Lei's Peach of a Day

Beccah

AD-PE-LeiPeachDay.jpg

Lei was in a similar frame of mind with her pair of Day and Night peach scents! Lei's Peach of a Day is a touch tropical, comprised of a bushel of peaches and peach blossoms, a splash of apricot, a dollop of coconut cream and a base of sweet sandalwood.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my package today! I have just taken out my gift of Lei's A Peach of a Day and I am smelling it in the vial ... it is a lovely clean, sweet, happy scent. For me, the smell of apricot predominates with the peach peaking out around it.

As it is evening, I have not wasted any of the precious liquid by applying it at this moment. I will report back when I have worn it ...

When I first put this on it smells like a ripe peach, the kind that is so juicy it starts running down your hand onto your arm. Heavenly. After about 15 minutes the apricot starts to dominate. Later on it becomes more creamy, which must be the coconut cream and sandalwood, but my brain keeps interpreting it as almost a cocoa butter smell. On the long dry down it starts to remind me of a really soft, rich, high-end lotion, like you're wrapped in a fluffy robe just out of the bath and are lathering on a luxurious cream with a light peach scent. Overall, it goes on a journey from somewhat tropical to warm and almost fuzzy, like the skin of a peach.

• 1 month later...

First of all, I LOVE the concept of this duo, sort of like what Mara did with her "Naked" duo back in 2011.

To me the Day scent starts out - as greenappletart noted - as a ripe juicy peach that is just heavenly. I literally could not stop sniffing my wrist for half an hour. This is a peach note which feels "real" to me in the sense that I'm not getting a sugary overlay as I might in other peach-based scents. It really does make me think of biting into an actual peach. I think the combo of the peach and apricot is providing that evocation and it's fabulous. For me the peach wins out but the richness of the two gives it a nice long-lasting quality. The coconut and the sandalwood emerge after a time to provide a soft undertone, a definite fuzziness that is (again, as greenappletart notes) like peach skin, but at the same time it's like a take on peaches-and-cream. Because it made me think of scents like Aliya and Buttercream Peach. The peach blossom adds a really lovely femme quality to it as well.

This is so gorgeous, seriously. I'm a peach obsessive so I'm bound to love a peach-centric scent, but this has a quality even beyond such a consideration for me.