Tyvey’s Hollywood Candy

tyvey

I’ve had this for almost two months and it has just about killed me this whole time to not come on here and fling myself to the ground shouting and weeping over how much I love this perfume.  

My description was: “heliotrope; a lick of your softest, creamiest, most skin-scent-ish, & LEAST heady tuberose; hedione; all smothered with a dump truck's worth of white sugar”

It is incredible how precisely Mara captured the intention, and yet what she conjured is a 3D, no more like 8D version of it. What I wanted only so much better.  She even chose a label that shows the exact time of day that I put together the notes for this.  Terrifying :D

I was at a window at a hotel in (SURPRISE) Hollywood, looking out over the city being its maddeningly lovely and elusive and glorious self at not-quite-dusk, and I had just put on the hotel’s lotion, which had heliotrope (which I love - it’s so fruity and desserty on me) and tuberose (which is iffy on me) but it was kind of ruined for me with a too-sharp lemon, and a fig that took it sideways, among a bunch of other stuff.  So in my mind’s nose I pumped up the first, dampened and smoothed the second to its least pointy possible self, threw out the rest, added hedione because I am severely addicted to it and it seemed it’d play nicely with those two flowers, and then pictured turning it into a translucent jewel-like hard candy.  

I hadn’t said that last part in my order, but clairvoyant Mara made PRECISELY that:  a 35 carat emerald cut amethyst candy; luxurious and glittery and gorgeous and just a little intimidating  :)  It has a decadent, roll around on silk sheets, very self-indulgent feel.  WARNING:  it is seriously addictive. I have worn it at least once a day every day since getting it. Excuse me as I need to go put it on again. 

WHAT is this sorcery??? Omg I love it so much. I need gallons and buckets and bathtubs full of this magic unicorn tears potion! It’s sweet and clean and I don’t know what. I don’t particularly love any of these ingredients on their own. I’m not a hedione ho at all. I like exactly one jasmine perfume ever. Omg I love this so hard but it’s already fading and I want to cry about that.

Oh yay!

I am so happy it is being liked and is what you, Tyvey, had in mind. I really think you concocted a masterpiece with your notes. I too was surprised by the outcome!

When you told me your title, I was looking for an image when it's the time of day that the sky is all pink and orange and purple and blue and gold...because, pollution...but it does make for some spectacular candy colored sunsets in Hollywood!

IT IS EASILY A PERMANENT TOP 5 EVER.  In the potion and the picture you so totally nailed the feeling and mood and even that cool dry luxuriant feeling of early evening drinks on a patio in LA. It’s heaven.

@ halo I know!! It’s a million times more than the sum of its parts, right? If it weren’t my PE I’m not sure I’d have been able to identify ANY of the notes.  I don’t generally tend to prefer straight up florals so even as I was writing the invoice email I was like “what am I doing” lol and didn’t have a very clear idea what it would smell like or what I myself wanted, but as usual PM knew. She always knows.

I'm so happy that I ordered a bottle of this! It smells sweet and light and is sheer, but has a decent throw. I can totally understand how you envisioned this as a beautiful, hard candy or jewel. It reminds me of a beautiful translucent, glycerin soap bar with a sweet floral scent. 

This is truly lovely indeed - I feel like I'm burying my face in a creamy-sweet bouquet of white flowers.  And this is exactly how I love white flowers, when they're sweet but not too intense.  It does feel very decadent and luxe, like a fragrance you'd find in a high-end boutique.

ETA: the wear is pretty consistent for me, even hours later it's still potent!

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying out this scent today and it is wonderful.  It is like the haunting scent of flowers that you get when you are walking around a garden in early summer and you catch the fragrance of something floating on the air.  It is a subtlety crisp and softly sweet flower scent.  Absolutely beautiful.

• 2 months later...

I'm wearing this amazing creation again today and just keep huffing my wrists. It has morphed into a beautiful vanilla floral on my skin,  which is odd because I'm sure there isn't any vanilla in this perfume. It must be all of the sugar tricking my brain. For someone who usually isn't a huge floral fan, this one will change your mind. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...