Shivonne's Mama Bear

Beccah

AD-PE-ShivonneMB.jpg

Yummmmm!!! An ultra delicious potion crafted of ingredients that represent fertility, verility, and mother goddess energy. Spicy pumpkin, syrupy sweet mission fig, deliciously round buttercream, and a splash of almond. There's a kind of misty, smokey aura to it, not quite as sweet as you might imagine, and 100% yum!

So this is my first PE!! I wanted something with ingredients that represented not only fertility, but female energy too. Something to celebrate what our bodies are capable of doing (even if you opt not to!) So of course it needed fig. Other than that, I had some ideas of ingredients but I wasn't confident in how much of what and how they would all work together. I spoke with Mara (which totally made my day!!) and we worked out the ingredients, and oh my goodness y'all! This. Is. Incredible!! This is so deliciously complex and simple at the same time. First on, it's mysterious and smokey. The notes blend together seamlessly. The fig is deep and rich. You can almost tell it's there but before you can grasp it, it slips away back into the blend. You can almost touch the almond but then it goes away. You can sense the pumpkin but it's just out of reach. It's like a chameleon! As it wears on, the buttercream comes out. It against the spice makes this almost milky sweet skin scent that's sort of reminiscent of babies (to me anyway). It's kinda earthy in the earth-mother way, the same vibe I got from New. Finally, it morphs into this delicious foody warm spicy scent, much sweeter at the end than it was at the beginning. It throws a bit at the beginning but the complex notes sit very close to the skin. It's a very intimate frangrance, cozy and comforting. This is everything I wanted it to be but couldn't put into words. I love how it smells, I love what it represents, and I love how I feel when I wear it. You hit it out of the park, Mara!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BlueBear

OH YAY THAT MAKES ME SOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!! :D

I am honored to be a part of your wonderful perfume creation and first PE. I really like it too and hope you will enjoy it for a long time to come. Thank you!!!

:)

This is lovely - I don't normally go for the gourmand pumpkin scents (I usually prefer pumpkin with resins), but this one is really interesting with the fig taking it in a deeper direction. I agree that there's a smokiness to it which really makes me think of Autumn and I like how the sweetness in the beginning sort of recedes to allow the other qualities to come through.

Great idea, BB!

Oh wow, BB!! This is fabulous! I get the spicy pumpkin, the sweet buttercream, and a hint of the fig. Not really detecting the almond, but I'm okay with that. I think this is a perfect scent for summer, esp once we head into fall. It's spicy and smoky and foody, without being pushy. Just comforting.

Wow. The reviews make me want this. But

.. I haz all the kids I want. But, I love all these Ingredients. I could wear this all the time in all seasons.

OT

Luna- Resins & pumpkin oh boy I could go for that. Have there ever been any, other than LP Pumpkin?

• 3 weeks later...

I got a lot of nutmeg and fig - it did have a mystical, grounded feel - but it was very hot out and I burned it off very quickly so need to try it again and circle back. Looking forward to getting that smokey misty thing!!

• 2 months later...

I was having a bad night that was about to rob me of sleep, so I tested Mama Bear in an attempt to mitigate my mood and it worked because I barely remember that scent. I was out in 2 minutes, I just remember feeling super comfy because "Mama Bear" is such a fitting title