il_fullxfull.1406943418_t1pq.jpg

We’re back with another tribute to the Master of Deduction, the world’s only consulting detective, the man who proved that Smart Is Sexy - and this sixth chapter takes its’ inspiration from Sherlock Holmes’ adventure in the opium dens of East London as portrayed in Arthur Conan Doyle’s story “The Man With The Twisted Lip.” Enjoy this unisex fragrance with the aura of Victorian-era vice without those debilitating side effects...a blend of opium and smoke accords, Dragon’s Blood and kush resin, strong black tea and smooth dry vanilla on a base of animalic musk. And with a nod to such euphoric pursuits we’ve paired this scent with our exclusive B2.2 pheromone formula!

Scent: Hypnotically deep, dark, musky and resinous with no sweetness.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
POPPY ~ Fertility, prosperity, love. Deepens feelings, instills calmness. Imagination, pleasure, wealth, success.
CANNABIS ~ The ceremonial, ritual and medical use of marijuana dates back over 5,000 years. Variously used as a love potion, to deflect the power of witches, for communication with the spiritual realm, divination, luck and protection from evil.
DRAGON’S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.
TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

from Cherry On Top

a Savannah Finch adventure

By Julian Lune

(part five)

Haunted Antiques! the sign proclaimed and yeah, I rolled my eyes. Which is not to say the proprietor was lying but I think if you have to advertise that kind of feature then you are surely pandering to the morbidly sensitive. But Sebastian grinned as we rolled up on the place, eager to find some new spectre to gossip with. Ghosts are great for that sort of thing if you can get their attention. They witness everything, but they tend to be caught up in their own concerns.

Entering the antebellum-style house we moved from thick heat to dust and mildew and all the assorted scents of age and rot. The shop was a safety regulator’s nightmare: crammed and piled and stacked every which way with the detritus of past lives and decades gone by. I coughed politely and waved a hand through the air.

“My sinuses are going to rebel at any moment,” I warned. Sebastian had stopped mid-aisle and sniffed loudly.

“My word, I haven’t smelled that since -”

Then I caught it too. Once you’ve smelled it you never forget it.

Eugenie Favreau, the owner of this pile of precious junk, bustled out from behind a massive armoire and waved her hands at us.

“Now Savannah don’t you go saying one o’my haints told you to come here and shut me down!”

I rolled my eyes again. “Eugenie, I don’t need a ghost to tell me nothin’ ‘bout what’s wrong with this place that I can’t see with my own eyes and call the Health Department!” I coughed again for emphasis.

“Which one of your spectral tenants is the dope fiend?” Sebastian asked, and I saw her flush when he turned his attention upon her.

“Why, I have no idea -”

“Are you telling me you can’t smell it?” I asked. I really did want to sneeze because its’ strange sweetness had that effect on me. “It’s the Balm of Eternity as sure as my name is -”

“Yes, alright, there is such a spirit here, but I am vexed by this one. I smell the infernal drug but I can’t ever find the source!”

I patted Sebastian’s shoulder. “Go fetch, but you are not allowed to have a toke, or whatever.”

“You do realize that attempting to fetter my degeneracy is futile,” he quipped.

“Just go, please.”

He walked past us and I looked around at the clutter. “Eugenie, why do people want cursed things?”

Not cursed,” she exclaimed. “Haunted! You’d be surprised what I can get on eBay for a haunted mirror.”

A crash sounded and we both started. My heart felt like it tried to punch my rib cage.

“Bast? Are you okay?!”

“The damn thing threw a chair at me! You didn’t say it was a poltergeist!”

“Hmm,” she mused. “Aren’t those sorts always too stoned to get violent?”

Another loud crash made us flinch. “Well let’s see what we can do because it wrecks your entire inventory, eh?”

Eugenie looked alarmed. “Oh dear lord not the china!”

We ran towards the back of the shop and I sneezed all the way.

This one has a really interesting kind of sweetness to me - it is reminiscent of other types of opium-like accords which I've smelled before, but this is really smooth and not too heady. Underneath it has more of a dark masculine quality, but again, not overly pungent, just solidly present. I like this for myself but I do think it's more appropriate for a guy. It's naughty man but it's not dirty or too licentious. I'm interested to know what other people think of it.

This one has a really interesting kind of sweetness to me - it is reminiscent of other types of opium-like accords which I've smelled before, but this is really smooth and not too heady. Underneath it has more of a dark masculine quality, but again, not overly pungent, just solidly present. I like this for myself but I do think it's more appropriate for a guy. It's naughty man but it's not dirty or too licentious. I'm interested to know what other people think of it.

Thanks for the review, I've been curious about it too (and have no experience with previous versions) I am going to eventually order a trial vial.

Ooo this sounds amazing... I’m getting a trial 

My order arrived today! And contrary to what I said one-post-ago... I sprung for FB and I love it. Gawd this fragrance is amazing. I don’t have the awesome ability to describe scents in the same way you ladies (and gents!) do. Let’s just leave it at that...

I’m VERY MUCH in love with this unsniffed purchase. And the Phero B2.2 has a nice feel.

Does anyone here know if Phero B2.2 is a newer name for Teddy BB (or vice versa)? Their molecule description is the same.

9 minutes ago, melisse said:

My order arrived today! And contrary to what I said one-post-ago... I sprung for FB and I love it. Gawd this fragrance is amazing. I don’t have the awesome ability to describe scents in the same way you ladies (and gents!) do. Let’s just leave it at that...

I’m VERY MUCH in love with this unsniffed purchase. And the Phero B2.2 has a nice feel.

Does anyone here know if Phero B2.2 is a newer name for Teddy BB (or vice versa)? Their molecule description is the same.

Here's the link that describes how they are different:

https://luvpotionperfume.com/post/147182243873/pheromone-list

Look under Unisex - it's the percentages of the ingredients.  :)

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Here's the link that describes how they are different:

https://luvpotionperfume.com/post/147182243873/pheromone-list

Look under Unisex - it's the percentages of the ingredients.  :)

I also got Teddy Man 2 at the same time, to compare.

ETA - following your link. 

So B2.2 is actually the softer, gentler one? I imagined Teddy as having the softer arrangement... I guess not...?

I do, however, enjoy both of my purchases today, Teddy Man 2 & Elementary 6.

Edited by melisse

1 hour ago, melisse said:

I also got Teddy Man 2 at the same time, to compare.

ETA - following your link. 

So B2.2 is actually the softer, gentler one? I imagined Teddy as having the softer arrangement... I guess not...?

I do, however, enjoy both of my purchases today, Teddy Man 2 & Elementary 6.

I haven't used B2.2 much, just Teddy BB, which I like.  You'll have to see which one works best for you. 

To me Teddy is the softest one.

Today, when I was sorting through my sniffies, I discovered I had this!  How it slipped past me is a mystery. I’ve been curious to try it, and have almost ordered a trial vial several times now. 

Yes, it is masculine, but it sweetened  up considerably after it was on my skin for a bit.  I think I’d enjoy using it in a warmer as a room fragrance.    I really like it a lot!  

Think: the clean but antique paper of a  library book that has been housed in a study where various substances were smoked over the years. 

I think im going to have to get myself a bottle😊.  

Posted (edited)

I'm really not sure why this and The Big Easy are turning weird on me. On my skin, at first (and smelling them wet), it's fine, less than five minutes later, it starts to smell like how cops have been described to me, now, hours later, that smell is all that remains. It's unfortunate, because I really like Elementary and TBE wet , but now, I use Easy on my pillow at bedtime, which I think helps me sleep. 

Edited by SugarKitten