River & Rain

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1318515456_ip5p.jpg

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
OAK WOOD & LEAVES ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.
CLOVER ~ Protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing, luck.
ALOE ~ Protection, luck, healing, success.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

• 2 weeks later...

I really, really loved this!! This reminded me of a commercial scent i’ve smelled but richer, if that makes sense. I believe it’s the Musk that sets it apart. It’s just present enough to make this seem as if the fragrance is emanating from the skin. Very fresh and clean. The sandalwood is not too overpowering, but it is to die for. This was borderline too masculine on my skin for my taste, but I couldn’t stop sniffing it, so i’ll Definitely continue wearing it. Maybe I can get some on the Marine!

The label triggers all my vintage Hollywood feels because Buster Keaton is :wub:.

At first I was all, "Aloe game too strong!" because aloe is one of my death notes (except in Summershine, apparently). It's just too totally intensely soapy-clean for my tastes (even my tastes in boysmell). The musk is pretty strong on me too in terms of amplifying those qualities. I get more of the watery-outdoorsy quality in the drydown, to the point where I'm reminded of scents like Emerald City or Moon of the Falling Leaves, sorta. To me this is that classic shower-fresh for guys sort of thing that y'all love and so you should get this one.

I am with Luna on the Aloe thing. It took a lot of dry down and melding into my skin for the aloe to calm down and the rest of the scent to really come out. But once it did - it lived up to my expectations for the rest of the notes.

First off this is not a Halo scent at all. I dont like aquatics, Fresh, Nature scents at all but I was drawn to put it on this morning. I do try to try every release at least once for my job. First on the skin it smelled almost sweet which shocked me and then promptly disappeared. So then it smelled wet and fresh, but not overly sharp. I immediately started thinking that this is a contender for the man. After another 5 minutes or so a slight mustiness crept in which I think is the leaves or the grasses.After about 10 minutes that faded and the sandalwood and Musk really started to ground it and make it richer at the base of the scent. I smell the aloe but it never got too soapy. I cant wait for BF to get home tonight because Im slapping this baby on him to test ASAP. If I like it this much on me, I will likely love it on him. In fact I think I like it this much on me because Im anticipating smelling it on him. Yes, its going down. Also when I went to wake up my daughter she told me I smell good when I hugged her. Shes pretty picky so thats another good sign.

• 3 weeks later...

BF says this smells like "a really clean fresh showered after the gym smell. Not too fancy, like really expensive soap that doesn't smell like soap. It smells like 'good hygiene.'"

I like it, it's grown on both of us. I am not a fan of green man scents, but there's just enough amber and "man warmth smell" to keep me interested. I think it's sexy. If he worked in an office, I'd rather he didn't wear it to work, or he'd have a bunch of ladies lingering by his desk all day.

River and Rain, IMO, would be perfect for a nonchalantly sexually charged brunch date. No sex. Make her wait. The man wearing this holds ALL the cards.

I think it would be a good pairing with Charisma.

Edited by Eastwood22

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't, I've got him Mark's Girl Nip, Open Arms, and Bad Boy, and FB's ofTeddy Man 2 and Winner are coming his week, plus Year One and 1969 samples. Also Gargoyle Gargle coming from a trade. He's so picky, and there are so many to choose from: if he doesn't like something he gives sample back to me immediately, but he's kept River and Rain. I'll see what he puts on first when he gets home from his trip. I'd order it for him if he wants, I'd be happy to decant myself a wee bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my first "I need this LP" text from my man tonight!

"Make a note that I really like river and rain. My sample is out"

That's pretty damn cute. AND now he's gonna have to wait a minute because I just placed an order today. He doesn't understand, "this ain't Nam, there are rules."

• 1 month later...

Sometimes these sorts of scents for men are a bit too masculine for me, but this is wearing nicely on me and I'll happily keep this sniffie for myself. There's a bit of casual sexiness along with the clean soapiness. It's an unassuming, office-appropriate scent that would pair perfectly with Swimming with Sharks.

• 3 weeks later...

This is really fresh and clean and not too masculine, which I often worry about with unisex scents. It reminds me of fresh laundry but in a good way. It's aquatic with some greenness but the green is very soft, like a pastel green. I don't like when green scents get too sharp but this is perfect!

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2017 at 10:02 PM, Eastwood22 said:

I just got my first "I need this LP" text from my man tonight!

"Make a note that I really like river and rain. My sample is out"

That's pretty damn cute. AND now he's gonna have to wait a minute because I just placed an order today. He doesn't understand, "this ain't Nam, there are rules."

Clearly I'm a terrible girlfriend. It's April, he's wanted this since December! He just finished off a sample, "I want to smell like this every time I get out of the shower. In fact, I want it in a spray. I want everyone to smell me and say, 'Wow, he smells clean. He must've just gotten out of the shower.'"

It's not my favorite, but that's okay. Green watery scents just aren't my thing, but this one is good and I like that he enjoys it so much. As this forum is my witness, I will not omit River and Rain from my next order.

1 minute ago, Eastwood22 said:

It's not my favorite, but that's okay. Green watery scents just aren't my thing, but this one is good and I like that he enjoys it so much. As this forum is my witness, I will not omit River and Rain from my next order.

This one sounds really interesting after hearing the description of it.  If green watery scents aren't your thing you may want to steer clear of Merlin's Blend for him but he might like that one as well.

2 hours ago, Snoopyace said:

This one sounds really interesting after hearing the description of it.  If green watery scents aren't your thing you may want to steer clear of Merlin's Blend for him but he might like that one as well.

Yeah, the "watery, earthy, woody...give off the aura of a Magic Man! " description is a bad one for me, watery isn't my thing, and he amps wood like crazy.

Hmmm. See what I said there?

• 10 months later...

This one is wet and airy, but very grass forward. On me, it's not unisex at all, but very masculine. It's really woodsy, which is what I think is giving me that impression. I tend to associate woodsy notes with scents for men. As it dries down, it becomes warmer and more muted. On the long, long dry down it's like I didn't put it on at all, but it transferred onto me from someone else. Or like when you wear a guy's jacket and it smells like his cologne. I like it, but on a man, rather than me. 

• 4 months later...

Oh, baby.  This is exactly what a guy wants to smell like fresh out of the shower.  Clean.  Ever so slightly soapy but mostly just...  clean.  Very wet, very airy and green with a hint of woodsiness.  I got a lot of compliments while wearing this (to the point it made my bride uncomfortable).  She's not a big fan of clean scents such as this but she didn't complain about it which is actually a good thing.  It means she doesn't mind it.  I'm happy with that because I really like this scent!

11 hours ago, halo0073 said:

I’m not really a fan of scents like this either but River and Rain is an exception. It’s just so nice!

It really is!  I have found that it also covers The Love God really well!

12 hours ago, halo0073 said:

I’m not really a fan of scents like this either but River and Rain is an exception. It’s just so nice!

Me three! My man is coincidentally in R&R right now. We're in a hot, sweaty club, I'm cool with freshly showered!

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping for Sale!

My absolute favorite men’s scent in recent years. I do not like aquatics. I do not like fresh or clean scents but I love this one. Definitely wearable for women if that’s your vibe but super sexy while still being fresh and clean on a man. Amazing depth for an aquatic.