Forum Upgrade!

Potion Master

24 minutes ago, Blanche said:

Hello, does anybody know how to set up the notifications? I am getting emails for every new post for all threads I am following. It is pretty annoying, I tried to turn it off, but it doesn't work. Any idea? thanks :)

Not sure, but when I was posting in/replying to a thread, the forum was automatically assuming that I wanted notifications. Before you hit "submit reply," make sure the slider toggle right above is over to the left and isn't green. 

I would like to return to having the former little red flag notifications pop up on my screen for the threads I follow (as opposed to the email notifications, which I turned off); I can't figure out how to set that up. The settings seem to only allow for you to choose to turn on the emails.

9 hours ago, Witty Kitty said:

I would like to return to having the former little red flag notifications pop up on my screen for the threads I follow (as opposed to the email notifications, which I turned off); I can't figure out how to set that up. The settings seem to only allow for you to choose to turn on the emails.

I only get notifications on the site if someone quotes me.  I have it set the way I had it before, but I still don't get the site notifications like I used to.  I was hoping it would resolve itself in time.  

36 minutes ago, Tinkerbelle said:

I only get notifications on the site if someone quotes me.  I have it set the way I had it before, but I still don't get the site notifications like I used to.  I was hoping it would resolve itself in time.  

Ah, yes, I just got that notification because *you* quoted *me* :) But yes I also miss getting them when people post in threads I follow.

I would like to request that we can edit our posts again, for an unlimited amount of time. For example, there's a "what's on your wishlist" thread. I like to add to it and occasionally cross things off as I acquire them.

Edited by Eastwood22
Because predictive text is unpredictable

On 4/27/2018 at 8:23 PM, Potion Master said:

Valid point! Let me see what I can do. :)

Thanks Mara! I noticed today that I could edit again, I was able to add to a Liebchen post instead of making another one. 

I'm so befuddled.  I don't know where my "content" stuff is like it used to be...I'm'ma just sit back n watch for a whilz...<3

• 3 weeks later...

I like the new color scheme, much more elegant  :nice09715: than the transition one.  

But wait!  It changes after I log in... old (new) colors, then new new colors. It didn’t always do this, right?  Tell me I’m not crazy. How unobservant can I be?  

If it it always did this, post upgrade, it’s just one more sign I’d never have made it as a spy.... or a private eye...

Edited by Eve

We've captured a rare bird, her name is Sharon and she's a miracle worker. I have nicknamed her Scotty. She is slowly fixing all our web problems, including the never launched because it sucked website, which I thought was impossible. Today she added a skin to this forum, still has some tweaks to do and the changes are still propagating, so you might see some shifting for a couple of days. :)

7 hours ago, Potion Master said:

We've captured a rare bird, her name is Sharon and she's a miracle worker. I have nicknamed her Scotty. She is slowly fixing all our web problems, including the never launched because it sucked website, which I thought was impossible. Today she added a skin to this forum, still has some tweaks to do and the changes are still propagating, so you might see some shifting for a couple of days. :)

Congratulations!  And maybe even the website back!  Woohoo. I’m very happy to hear this. Tell her I approve of the new skin (can she get me new skin too?? Haha) 

On 5/25/2018 at 5:17 PM, SugarKitten said:

I agree with Eggers, the forum looks really good! 

and now it looks even better!  Love the aged parchment background.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed my photos that are hosted on Photobucket are visible again. Is it a tweek Sharon did or something on the Photobucket side?

1 hour ago, quietguy said:

I noticed my photos that are hosted on Photobucket are visible again. Is it a tweek Sharon did or something on the Photobucket side?

Photobucket backed off wanting people to pay recently. Lost too many users to other photo hosting sites

• 2 weeks later...

The lack of a back button (as before in the upper left side) to go to the "general chat page is tough. When I want to get out of a thread, lets say this one, I have to go to my browser and enter the http for the general forum page. :(

This is on the mobile setting.

3 hours ago, StacyK said:

The lack of a back button (as before in the upper left side) to go to the "general chat page is tough. When I want to get out of a thread, lets say this one, I have to go to my browser and enter the http for the general forum page. :(

This is on the mobile setting.

Stacy, if you click in the upper left corner on the burgundy background, the back button is still there and works as it used to. It is just hidden by the new skin. I always use the mobile version and it "disappeared" when the new skin was applied.

• 2 weeks later...

I just figured out the other day that the new forum went back and tabulated all the actual posts.  I can change it again, and this is something I was going to ask everyone before the sale starts. I will go into the Amazon thread and re-add all those posts, but for other things, you should tell me, and I will add them back in. Sorry about that!

57 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

I will go into the Amazon thread and re-add all those posts, but for other things, you should tell me, and I will add them back in. Sorry about that!

I'm sorry. I feel pretty certain that this is not a killer use of your time. I hate admin duties.

• 1 month later...

Hey, @Potion Master, I know it's meant to protect forum from trolls and spammers, but there is some setting on how many searches I'm allowed to do in a certain period of time, and then I get an error message and it won't let me search again for 13 seconds. It might not seem like a big deal, but it means instead of going back a page, I have to re-enter all fields. For instance, I'm trying to look up notes on a PE from 2010. (Delicious Wood) So I can search "new releases" and "2010," it's pretty simple, it's there or it's not, I don't need to read about all the other offerings, but invisionzone disagrees. They don't like me jumpin' around all nimbly nimbly. Can this be changed? I can't be the only one on here with lightening fast thumbs.

50 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

hmmm, I never heard of such a thing.....

AH HA!!!! I FOUND IT! Yes, there was a search flood control set at 15 seconds... I turned it off. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Thank you so much!!! @Potion Master I hate 13 second restraints! Messes up my laser focused ADHD determination. 

6 minutes ago, Tinkerbelle said:

This has also frustrated me in the past so glad it's gone....but as an aside, I always just opened the search results in a new window and didn't lose the page.  That may help you if you're flitting around anyway. :)

I had four pages open at once the other day and was still getting the error message. 

Never again!