Forum Upgrade!

Potion Master

What's going on here??? :o They are upgrading the forum. We should not lose any content, but we lose the look and all features have to be reset. The forum rebuilds itself slowly, and is only at 14% right now so do not panic. Yet.

You should be able to edit your posts now, I think, can someone please check?

All the emoticons are still there.

Click emoticons, then categories in the upper right. Then click the word emoticons.

:vampire:

I think the way this image thing is working is that each person has a small amount of allowable space for uploaded pictures, and then you'll have to delete things if you want to add more after you are full.  But you can still link things in that are hosted elsewhere.

29695542_1659073444146164_44477704436301

I was able to edit a post a couple of days ago, I think? Since the upgrade. It was in one of my journal threads.

And I was able to make one of the old emoticons with the code. I'll try it again here: :BRRRR: Yup. It works that way. 

Just now, Potion Master said:

I may have just created a distaster. I tried to load a simple skin and now I have no access to the admin area. omg, what have I done.

Oh no!  I have faith in you, Mara, I know you'll get it figured out.  

2 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

I may have just created a distaster. I tried to load a simple skin and now I have no access to the admin area. omg, what have I done.

Can you Google or YouTube how to fix it? 

20 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

If you Google exactly what you typed above it gives you these two links:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/406468-installation-error-white-pagescreen-after-db-is-created/

http://invision-virus.com/forum/index.php/topic/2939-halp-4x-installation/

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but thought it may give you some insight. Technology is great when it works.

1 hour ago, Potion Master said:

lol, Eggers.

Does anyone know how forum skins work?

If I buy one and upload it, will it erase the LP logo on top or will it stay there?

Thank you!

With my  website, once I got the color scheme figured out, I've not dared to touch it!  It was hard to figure out, and its been so long now!  Sometimes I tweak text colors or something, but that skin is on for life lol.  I agree.  Hire someone.    You've got more important things to do, like creating magic and creating punch for tomorrow,,,, 

2 hours ago, Potion Master said:

I think the way this image thing is working is that each person has a small amount of allowable space for uploaded pictures, and then you'll have to delete things if you want to add more after you are full.  But you can still link things in that are hosted elsewhere.

29695542_1659073444146164_44477704436301

Yes, exactly!  Only three photos uploaded from my computer used up my  available allotted space.  But photos I copied from a photo sharing site, where I had personal photos stored did not impact it at all.

The header is smaller now but the LPMP logo is gone...but I am glad the forum is back up!

I have to look for emoticons now..

You will post scent descriptions and notes...

:hypnotic:

:frankensmiley:This. is. amazing.

:t-rex-2:Me about 80% of the time...

:cat690:Oh good, I can't live without this one!

Oh my, I don't do well with change. :lol: But change I must.

ETA: Hmm, well I can't change my rank title anymore, but now I can change my profile photo. I have been trying to do that for a couple months now, so...

Edited by Beccah

I noticed that our location/interest/genders are now on display w/ rank & avatar? This Mercury Retrograde is bringing some quirky little glitches. 

Edited by Beccah

There are a couple of people on the Facebook page (not sure whether it was chat or the official page, sorry) who are complaining that they can't log on. I tagged Mara but I don't know if she saw.

I was in, and then I was out, and then I was in again, and then I was out, and then I was in on my ipad but not my laptop, and then I was in, and then I was out, and now I'm in again. Whew! I'm getting whiplash. I hope the tech support people have got it straightened out or will soon!

It's not the host any longer, it's dependent upon your local ISP. I can get in now at my studio, but no one can get in at the shop 5 miles away, on a different provider. It has to do with how fast the provider recycles the memory space.

7 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

It's not the host any longer, it's dependent upon your local ISP. I can get in now at my studio, but no one can get in at the shop 5 miles away, on a different provider. It has to do with how fast the provider recycles the memory space.

Does that mean this will keep happening? :(  Because that would suck.

I am in now though so I'm happy.

I'm checking editing...

edit- and that would be a yes.

Edited by Eastwood22
Because Mara is pretty

Hello, does anybody know how to set up the notifications? I am getting emails for every new post for all threads I am following. It is pretty annoying, I tried to turn it off, but it doesn't work. Any idea? thanks :)