Alcohol in a roll-on?

So, I was wondering if any of you had ever added alcohol to your oils but still used them as a roll-on instead of a spray?

My thought process behind this, which may be way off, is that the alcohol will have a better diffusion, but if you are using it with something like the OCCOs, you wouldn't be spraying it into the air and risk getting it in your hair, etc. or just have it lingering in the air.

Would doing this actually create a greater diffusion or is that only the effect of it being a spray? I would think that unless you sprayed it where you were at the moment you wanted to affect someone, it would work the same way.

I know my thought process may be coming across kind of rambly...but I am hoping it my question is clear.

Thanks for any experiences you could share or how you THINK it would work.

:)

In a roller bottle it would likely spill right out if turned on its side, so as long as you devise a way to keep it upright you should be ok.

Alcohol provides more lift for a fragrance. It brings it up in the air, and also wears off faster.

Im not 100% certain but it seems to me that an alcohol base might be too thin for a roller bottle. But again not sure at all.

In a roller bottle it would likely spill right out if turned on its side, so as long as you devise a way to keep it upright you should be ok.

Alcohol provides more lift for a fragrance. It brings it up in the air, and also wears off faster.

Thanks, ladies! So my reasoning is right in that it would get it out there more, BUT wouldn't necessarily be ideal for a roll on bottle. BUT if I put it in a spray bottle to keep it secured, but removed the sprayer to apply by dabbing it on or something...that would accomplish my goal, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this is helpful:

I have purchased several fragrances in an alcohol base from Pacifica, glass bottle, steel ball, honestly the damn things are so hard to get fragrance out of you might lose some skin. This is a common complaint with their product.

A common disclaimer when I purchase sample size steel roller bottles is that they will likely leak if the fragrance is in a base of fractionated coconut oil. Personally I've experienced a small percentage of steel rollers leaking with an alcohol based fragrance. I don't know about plastic rollers.

You could purchase bottles with plastic orifice reducers to control application better.

And, if you are interested I have a lot of leftover 1/4 oz glass bottles ( tall and thin ) with pretty frosted caps, that have a small opening. I used them for custom fragrances in my boutique. ( closed in 2010 ) I can post a pic if you would like, but you may have a few of those if you want to cover shipping.