New Releases for DECEMBER 2017! ~ Happy ALL the Holidays! :)

I plan to have these up and orderable by Monday - they are ready to ship!

Big thanks to Jennifer for making the labels with me - we make a good team!

So, Who's got guesses? :D

AD-NorthPole17.jpg

North Pole 2017

AD-1890.jpg

AD-DistantPlanets.jpg

Distant Planets - 2264

AD-1942.jpg

AD-YearOne.jpg

Year One w/ Perfect Match

AD-1400.jpg

AD-1969.jpg

1969 w/ Open Windows

AD-1200BC.jpg

1200 B.C.

AD-SomewhereInTime.jpg

Somewhere in Time

AD-AshesToDust.jpg

Ashes to Dust 2017

We also made Ashes to Dust in Sugar Scrub and Bar Soap, so you can wash your sins away! :D

AD-A2D-Scrub.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know how when you're on a road trip, and you're crossing a state line, and someone sticks a body part forward and yells, "First one in?"

I have no guesses, other than knowing that the labels are beautiful and I believe Distant Planets, Year One and 1969 are of interest to me.

Edited by Eastwood22

Amazing labels! The theme and individual names are intriguing. Im assuming it is time travel, or could be a retrospective... Somewhere in Time might contain a tea or oriental spices note.

1969... well, Im old enough to where I actually remember when people said things like psychedelic and far out. So, Im guessing a hippie vibe with patchouli and some floral, as a salute to Flower Power? Make Love not war, man!

As for the rest (there are so MANY! wow!) I cant wait to read the notes. Each and every label is beautiful, but Im sure the true work of art will be found inside the bottles :)

Im typing this on my iPhone which is so tedious, and have to leave for the airport in a bit, so thats the extent of my guesses for now.

Edited to add... Mara, yes, happy ALL to all! You so effortlessly reach across geographical space, no wonder your potions will speak to us from dimensions in time.

Edited by Eve

Is this a Dr.Who theme? I may be reaching, but with the different time periods, the angel, & Distant Planets; my brain jumps to Dr. Who.

Ashes to Dust in a sugar scrub and soap bar?!?! YES!!!

And the nerd in me cannot help but think (and hope and pray) that this is a time travel Doctor Who themed collection. ? Other than that, I have no idea but I'm really excited about it!

Is this a Dr.Who theme? I may be reaching, but with the different time periods, the angel, & Distant Planets; my brain jumps to Dr. Who.

Ashes to Dust in a sugar scrub and soap bar?!?! YES!!!

And the nerd in me cannot help but think (and hope and pray) that this is a time travel Doctor Who themed collection. Other than that, I have no idea but I'm really excited about it!

Hmm, it does look an awful lot like Gallifreyan on the Distant Planets label, now that you mention it.

Edited by greenappletart

Hmm, it does look an awful lot like Gallifreyan on the Distant Planets label, now that you mention it.

OMG how did I miss that!?! I have a Gallifreyan app on my phone. You are brilliant!!! Edited by tink333

OMG how did I miss that!?! I have a Gallifreyan app on my phone. You are brilliant!!!

I never would have seen it unless y'all brought up Doctor Who first, so all credit to you and Beccah.

And Mara capitalized Who in her post

these all look amazing - I love the labels!

Oh, good catch with the capitalized Who. Now that I look even closer, most of the labels have some sort of time related image on them, such as clocks, hourglasses, sundials, etc. The 1969 one even reminds me of the opening credits with the spiral, only instead of clocks, it's a zodiac, which is another form of marking time, just on a larger scale.

Playing detective is fun!

Now that I look even closer, most of the labels have some sort of time related image on them, such as clocks, hourglasses, sundials, etc. The 1969 one even reminds me of the opening credits with the spiral, only instead of clocks, it's a zodiac, which is another form of marking time, just on a larger scale.

Playing detective is fun!

Time, time, time...see what's become of me.

So speaking of such things, who can identify each of the time (or space) pieces used?

I see, so the Gallifreyan is actually a clock?

A compass, a street clock, a Gallifreyan clock, an analog clock, a sundial, an hourglass, a wheel of the zodiac, an ancient Egyptian water clock, & a Mayan calendar? (The Egyptian one puzzled me.)

You know what I hear when waiting for descriptions?

Tick, tock... tick, tock..."

I made a funny.

I hope 1969 doesn't smell like unwashed hippies.

Edited by Eastwood22

Looking forward to the new North Pole. The old one is one of my Winter favorites.

"Unwashed hippies" - LMBO! Great for all forms of mass transit when you want a little room ...

Edited by quietguy

Looking forward to the new North Pole. The old one is one of my Winter favorites.

"Unwashed hippies" - LMBO! Great for all forms of mass transit when you want a little room ...

Now that's a great idea! Carry it on a piece of felt and ditch it once you get there! Also good so no one sits in that extra seat next to you on the plane. I think we're onto something.

Yes, a perfect themed collection for the upcoming meeting.... Dr Who is attending...

982012233839iwsmt.jpeg

North Pole I just asked for that rebrew a few weeks ago .... And it shall be a very merry xmas indeed for the lucky ladies that will get to smell this one on me.... But just ONE sniff only for the married ladies and no groping please, just too much NOM for more lol... Two or more and I'd have to put you on the naughty list.

It definately shall help during the hazy shade of winter Luna..... Your not getting older btw, your just increasing in value...

