Butterscream Lemon

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1365774339_owv4.jpg

Butterscream Lemon

By popular demand, here’s our delicious Buttercream Lemon bath & body fragrance in perfume form! A gourmand fantasy of sweetly sugary and warm bakery-style lemon slathered with luscious buttercream on a base of sweet amber, to smell so frighteningly delectable you might just make someone shriek with delight!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

Oh this is a gem. I knew I was gonna love it since I loved the bath and body products last month but of course things are different in perfume form so I was not sure exactly what to expect. Wet this smells dead on to the B&B. Creamy smoooooooth lemon vanilla buttercream. No sharp edges or zingy lemon here. It smells exactly like an edible confection. The strong lemon wore off pretty quickly, after about 10 minutes I could smell it but it was definitely faded. It stayed buttercreamy then for awhile. Then after an hour maybe it became an amber forward vanilla buttercream. The amber was not super strong but definitely more assertive than the buttercream stage was. Now several hours later, the amber has backed off, still very present but much softer. So now its a creamy vanilla with a nice traditional amber base grounding it and making it stick to the skin. So its a journey with this perfume as the best ones are. If you are an amber lover, the kind who has those little incense boxes with holes in top and a chunk of Amber resin inside, you need this. Even if you dont particularly love lemon. Luckily I Love every component in this perfume. Im so happy Mara made it in perfume form!

Halo, thanks for reviewing this! I love the whipped body butter in the lemon buttercream (on me hardly any lemon shows up, which is okay) I wanted to try it in the perfume oil, but also wanted to try some of the other new releases too. Hopefully it won't be gone before I can order it. (I've already used 2/3 of my jar of the whipped! it is that good!)

an amber lover, the kind who has those little incense boxes with holes in top and a chunk of Amber resin inside, you need this. !

I have one of those in my car on area near speedometer. I have this fantasy that someday I'll open my car and it will be an amber infused haven but it hasn't happened yet.

Keep meaning to come rave about this one.... somehow I didn't think I needed it, but it is so delicious. It is like the lemon version of Inspire Desire, which is an all time favorite, but unlike that this has enormous staying power on me! Normally the delicious citrus foodies are glorious for the immediate application but on drydown they get wispy or turn a bit sour. This just stays mouth wateringly delicious for hours and hours! Out of all the samples, I have reapplied this one the most frequently. It is the perfect balance of sweet and tart, and I should say it also differs from Inspire Desire in that ID is cakey, and this is pure frosting. Yum!

THIS IS MY BABY, I AM SO PROUD. :D

Originally when I made this suggestion to Mara for b&b I just wanted the lusciousness which is Lavender Buttercreme but with lemon. In her infinite wisdom she made it so much more, and in a blending which works really well with that format. And now, to have it in perfume, it's too much lemony awesomeness!

:heart708::icecream:

(Well okay, there's no such thing as "too much" for me!)

On me it starts out as an invocation of the classic lemon poundcake with the syrupy glaze, but then the frosting aspect comes out slowly and it becomes more creamy over time but retains an intense sugary quality. The lemon moves to the background but it hangs tough, which I'm going to thank the amber for. So this ends up as more of a cupcakey thing on me, somewhat like Lemon Fairy Cake but more sugary, I'd say. And it does cling for hours, which is always a lovely thing in a gourmand scent. I could even see layering this with one of the Sugareds or Fairy Cakes - I want to experiment with Sugared Lemons, for example - because I think it would make a nice foundation for a foodie fusion.

... So, I've finished up all of the Skyclad Buttersilk in the buttercream lemon fragrance. I officially scraped the last bit out of jar this morning :001_07: I'm going to HAVE to order the Butterscream Lemon. It's not even optional! .... making my list and checking it twice. Butterscream is at the top of the list (and some more whipped body butter too!)

Soooo, I'm completely enthralled with Buttercream Lemon! The description is very accurate and the throw is amazing on me. I wore it yesterday and had many compliments. I was told by a friend that I smelled like expensive pastries..lol. I applied it around my wrist and cleavage in the morning and I could still smell it at night. It's very rich and perfect for winter! FB worthy

• 2 weeks later...

