Cougar Potion: Panther

il_fullxfull.1365752163_2ca6.jpg

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour. Lends an aura of “sparkle” to the wearer.
PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

I love me some Cougar, but to me, it *is* a very summery perfume... This variant is PERFECT - it's a little bit deeper, darker, but still has that amazing SPARKLE! I definitely can pick out the currant, its tartness pairs nicely with the grapefruit. The hot cocoa powder adds a bit of warmth and smooth sweetness. This is a contender for a full bottle, for sure!

LOVE. This variant is a little fruitier, I can smell the peach, & a little deeper, but it's definitely still Cougar. This will be my pick for holiday parties.

Agreed with Beccah. This one is definitely fruitier in the beginning but settles into something rich. Whereas Cogar Potion is sparkly like a firecracker, this has the shimmmering sparkle of diamonds. This dries down to something rich, warm, and sexy. At the end of the day, i’m left smelling cocoa and currant, and it is delicious. It’s the winter edition of Cougar!

I love this -- the grapefruit/currant combo is reminiscent of my Big Cat Mojo, but while that has a kind of dryer veldt-like quality this one is so surprisingly rich, as others have commented. I wanted to love original Cougar Potion but something in it was headache inducing -- this is amazingly smooth. In many ways it reminds of Glamour Puss (the first one) but with a simpler, starker, and darker feel. I don't have anything boosted with Cougar, and this is seriously tempting.

I can’t wear scented cougar either. I get the same headachey thing. I think it’s the type of musk.

I love this at first. It totally reminds me of Special Delivery! But somehow it eventually turns way to perfume-y on me and clings that way. Oh well! Got too many his month anyway and the Cougar phero doesn’t do much for me anyway so I am safe from this one!

• 2 weeks later...

WOW this is tangy! The red currant is waaaay up front on me, with the grapefruit right behind it. In that way it reminds me of Elan Vitale and Voodoo Valentine. In the vial I get the black currant and the cocoa and it is so good. I think I'll have to let this age a bit and try again for the heartnotes instead of the top notes.

ETA: in the long drydown I get more of the classic Cougar quality.

Wet I get a blast of tangy grapefruit with the darker currant. Starts off pretty tart and sharp. As it dries down the cocoa comes out and changes the tart sharpness to a smooth richness under the fruit. A very interesting juxtaposition. This has the sparkle factor of Cougar but does not have the Musk from Cougar which makes it unwearable for me. This is really lovely. Im happy to have a new vehicle for Cougar Phero.

• 2 months later...

Panther is certainly a richer and a more full-bodied version. It has a more sensual, sleek edge. Upon application it is very currant forward, then shortly is rounded out with the rich cocoa. I do like the perfume-y nature of this fragrance. My only issue is that all too soon it becomes very close to the skin. I think I might need this one in a spray

• 1 month later...

I wore this today with a little Topper, trying to figure out my relationship with this phero. I told no extra and unnecessary jokes, I thin class went a little more quickly? I was a little more creative maybe, or maybe mentally disorganized, but not worried about it so maybe more confident than usual. One new guy after class let me know he's a yoga teacher by trade, in the past maybe I'd pay a little more attention or feel out if he was hinting for a subbing spot, but I didn't particularly appreciate his listening skills so I didn't engage much. I think Cougar/Topper makes me more no-nonsense, Levitation and Lunina/Topper maybe allow me to be more approachable, but a little more ditzy.

This variant, I get a lot of currant and chocolate. It made me happy, but more grounded than a brighter fruit. I Don't think I sensed much grapefruit, but I have a high grapefruit/citrus threshold. Or it's real light in this blend. The perfume is more opulent, or rich, and I got to bomb myself a bit in downdog because i had a big t-shirt on and when it went over my face, I kept it on. Normally I'd take it off, but I enjoyed the occasional journey into chocolate boob town. Didn't feel cuddly, felt elusive. Like the man wanting to smell this woman really has to be sneaky, she's never going to just give those long whiffs away. Four hours later, I might be getting more peach and grapefruit, but I think maybe it's residual PCMP on yesterday's sweater? I'll take this for another test spin next week.

The initial application came off like a grapefruit version of the chocolate-covered oranges from the holiday season. :) Then the chocolate backed off a bit and the currant came out more. It's settled into a sophisticated grapefruit/currant. Definitely a "Cougar by night" feel!

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 1 month later...

