Melissa Joy

Beccah

AD-PE-MelissaJoy.jpg

Melissa is a local model who came in to the shop for a custom perfume. Quite the beauty and a sweetie too! She loves warm musky notes, so we crafted for her a gorgeous blend of Egyptian and white musks, sandalwood and amber, and then for a touch of brightness on top, we decorated it with little drops of neroli, daffodil and peach blossom. A soft and lovely musky perfume with a hint of fruity-floral.

What an unexpected combination of notes. The florals are preventing Melissa Joy from turning into incense. The Egyptian musk will not bow to the florals so both aspects are front & center. The overall scent comes out to be very exotic & wearable for summer. Also, the tiniest of dabs goes a very long way. I think a full bottle of Melissa Joy will be at least a year's supply. :lol:

Update: This just gets better as the day wears on.

Edited by Beccah

• 1 month later...

I get a floral intensity from this which is actually quite nice (as I'm not always into that sort of thing), blending with the resins. The musk aspect is pretty sheer on me, it's just underscoring the other notes. Very lady-like and femme, it evokes designer dresses and antique jewelry, which is completely appropriate for its' creator!

• 3 months later...

Musk comes off as aquatic in this for me. It's like a mist, like Hedione, adding floral dewiness.

It's a very fresh, robust morning scent, producing steamed bathroom mirrors after a hot shower.

Melissa on the label is gorgeous :D

• 6 months later...

OMG. Everone should have a bottle of this. Its simply beautiful. The way 1 ct diamond stud earings are beautiful.

An amazing "oh I just smell like this" scent that lays close to the skin. Only the peach/floral notes reach out for a bit to tickle inquiring noses. In the long drydown I'm left with the prettiest female skin scent. 

Simplicity, elegance and soft girl skin.  A delight to wear.

• 6 months later...

Wow! Just wow. This one is so gorgeous. I took a flyer and got a bottle of this unsniffed since I was craving musk scents. I am so glad I did because this is amazing! It is so beautiful. Straight off I can smell the daffodil. It's very warm and sunny, a perfect scent for spring or summer. The floral gives it a nice brightness, while the musk provides a fuzziness underneath. Wearing it feels like taking a warm nap in the afternoon sun, like lying in a sunbeam. It doesn't morph, just stays a gorgeous floral over a soft musk. Soooooooo pretty. It became an instant fave. I could be happy smelling this forever. I wish I had 100 bottles.