later...

This one is fabulous!!! At first sniff in the vial, I immediately thought of the apple in Pomme de Poison, a favorite of mine. On my skin, I got a vibrant punch of raspberry. It's more like a juicy Hawaiian Punch (if it came in raspberry) vibe than candy like to my nose. The raspberry is just tart enough to keep this from being syrupy, and the warm amber adds substance. Maybe a full bottle for me!

I wanted to compare this with Betsy's Apple and in the vial they are similar, but I think Betsy's Apple actually has a stronger apple note to it. Of course it has had time to age as well. With Columbia I get more of the caramelized aspect of the sugars and the amber is underneath tying it together, if that makes sense. The blue raspberry is a sort of tangy-tart note floating on top.

Both are totally yummy, so if you missed out on Betsy and you wanted to try it or you just love carnival treats/fair food kind of scents, this is what you need!

I love Betsy's Apple and have been into apple scents for the last year in general even beyond Perfume. Wet I liked the big blast of fresh apple. But as it dried it carmelized and I can't do it. The butterscotch is too much for me in the treacley way I so strongly dislike. It took it from a crisp scent to a warm gooey apple pie scent. If you like warm apple scents do not miss this!

This is one of those types of scents that I wasn't sure about but I keep sniffing it. I constantly sniff my little sample of the massage butter. I am wearing the perfume and I keep smelling my wrists. I don't have tons of apple scents so it seems like something I've never tried before. There is something different in this. I'm thinking it's the raspberry and touch of butterscotch and seems different to me. I really like it. I must because I can't stop huffing it. ?

• 2 weeks later...

This is like all the best aspects of Candy Apple Cutie and LP Spring '11 in one! I love the sweet/tart apple, I love the warmth of the amber and butterscotch, and the candy sweetness of the cotton candy! Perfect summer scent!

• 3 months later...

This goes on like a butterscotch apple. There is fresh apple, but it's covered in heavy layers of buttery, sticky, almost caramel like syrup. On me butterscotch syrup is the predominant scent once the apple fades. I worked for a while as a barista and this was like a visceral reminder of the syrups we added to flavored lattes. In fact, I think it would probably blend well with coffee scents.

I can detect a bit of the blue raspberry in the bottle, but on my skin it doesn't show up at all. Additionally, I sometimes have a problem with amber going sharp on me, but it doesn't give me any problems at all in this one.

• 1 year later...

I am very happy to have received a teeny of this today!  

This is one I have frequently looked at, but end up trying something else instead. 

I love it! At first it’s very deliciously foodie, then it dries down to an amazing lite foodie apple scent. After dry down it reminds me a bit of Gravenstein. 

I believe I’ve learned I really love Apple as a scent. I had no idea :) Very happy! This one may be a 5 Star for me Will know after more time with it :) 

I just got a sample of this with my first ever order! I can smell the apple and something else fruity (must be the raspberry) in the bottle, but it reads "candle" on me - I can't wear more than a tiny dab of it. I think the apple is coming through super-super-sugary on my skin and that's overriding all the other notes. It reminds me of Christmas. It's a nice comforting scent for hanging out at home in the winter.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 10:46 AM, Honeycake said:

This was really different.  I got a lot of berry in this, but it was sophisticated. 

I get that too. Sophisticated Berry. 

On me me it feels lite Apple, and Blue Raspberry. I really like it. 

I think my skin at times amps the white Amber. If it stayed clean, sharp? Apple and Blue Rasberry- I’d FB. 

I could be wrong, but I am finding out I don’t think I enjoy scents that have any sort of a powdery? musk? to them.  It’s why I left my beloved OCCO Ambrosia for OCCO Pineapple. Ambrosia was my favorite OCCO, but it does have this musky/powdery? scent thing going on. 

This is not a scent I would describe as powdery or musky maybe very kite musk, but not really. 

if there are better words for what I am trying to describe please let me know as I would love to use them in the future. 

Also finding out I don’t enjoy scents that are watery? I love the Ocean and beach, nature, so not sure why. I adore water. Water forest creature here :) 

Found out I apparently love Apple- No idea! And Pineapple 😁

Edited by Chaos Angel
Info

Saw this on the frontpage, which inspired me to revisit it! I'm getting much better separation of the notes now, with a fresh apple  with a sugary fruity background (instead of a one-note super sugary candied apple, like I was getting before). The first time, I tested it straight out of my mailbox. Oops! :blush:  I didn't know about travel shock then...

I applied on dry skin and lotioned skin. On dry skin, I got more blue raspberry, roughly equal to the apple, and more sweetness. On lotioned skin, I got a crisp apple dusted with a spicy, ever so slightly smoky amber, with a candylike blue raspberry providing some sweetness in the background.  And even though it's a spicy apple, it's not apple pie foodie spicy.