White Velvet Pumpkin

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1318537354_60sw.jpg

White Velvet Pumpkin

Halloween is the official season of the Pumpkin, and we’ve brewed two delectable versions of this Fall favorite! Our White Velvet variety is lusciously creamy-sweet, with ethereal whipped pumpkin fluff swirled with buttercream, cocoa butter, vanilla mousse and a spritz of lemon, layered with the spicy Autumnal ambiance of a colorful carpet of fallen leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
COCOA BUTTER ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
OAK MOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

Our White Velvet variety is lusciously creamy-sweet, with ethereal whipped pumpkin fluff swirled with buttercream, cocoa butter, vanilla mousse and a spritz of lemon, layered with the spicy Autumnal ambiance of a colorful carpet of fallen leaves.

This one is kind of what I thought I was missing by not getting my hands on October Laundry or Frost on the Pumpkin (don't tell me if I'm wrong, lol. I think both of those are long since sold out!) It's a light, airy sort of scent. Not too sweet, perfect for Fall. Clean, but still sort of yummy. I really like this one, too!

I took the plunge and went full bottle on this one. I Can Not Wait! (and will make sure to post some sort of review after I have it in my grabby hands!) :)

You've made a great decision. This has been my favorite LP scent from the very first swipe on my wrist. I smell like something delicious to eat. If some poor man had this on I'd never leave him alone.

I can't get over how non-foody the velvet pumpkins are!!! This is haunting -- I get a whisper of coolness that reminds me a bit of Hauntings, and then the whiteness really announces itself. The pumpkin musk thing is totally happening, and while I can pick up the spiciness JLisa mentions, it isn't cozy or yummy at all, but deeply sophisticated. I have this one on my left wrist and Black Velvet on my right. Amazing!

I agree this is not a gourmand scent. On me, there is a slight initial sweetness, but, this wears as an herbal fragrance that has some spice to it, but not pumpkin pie type spice. I don't notice any buttercream or cocoa. The store site concludes description with "layered with the spicy Autumnal ambiance of a colorful carpet of fallen leaves" This is exactly what I get! Not leaves that have gotten rained on and started to get that damp moldy smell though, just crisp and clean. I am assuming part of that is the oak moss (?) It is beautiful. And, I can see why some might consider it similar to LP Red.

This is delightful! And so intriguing...it is a sheer pumpkin scent on me. I get both a spicy Autumnal and a fresh pumpkin kind of evocation with a gauzy white sweetness, like a sugary veil kind of thing. This blending is exactly what I enjoy in a pumpkin scent for sure. It's sort of like what I like about Looking Glass combined with Fall ambiance.

Good call, Luna!’ That’s exactly it. It has the sophistication of Looking Glass with the spicy warmth of fall. It also vaguely reminds me of Karmiel’s Silken Moonlight. I think it’s sheer sweetness and vanilla that make me think of that. It’s very crisp with a creaminess from the cream. The pumpkin is there, but it’s the pure pumpkin scent, like if you cut open a pumpkin and inhaled. And that contributes to the freshness/earthiness I think. I felt like i’d love this one, and I do, for sure. Just in a totally different way than i’d thought!!

This is the one I thought would be a for sure FB for me but sadly it is not what I expected. Something just isn't right for me here. I smell no pumpkin at all, I think it is the musk that is wrong for me. It is basically all I get. Oh well! The Black Pumpkin was such a huge surprise hit for me so I'm good with that!!

I was surprised by how spicy this is. As soon as it hits my skin it is all spicy sweetness. The sweetness has depth to it, reminiscent of maple or brown sugar. After a while, the pumpkin starts to peek through, but stays as just a whisper, never becoming a prominent note. There's a weird thing my skin does with some milk/butter/cream notes (most noticeably in BBM) that ends up turning them into an almost cigarette smell for an hour or two (I have no idea why. It makes no sense.), and if I hold my wrist right up to my nose I can smell that, but it's very mild with this blend. Even a little distance is enough for the other notes to cover it. Just my wonky skin chemistry that I doubt would happen with anyone else. The long dry down is a very nice creamy sweetness that absolutely screams LPMP to me (I mean that in the best way possible.) The oak moss helps steer it away from the gourmand, and while I can tell it's there, it's very much in the background and isn't loud at all. To me, this scent has the cozy richness of a fall or winter scent, while still remaining light enough for daytime.

