Sign in to follow this  
Beccah

Petite Baie

il_fullxfull.1473738134_sztm.jpg?version

Petite Baie means "little berry", and as the first fruit to ripen in Spring, the sight of one little strawberry is enough to tell us that Winter’s long cold dominion has given way to the Sun. We’ve captured that just-picked vibe in this thoroughly fresh fragrance - the scent of tart young strawberries mingling with watery green succulent accents of Bird of Paradise, aloe and cucumber and just a hint of warm earthy patchouli.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
BIRD OF PARADISE ~ Beginnings, excitement, wonderment.
ALOE ~ Protection, luck, healing, success.
CUCUMBER ~ Healing, fertility, abundance, invigorating.

I like strawberry perfumes of all kinds, I have a bunch of different ones, but there's just something really lovely about a "fresh" strawberry scent because it's complex, it's got different qualities intermingling.  In the vial I primarily sense the green/tart strawberry part of it, a berry which is barely ripe.  In the drydown that tart accent sort of moves to the back and it's more of a watery green scent on me and then slowly but surely the earthiness in the base comes out, but just a bit.  I enjoy the freshness of it, luckily the aloe does not become a death note on me!  It's one of those that I think even a guy could wear because there's no sweetness to it at all, I would say.  But it's Spring-y for sure.

ETA: it takes on a somewhat lighter tone in the long drydown.

What a lovely little fragrance. Like Luna I get a tart berry while wet. Then the green notes take hold. It’s a very fresh, green, watery, but still slightly fruity scent. Thankfully for me the patch never shows up for me. It does lighten up considerably after drydown for me too.

This is such a perfect Spring/Summer fragrance! It's light and fresh, with the tartness of the little berry. It's one of those that I could easily wear to work and not worry about my boss getting mad. I could easily wear this every day (except I have so many that I just can't do that, lol)

Posted (edited)

What a lovely scent!  I was worried that this would not have enough sweetness for me - and that worry is totally unfounded.  On me the strawberry is fresh and sweet - delicious.  The other ingredients are so well mixed that I cannot smell them individually - at least I think I can't!  I don't believe I have ever smelled Bird of Paradise before.  This is one of my favourite scents of this collection.  

Just had to come back on and add that after 50 minutes I am still loving this scent.  The wisps of strawberry drifting up to me are so yummy!  It is making my mouth water ...

Edited by Wolf Dreaming

This is a journey within one inhalation! At first, I was mystified. "Ooh, this smells exotic.. which is not the tincture of Summer I want this year.." And then after, "Omg! So Sweet but fresh!" Petite Baie somehow avoids being *too* fresh :funny_ladybird: So perfect - I'm going to make summer meomries with this scent. It's not green, either. I'm not into green scents right now; that's a phase on its own. I don't think one can go wrong with Petite Baie

I was intrigued about the strawberry/cucumber combination.  I missed out on Sugared Strawberry, so I was hoping for a strong strawberry scent.  This is a nice springy strawberry.  Not sure if I smell the cucumber, but it must add to the fresh green quality.  I do get patchouli which I don't mind a bit.  I like this one.