Fluffy

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1520952479_tied.jpg?version

Magnolias have a reputation for being entirely dignified and refined, as benefiting one of the most ancient flowers on the planet. But we think they’re quite gentle and desired to present this beautiful bloom in a way we know you’ll want to cuddle up to! A bouquet of gorgeous magnolia varieties made oh so fluffy with marshmallow and silky-soft sweet musk with a dusting of powdered sugar. 

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
MAGNOLIA ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

I have been dying to try this one since Mara told me she was making a release for Bella. Not a PE but she knew she would love it. Wet it’s alllllll magnolias. I was sniffing so hard that the magnolia almost got stabby but only after the backend of a Super long sniff. So I stopped doing that. Lol. The magnolia is starting to soften and is being sweetened up by the sugar pretty quickly. The Musk is not sharp or piercing like a couple musks that could have been used for this can be and I’m soooooo happy it’s not one of those. That’s the only thing that could have killed it for me, so I am sighing a huge sigh of relief. I’m patiently waiting for the marshmallow but so far I’m not reading it as a particular note on it’s own. It has softened and sweetened quite a bit in the several minutes since I put it on. The Musk is indeed silky and smooth. Nothing is powdery. I’ll come back if the marshmallow ever shows itself as a clear marshmallow note but for now it’s all a sweet, silky but distinctly floral pillowy scent.

This is my DREAM come true, wafting up from my wrist with little hearts and flowers ? I am so in love ? 

Like Halo, I get a blast of beautiful magnolia at first. Sooooo pretty! The sweet musk is perfect with it. I don't get the marshmallow right now but I'll bet it shows up later, all soft and sweet and yummy. My box of goodness is straight out of the mailbox so it may need a little time to settle. 

I love it so much!! Mara, you are a queen! ?

Edited by Bella15

This starts out as a really strong Magnolia on me - almost to the point I was going to wash it off. I decided to wait it out and after an hour, it has now settled down and I can smell the musk and just a hint of marshmallow as well. It smells rich and has a nice sweet smell to it.

Magnolia and I have never been friends but I have to give it up for a great floral musk, because this has that amazing intensity to it - this is MAGNOLIA and you'd best respect.  I get the same feeling from it that I do from Cherry Blossom Musk, a definitive floral moment (as they say).  Eventually the sweetness begins to creep in, it threads its' way through the other notes, but what I get is a sugary sweetness from it - in a way which totally complements the magnolia.  It's like a Sugared version on steroids.  I think that's how the marshmallow is reading on me, not "fluffy" but just sugary.  If you are a magnolia lover then you definitely should try this one!

ETA: in the long drydown this ends up having a "plush" kind of aura, it softens up but it's still very intensely floral.

On 4/17/2018 at 11:46 PM, Bella15 said:

I do get the marshmallow! It has dried down to a fabulous sweet magnolia marshmallow musk ?

Thats what I want... :)

This is a very intense Magnolia with a smooth finish (which I assume is the musk) and a soft sweetness.  It is a scent which is fitting for "one of the most ancient flowers on the planet".  I did not know that about the magnolia flower.

The scent is now receding slightly which I approve of :-).  It now smells like I have bathed in the richest of baths and the fragrance is clinging to me and enhancing my natural scent.

I am curious to discover what a few hours of wearing this scent will reveal.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in love. This is georgous.

It starts out strong. Tons of throw. A little does go a long way. 

As it settles down the big burst of magnolia mingles with the marshmallow root. I get a subtly sweet, fresh and pretty scent. This lasts, which is great because the long drydown is where this REALLY shines for me. 

The soft magnolia musk with a touch of marshmallow root & powdery sweetnes lasting on my skin is :purr: worthy.  This is a FB for sure. :)

Edited by StacyK

• 3 weeks later...

Shoot.  I was hoping for a little more marshmallow sweetness.  I smell the marshmallow, but the magnolia makes it a bit too floral for me.  It does dry down to a musky sweetness, but I'd like some more marshmallow.  Of course, if magnolia is your thing, you do want this.  

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

lol! I was just about to write another review:

"gahh I wish I could smell magnolia! I think I'm still scent blind to it, but I do smell a tiiiiinge of it at the end of the note. Hopefully it'll come back to me... The freshness of Fluffy is definitely there!! Which can't be attributed to any other note cept Magnolia?"

This is my exact review from last year :lol:

• 1 year later...

Wearing this one today and it’s quite nice! I bought it for the marshmallow and I’m not sure I detect it specifically. On me it seems to be like the freshly washed laundry notes of Cuddle Bunny, but a bit more floral. A definite change from the autumnal scents I usually go for, but a nice springtime type of scent for me.

• 5 months later...