I had a VERY full day, finished making kids costumes and getting them ready, taught a class, went to a meeting, raced to daughter's school to get her dressed for school parade, hung out with ex at school event, took her trick or treating near school, had dinner with both my kids and their dad and another divorced couple, them took them out with neighbors kid, then went to the actual grown up dance party where my man was working, all while DRESSED AS WALTER SOBCHOK FROM THE BIG LUBOWSKi. My beard did need to be refreshed like 6-10 times, but you know what never quit? My WHITE VELVET PUMPKIN! After walking another mom's little one up to many doors so she could finish her super serious gossip session, she said "you know what's cool? You can just smell that sweet fresh carved pumpkin smell everywhere we go." I said, "yeah, it's that good autumn smell." She said, "no, specifically, it's that sweet pumpkin smell." I just agreed, because, really, she was right.

Opens up as a dreamy, creamy, slightly spicy pumpkin, but not overtly autumnal. Dries down to an oakmoss musk, but keeps the pumpkin. Dries down with that signature LP sugar note! I love how the pumpkin stays around. I love the milk/butter/cream note, but the cocoa butter gives it extra oomph at the beginning. What a sweet, delicate, classic LP scent! But, everyone knew this would be good, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Delicious! I love milk/cream scents. At first I got a lot of the pumpkin, very autumnal... fresh, but a little crispy, and kind of fluffy... after a full day, it's really soft and sweet, mostly creamy sugar with only the ghost of pumpkin, and just a bit too earthy to be edible. Maybe it's the oak moss? I'm very familiar with the rest of the list, but I've never experienced oak moss before.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to love this one so badly. I love the pumpkin and the cocoa butter but something is too fresh for me. Its stabby in the third eye.

Halo, did that stabbiness go away? I have that problem with anything with leather in it. Like to the point where I want to wash it off, but then that parts gone in 15 minutes.

I am so in love with this scent. I did get my shipping notice (!) that it's on it's way, it's my first non-phero in a spray. I finished my little bit from my trial vial today, luckily my sweatshirt sleeves still smelled a bit when i couldn't smell it on my wrists anymore. It's the kind i need to keep huffing.

I don't know what's in 7 Minutes to Midnight, but I used it to chase the White Velvet Pumpkin. Does anyone know the notes for 7 minutes? It was released Oct 2009 I believe.

The archive is offline right now, but I know Jennifer is working on updating those review threads that are missing the actual notes, so eventually it will be included.

The archive is offline right now, but I know Jennifer is working on updating those review threads that are missing the actual notes, so eventually it will be included.

Thanks Luna! I like the science and detective work I get to do on here. You're always helpful, thank you for your endless knowledge.

• 1 month later...

Upon first application, White Velvet Pumpkin is creamy, spicy pumpkin pie. Quite quickly the pumpkin seems to retreat to the background and I am left with a gorgeous velvety, yet crisp autumnal perfume-y scent with the hint of pumpkin pie spices. I like this one and feel that I should save it for Autumn, a better fit, rather than this hot weather.

• 1 month later...

I wore this today, and I was in a hurry and so excited to fog myself that I missed my neck and the first spray hit my face. Like I literally sprayed this at my face, the only way it could've gotten to my brain's scent center faster would have been to spray it directly up my nose. Somehow this didn't faze me, only slowed me down for a second, and I went right on with my fogging shenanigans.

I know I've only had this for a few months, but it seems to have settled down and smoothed out a little more. It's really lovely.

Edited by Eastwood22

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This is my three year anniversary with White Velvet Pumpkin, which was special in that it was my first purchase of a non-phero'd LP spray. I don't think I had purchased a spray bottle of any perfume for perhaps 6-10 years before that, I'd been using high quality oils, religiously and exclusively. I had bought some LP phero sprays though, and I guess this one ws the one that roped me in for good. Just like many others before me, I CAME FOR THE PHEROS BUT STAYED FOR THE SCENTS!

I don't wear it often, but I really appreciate it for what it is, a completely non-foodie pumpkin. The musk and oakmoss sets it apart from all the others, it's sheer and classy. I'll be enjoying this seasonally for the next decade, I imagine.

• 5 months later...

Wearing this for the first time since that last post. It’s so good!!! I love how it’s aged. Perfect, somehow, for a sunny but cold spring morning.