I put a little spritz of this between my boobs earlier in the evening, maybe around noon, post a kid's birthday party but before dinner with more kids. Mostly for the phero, didn't think much about the scent to be honest. My goal was to try a different phero with a friend I haven't connected with that well lately. He's a guy but we've been friends for over 25 years and our 8 and 9 yr old kids are "engaged," and have been since kindergarten.

What surprised me was how lovely it was five hours later! It matured into something really special. I'll keep investigating!

• 1 month later...

Copy pasted from me journal. 

Panther boosted with Cougar

I got a sample of this for free from LPMP. Thanks Mara and Halo. Smile

Cougar potion is a proprietary blend as the LPMP site says. So am not exactly sure what it has, but WOW, am getting status hits left right and centre. People move away from my walking route. Both guys and girls either look at me directly or they look at me thru their peripheral view. Same as Bossom Bows - G2. Am assuming it's got cops. Cos everytime I have cops on me, I get them looks. 

Panther is the name of the scent (I think) and it's peachy. Smells like peach. I don't mind but I'll have to modify it a bit further for me own personal liking. But so far it's pretty good. I like it. Panther is also, a preliminary one test. 

Both Bossom bows and Panther was 4 sample dabs. And they were close to me neck face area. Smudged around that area. Lasts about 6 hours and then slows down from there on out into residual hits here and there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope I’m not a heretic, but I added what I had left of the sample vial of Cougar to my Panther spray and let it rest a few days. 

Not sure if that was enough to make a difference, or if it aged, or if it just grew on me, but I really like it. 

I also want to know what “sparkle” means in this case. When I first got it, it gave me tingles, almost to the point of feeling chilly! Or does “sparkle” refer to a note in its fragrance?

2 hours ago, melisse said:

Hope I’m not a heretic, but I added what I had left of the sample vial of Cougar to my Panther spray and let it rest a few days. 

Not sure if that was enough to make a difference, or if it aged, or if it just grew on me, but I really like it. 

I also want to know what “sparkle” means in this case. When I first got it, it gave me tingles, almost to the point of feeling chilly! Or does “sparkle” refer to a note in its fragrance?

I think the sparkle refers to it making you appear more youthful and vibrant.

Edited by Kayla

Yes the sparkle in this case is a feeling not a literal glittery shimmering sparkle. Youthful and vibrant is a great way to put it. Belle of the ball, star, center of attention, they all have that “it” factor. That’s what Cougar Sparkle is referring to.

On 10/21/2017 at 9:24 AM, Black Cat said:

I love this -- the grapefruit/currant combo is reminiscent of my Big Cat Mojo, but while that has a kind of dryer veldt-like quality this one is so surprisingly rich, as others have commented...

I just read this and immediately went over and tossed Big Cat Mojo in my cart. 

I have to check this out?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, dolphindolls2 said:

I did not order this in the sale order I just submitted to Mara and now I'm kicking myself... I'm thinking I might need to place another order before this sale is over....

If you didn't pay yet, you can still add it on. Just send another email. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered this as part of the sale and can't wait to try it! Love the idea of a "darker" version of Cougar (even though the regular version is wonderful). 

• 2 months later...

I don't know how but... In my freebie sniffies bag I got this in my last two orders ?. I love samples... I really do, but I could NOT wear this. I thought they were kidding when they said the grapefruit was strong and bright in this formulation... They were not. ? I sniffed it a few times and immediately got a mini headache, I'm sure it would wear nice on me and work for me but... I'll have to pass and go for Stone Cougar (unscented) if and when I do. 

15 minutes ago, Vicki Lee said:

I sniffed it a few times and immediately got a mini headache, I'm sure it would wear nice on me and work for me but... I'll have to pass and go for Stone Cougar (unscented) if and when I do. 

Try it on ur skin Vicki. 

Thru the mini vial, it's way too strong. Probly why ya got the mini headache. Just a dab or two on skin works better. 

50 minutes ago, Vicki Lee said:

I don't know how but... In my freebie sniffies bag I got this in my last two orders ?. I love samples... I really do, but I could NOT wear this. I thought they were kidding when they said the grapefruit was strong and bright in this formulation... They were not. ? I sniffed it a few times and immediately got a mini headache, I'm sure it would wear nice on me and work for me but... I'll have to pass and go for Stone Cougar (unscented) if and when I do. 