Oh this is a gem. I knew I was gonna love it since I loved the bath and body products last month but of course things are different in perfume form so I was not sure exactly what to expect. Wet this smells dead on to the B&B. Creamy smoooooooth lemon vanilla buttercream. No sharp edges or zingy lemon here. It smells exactly like an edible confection. The strong lemon wore off pretty quickly, after about 10 minutes I could smell it but it was definitely faded. It stayed buttercreamy then for awhile. Then after an hour maybe it became an amber forward vanilla buttercream. The amber was not super strong but definitely more assertive than the buttercream stage was. Now several hours later, the amber has backed off, still very present but much softer. So now its a creamy vanilla with a nice traditional amber base grounding it and making it stick to the skin. So its a journey with this perfume as the best ones are. If you are an amber lover, the kind who has those little incense boxes with holes in top and a chunk of Amber resin inside, you need this. Even if you dont particularly love lemon. Luckily I Love every component in this perfume. Im so happy Mara made it in perfume form!

Someday, I hope to speak perfume with this much eloquence. Because if i knew how all these words combined and how to make them so clear, I'd do it. But then you'd all say, "Um, yeah, thanks for the review, but it's weird that you plagiarized Halo's words verbatim and somehow think we won't notice."

In my own words, I'm cranky. So I put this on and I know in 20 minutes I'll feel better. That's all i've got for now. Maybe I'll top it with popularity potion so I will enjoy my company more. Ot treasured hearts. Keep it polite and whatnot. I am going out tonight but not feeling social. The guy with Tourettes who put his mat 12 inches from mine while I taught class tonight sucked up most of my last scraps of compassion. Butterscream will carry me through, I believe.

Btw, I have a pic! Thanks to whatever lovely goddess did that. That's definitely going onto tonight plus column. xoxo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This smells like a newly opened package of animal crackers to me, which I love! I spilled more than I expected out of the trial vial and I'm not complaining. I love how much more the graham cracker comes out to balance the lemon because I'm rarely in the mood for strong orange~lemon. Butterscream Lemon is perfect, unique against the other gourmet scents since I'm more often in the mood for a snack than straight up dessert or bakery (I don't frequently feel I've earned sweets until I've completed some grand project for the week). This will be a wonderful pickmeup.

Besides, this brings back memories of working with kids or being a kid eagerly awaiting snacks being passed out during elementary school. This energizes me. FB without the calories, plz!

Edited by Ivysaur

• 2 months later...

I wore this today on my pulse points, and added a light spritz of Lemon Fairy Cake around me after fully dressed. I expected them to merge into each other fairly quickly. 14 hours later, I am still getting whiffs of Butterscream Lemon from my wrists. And it's not cupcake like, the amber has steered it grown up and sultry. I'll need a bottle of this before it goes away forever.

• 7 months later...

This why I did not immediately do a FB of Moondust Cocoa. I was waiting for 2019 releases, but also had more to catch up on since I’ve been gone. 

I LOVE this one! Yes, my skin eats it, but I would FB this simply for the reapplication moments. 

How do I choose between a perfect cup of hot chocolate and a perfect Butterscream lemon Pastry. Soooooo good. Depending on the new releases this is going in FB territory along with moon dust cocoa if there’s any left, of course, by that time :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand, I tend not to like "bakery" notes, as my nose interprets them as harsh. But then I swiped this one on my arm, and rubbed it around a little bit, and now I want to eat my arm. Nom nom nom. There's something about the lemon and the cream together, OMG!

Dammit. I was gonna list it on my trade page, but now I don't think I can.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:55 PM, Eastwood22 said:

@Lainey, I just added a bottle to my wishlist. I think I have a backup, but my legs are too tired to get up and check! It's so good ❤️🍋❤️.

I just have a vial and now I'm upset about that. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

7 hours ago, halo0073 said:

I agree with Luna. BL is definitely sweeter and more dessert like. Lait has a particular type of milkiness that’s not overtly sweet that makes it fairly unique to my nose.

Thank you, Halo! I've got some Butterscream on the way to test out, it should arrive today. 🤗 But yes, that's what I love so much about Lait and hoping to recreate, that subdued, cool cereal-milk vibe! 😍 It's so cozy and comforting. Makes me think of rainy day after school tea and cookies with my mom.