Well I could tell y'all unless you really want to do it yourselves.

Descriptions are in, so hopefully everything should be up sometime tomorrow! :thumbup:

I think I've got it! It's the name. Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie* Distant Planets. The Magickal uses two Ks because there isn't a C in Gallifreyan, just the sound it corresponds with.

(* I'm still struggling to figure out the P, F, and M in this one in regards to the lines, but the other letters I can decipher. This is my first attempt trying to decode Gallifreyan, though, so I'm amazed I got that much.)

Edited by greenappletart

I think I've got it! It's the name. Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie* Distant Planets. The Magickal uses two Ks because there isn't a C in Gallifreyan, just the sound it corresponds with.

(* I'm still struggling to figure out the P, F, and M in this one in regards to the lines, but the other letters I can decipher. This is my first attempt trying to decode Gallifreyan, though, so I'm amazed I got that much.)

HOLY MOLY, I AM IN SHOCK!!! AMAZING, GATart!!!!!!!! :D

I used this app in case anyone wants to play:

https://adrian17.github.io/Gallifreyan/

And they're UP! :D

Please let me know if you find any problems with my programming, thanks!

Please remember, we are STILL without a proper website, so please feel free to ask for an invoice if it's too much of a PITA to deal with.

Our email: CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com or LovePotionPerfume-Store@yahoo.com

This is such a FUN set, I am going to go through the labels one by one here.

Stay tuned!

AD-NorthPole17.jpg

I've had 3 or 4 fellas asking for a rebrew of this one lately, and I must say that every single ingredient in that original brew is now extinct, so this is a thoroughly new concoction of the same type. I do hope you enjoy it guys, and I think many of the ladies will enjoy wearing it too. At our release party the other day it was incredibly well received. One dude was positively giddy about it; he loved it so much he made a dozen strangers smell it on him. :lol:

The labels this month feature devices that measure time and/or location/dimension in space. Clearly this is a compass, and is pointing to the next place I am moving if the temp continues to rise. I already have a job set up feeding Santa's reindeer in the off season.

AD-1890.jpg

I researched the scents released this year, and it seemed that half of them featured Violet, and all of those were described as powdery. I created a GORGEOUS scent along these lines, one of my faves of the month. The future practically exploded out of this era...it was the birth of technology based illusion for magicians and mediums; HG Wells wrote The Time Machine. Yet, women were still exaggeratedly feminine with these crazy wasp-wasted outfits and demure soft scents. Such an interesting period! It's the time I would travel to if I could, if only to see the magic.

Beccah is correct, this is a Street Clock, I love them! Many still exist around the planet from this era. Jennifer did an amazing job of inserting this clock into this image, which was originally 3 different pictures.

"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”

~ A favorite quote by one of my favorite authors, HG Wells

These look just fantastic, Mara! Beautiful! I haven't had time to read the accompanying stories just yet, (I'm in a bit of a rush this morning), but the first part of the descriptions of each are fascinating! And what a great concept! Can't wait to come home & read the rest of the descriptions! :)

AD-DistantPlanets.jpg

How excited are we to have the first female Doctor in 50 years of Who?! VERY!!! And debuting on CHRISTMAS! :D

Wendy posted about this on Facebook, and it turned into a convo between she and me and Tink that led to some wonderful perfume ideas, and a very amusing comment (to me at least) from Quiet Guy that it should actually smell like ammonia, benzine and chlorine. :lol:

Well, what we hashed out was this, and regardless if you are a Who fan or not, it smells DIVINE!

BLUE Chamomile - something TARDIS blue, plus tea for the Brits.

Tangerine EO - because you can't make a Sonic Screwdriver without orange juice.

Petrichor - the smell of dust after a rain, per companion (and perfume cover girl) Amy Pond.

Oud - for the Ood (a race of benevolent aliens).

Sandalwood and Myrrh - because the combo smells like dust and old books, and the Doc is over a thousand years old now, and I am convinced this is what Matt Smith smells like.

Cactus Fruit - because, c'mon, this is exactly the kind of thing that would turn up on an alien world, it's like a crazy dinosaur fruit

Jennifer found this awesome image - one of my fave bits is the markers over the bridge that look like they came off a clock. Plus, it's a girl. YAY! Just perfect all around.

The Galifreyan language is so cleverly designed to look like clockwork. Green Apple Tart was exactly right - it says: Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie Distant Planets. I am stunned that she figured it out. I am bonusing her forum points for this feat, and I am doing the same for all of you that brilliantly figured out my little clues and jokes and stuff. :D

100 points each to Eve, Black Cat, Beccah, GreenAppleTart, Bella, Tink and Wendy.

Why did I choose the year?

Although they never stated a date on The Original Series, it's been extrapolated since then using other key dates in canon, that the year the Starship Enterprise started it's first 5 year mission, with Capt Kirk at the helm, was 2264.

HOLY MOLY, I AM IN SHOCK!!! AMAZING, GATart!!!!!!!! :D

I used this app in case anyone wants to play:

https://adrian17.github.io/Gallifreyan/

*blushes* Thanks. I had to open two side by side windows to do it, one with the label and one with a how-to guide. :lol: I'm sure I looked like Ralphie in A Christmas Story furiously decoding his Ovaltine message.

ETA: Oh, wow, the bonus points! That's a great gift, but now I feel like I got two gifts: the bonus points AND a chance to play around and have fun!

Edited by greenappletart