This version is much richer/deeper than the original Cougar Potion. It settles in nicely on your skin after about 30 minutes or so. The original Cougar smells wonderful, as well, but has a much stronger grapefruit scent that lasts throughout the drydown. Maybe try a dab or two on your wrists to see how it melds with your skin. I really love this one!

• 5 months later...

A few hours after application, I'm almost getting a peppery vibe today. It must be the Cocoa? I really love it. With the Cougar phero I'm more business like, it's like what I believe Leather is meant to do for me, without me getting bitchy. I don't know if this is even available anymore, but if it is it will make my next order!

This phero boosted my mood on an otherwise unhappy evening :D I rarely wear Cougar and I wish I knew what was responsible for the lift, but I'll take it! I layered this scent over PG-17 because it's springtime and I wanted a floral, lighter version of Oud. It was a strange combo fresh, but I was right to trust my intuition; within minutes it turned perrrffect.

Edited by Ivysaur
grammar

• 4 months later...

As my skin tends to amp both grapefruit AND currant......for about 30-minutes after application, this one was a little painful.....LOL......:blink:   But, once it calmed down, I really like it!  It does have the sparkle, yet isn't quite as bright as the original after it settles (at least, that is the way it reacts to my skin).

@Vicki Lee   I definitely recommend trying on your skin before throwing in the towel.  My skin says "HI I'M GRAPEFRUIT!" any time I wear a scent with grapefruit in it.  It does similar things with currant.  But, they tend to turn out beautifully after they complete the drydown.

On 8/12/2019 at 11:41 AM, Dolly said:

As my skin tends to amp both grapefruit AND currant......for about 30-minutes after application, this one was a little painful.....LOL......:blink:   But, once it calmed down, I really like it!  It does have the sparkle, yet isn't quite as bright as the original after it settles (at least, that is the way it reacts to my skin).

@Vicki Lee   I definitely recommend trying on your skin before throwing in the towel.  My skin says "HI I'M GRAPEFRUIT!" any time I wear a scent with grapefruit in it.  It does similar things with currant.  But, they tend to turn out beautifully after they complete the drydown.

That’s very good advice Dolly. I think you can also add a dab of something grounding like one of the existing base notes too to ride out that initial part if it’s too much. In this instance I mean something like Sugared Amber. Just a dab to offset the bright sharp notes at first if they are too aggressive. This one has both sugar and Amber so while I have not tried that myself I think it should be pretty effective. You could also wash very gently to just temper that top note sharpness. When I do that I’m always left with the sweetest and deepest base notes kind of like skipping to long dry down. That method is definitely erratic so test accordingly but there are actually a whole bunch of perfumes I love more than just wearing them regularly if I do it this way.  I need to write that down because I rarely remember that.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! Got a free (SUPER FULL) bottle of this with my sale order and just trying it for the first time today...albeit affected by bottle shock from the travel from the West to the East coast...so...

Anywho, WOW. The initial note both from the bottle and on my skin smells like COPS COPS COPS. I am not even thinking that there ARE cops in Cougar, but dang! P.U...STINKY! I am wondering if I amp currant, because that seems to be all I can detect for the first 30 minutes or so, then a soft wispy waft of powdery cocoa, a little bright grapefruit and...a wonky note. The wonky note (currant?) dominates powerfully. I love the original Cougar, but my sniffy of it was not enough to discern properly how I respond to the actual phero...or to notice how it affects others when I wear it.  I just started running again in the early mornings, and am starting to feel the powerful energy boost of exercise and fresh air lifting my mood and my "get-up=and-go" lately, but I wonder if this is increasing that effect? I feel very "up" and "on" today. And I have not even had coffee, lol. As I work in a company of ALL women and have my own office, I don't often "waste" pheros here unless it's Balm Bomb. lol, so I still need to experiment. I will let my bottle rest for a few weeks and will try again, but at the moment I can't say if this one is for me. The initial wonky note is overpowering and although it tempers a bit with time, it still makes me sense that "cops that have not yet dried down" kind of feel and smell to it. First impression is that I like the original Cougar better. Anyone else get the PU factor? Maybe my skin doesn't like currant...? 

I loooooove Cougar Panther...so much that I almost wish that this was the permanent Cougar enhanced offering ( though, I do adore Cougar Potion, also ) because to me, this scent matches that ' sparkle ' of Cougar the phero. It's just so beautiful & unique. On me, it's almost all grapefruit & cocoa, but the currant amps after a bit. I can't NOT feel sexy when I'm wearing this, & that's even with an OCCO.