Love Potion: Carnival w/Audacious

Beccah

AD-LPCarnival-SM.jpg

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
BLUEBERRY ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

*Note from Beccah- Yes, yes, yes! One of my favorites. :magicstick:

Edited by Beccah

Wow, this is one of those scents! When I put it on I find it just completely evocative of LPMP.

I get that trademark base with spun sugars and berries predominantly. Its a fall carnival and I'm the sexy mysterious lady out for fun.

Scentwise, this is reminding me of "Kissed By The Sun" a lot. But. a fall edition. The berries start going medicinal on my skin after drydown. I get a camphor berry note that is slightly lighter than the berry in Nox.

This is a scent that shouts out LPMP, fun & fall. Not as sweet as I thought, which is fine.

I need to see where this goes with some age.

Edited by StacyK

Yep it smells exactly the same as the original to me.

Yes me too; although with my chemistry it still smells more like candy necklace than cotton candy. It is a fruity-creamy candied scent, the LP base gives it a lovely delicious depth. I actually love the way the lemon pops up between the berries, it makes me think of Lemonhead candy, so sugary-tangy!

This scent is the epitome of an LP to me. That classic LP base and then that cotton candy pinky smell that Mara does so well and in such a unique way. It's very pretty and yummy but as always there is just a smidge too much patch for me to want a bottle. And the patch is not particularly strong, it just lends a depth and a little tingle but it still bothers my nose. The berry cotton candy aspect though is quite lovely.

First off, a huge THANK YOU to Mara for brewing a few phero free bottles of this. Being pregnant, I was kind of bummed when I saw this LP had pheros in it- it sounded so good! Now that I have a phero free bottle in my paws, I can slather freely!

First applied, I did get a slightly medicinal berry-ish smell.. But as it dried and melded with my skin, that has almost completely faded away. I'm left with that classic LP base with a pinky spun sugar type of feel. I am NOT someone who can tolerate wearing strong patchouli notes, but this one is almost non existent. It's giving a little depth, but I can't pick out the individual note. I wish I had this last weekend when we went to the fair. I would've smelled as good as the cotton candy I smelled in the air!

I applied it lightly to try it out. It starts off as a really sugary strawberry cotton candy with blueberry peeking through. It dried down to patch with a waft of strawberry.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!
First on, this was super fruit juicy, creamy sweetness!
I'm thinking the lemon gives it the brightness that I'm associating with the sweet that is making me think of something sweet with a hint of tart - which only makes the sweetness MORE fruit sugary :heart: It HAS to be the vanilla giving it that creamy vibe? I'm not really getting cotton candy so much as a berry, sugary sweetness. THAT is NOT a complaint!
Eventually it gives way to the familiar Love Potion base and fades into the softest sugar finale.
Going FB unsniffed was certainly NOT a mistake. Mmmmmmm :Love09751:
ETA: I just re-remembered that this has Audacious in it. What a fun pairing! Perfect for easing back into phero use on Mr .Right after baby is put to bed for the night... ^_~

Edited by NuTrix

Lady V., sadly, I agree. Patch HATES my skin. I added some to a plain wax melt and the patch was less obvious, allowing me to detect the rest of the notes. Can't wear it, but in a well-ventilated room, it works.

I got this in a spray because it sounded excellent. I was expecting something like Love Potion Pink, because that one smells a lot like cotton candy to me, but it's pretty different. The fruit and berries come through pretty strongly on me, with a solid base of that LP magic. I normally don't care for patchouli, but the LP blends are usually exceptions to that rule.

When my sister smelled it, though, she said, "Oh, it smells like cotton candy!" :)

Lady V., sadly, I agree. Patch HATES my skin. I added some to a plain wax melt and the patch was less obvious, allowing me to detect the rest of the notes. Can't wear it, but in a well-ventilated room, it works.

I tried this a few more times, and nope. It hates me. All I get is patch. Patch forevermore. I tried and tired but nevermore. I know my homrmones are definitely having a party and eventually one day I'll wake up and be balanced, but until then they want to party hardy on the patch. My hormones are being the biggest assholes right now. I considered buying this and waiting, but I'm sure it will be loved by someone else right meow.

Verry berry forward. I like. LP base gives the berries a creamy tart dimension. One of my favorite desserts is the fruit tart; fillings include berries, sugar, and some lemon juice.

Looking at Carnival's notes shows why I keep reacting to LP Carnival like I do to tarts :nice09719:

I note that Carnival has farther than average throw, so I wear this very lightly.

Edited by Ivysaur

Shook it really well and tried again. So much better! The patch is still there but not as much in the forefront. It's more cotton candy sugary goodness :)

I wore this to go see Sir Panda twice, and both times he did not like the way Audacious influenced my behavior <_ he doesn tend to like my bold and insensitive rare moments. i normally very mindful of others what say so not sure it says about me when sense humor leans a little careless on this pheromone blend.>

I think I'll have to save this for when I'm set to have an empowered, wildly fun night. This makes me feel ready for anything :banana091:

Sir Panda does like me in Blantant Invitation, however. His response to that is more stimulating, provoking, and interactive conversationally. So, the androstenone in Audacious must simply be that much more.

Edited by Ivysaur

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after my mixed review above, this one was confusing. I really thought it would go better. I like LP Pink so I thought if THIS is the one that's being compared to cotton candy, no brainer. But, I just can't seem to get past berries. In the long dry down, I get a fleeting whiff of something that hints at fairyfloss then it's gone. Big tease. But, the majority of the time it's berries & LP. Which is not bad until that one note there goes medical on my ass.

I love the concept and I can see why this is so popular. But, my skin is just so stupid when it comes berry notes.

Edited by StacyK

• 11 months later...

I'm a very happy girl with this in my arsenal

With a modest application, I refreshed and frisky from this sweet & sensual blend. I feared that it may be too pink for me, but it turns out that I'm pulling more citrus notes, which I absolutely love! I have no complaints but I do wish the scent had a longer lasting power - a little dab revives its intensity.

I noticed that men and women went out of their way to engage in conversation. Also, a particular man on the reserved side was extremly engaging (very unlike him), and I felt as though I could have influenced him to do anything to please me.

• 3 months later...

The fragrance was vanilla-ish, but morphed into something like candy throughout the day. I did not get any self-effects and the effects on others were very inconsistent and sometimes strange. Men and women ignored me, but sometimes women were hostile and defensive. So much so they frightened me that it could escalate. Then sometimes in close quarters with men they would be respectful and deferential.

• 4 weeks later...

il_fullxfull.1218207058_hjc9.jpg

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
BLUEBERRY ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

This one is amazing! It smells like a carnival [to me like cotton candy and funnel cakes]. The effects are long lasting a very social blend! Definitely good in a crowded place.

• 8 months later...

This one starts out like cotton candy, with the other scents in the LP base keeping it from getting too sickly sweet. An hour later the cotton candy starts to recede and the vanilla takes over. LIke everyone else has said, this eventually dries down into the typical love potion scent. I really amp patch, and on me the patchouli in this one threatens to get overwhelming, but stays just inside the lines.